Who would you like in charge?

Marco Silva
Rafa Benitez
Brendan Rodgers
Eddie Howe
Mikel Arteta
Arsene Wenger
AN Other

Author Topic: Who should we go for? POLL RESET  (Read 162278 times)

November 27, 2017, 03:32:47 PM
Reply #105

GrantyBoy78

Eddie Howe is vastly overrated by people on here
Heís certainly not the answer, seems too nice. Heís got some average players at Bournemouth who are now millionaires thanks to him and are grateful just be in the Prem. They give him 100% every week. They owe him everything.

Imagine the contempt our squad would treat him with? First day the likes of Schneiderlein would be Ďwho the fuck are you, what how you ever done?í.

Because this is a squad of shit bags, make no mistake.

This squad needs telling some serious home truths and we need a BIG personality to do so.

November 27, 2017, 07:34:55 PM
Reply #106

GrantyBoy78

You know it is getting bad when even the mouthpiece is sacking it all off. Shambles.
So why did Moshiri pro-actively contact White last week to tell him we are close to finalising the appointment of a manager? The blokeís a fucking embarrassing cringe-bag. And a liar. Moshiri, that is.

November 27, 2017, 08:13:00 PM
Reply #107

GrantyBoy78

November 27, 2017, 09:55:19 PM
Reply #108

GrantyBoy78

We need an organiser, simple as that. Thereís no platform for a progressive manager to build anything here.

If anyone is shocked by this appointment then you havenít been watching us this season. Short term pain and all that. We canít take the risk of an AVB or some other Portuguese bloke whoís ever managed over here. We get relegated and the stadium and future plans are all down the toilet.

This season is a write-off but we need to accept that and get behind the team and the new manager. Have we got the stomach for it? Iím not sure, we expected so much more.

November 27, 2017, 10:13:48 PM
Reply #109

GrantyBoy78

While Iím less than impressed with this appointment, at least the board are acknowledging weíre up shit street. Iíd have been even angrier if weíd appointed some guy whoís just won the Austrian league playing a progressive 1-7-2 formation or some shit. Back to basics, stay up and fight another day...or season.

Just got to stay up now...

November 27, 2017, 10:29:23 PM
Reply #110

GrantyBoy78

How is anyone surprised by this appointment? Have you been watching a different team this season?

November 29, 2017, 12:47:07 AM
Reply #111

GrantyBoy78

Fonseca is used to having the best squad in the league; he has a 75% win ratio at Shaktar. Does he know anything about fixing the poorest performing team in the league?

November 29, 2017, 12:49:26 AM
Reply #112

GrantyBoy78

Ukraine league is about to go into 2 month winter break in 2 weeks. Fonseca has 6 months left on his deal, it's not an ideal time for Shaktar. But we've paid heavily before and it'll be the best compensation Shakhtar can get for his impending departure.

Fonseca agreed terms, Shakhtar are rejecting approaches. I don't see them rejecting the final approach, whichever way the market fluctuates between now and then, or how long it takes.

Allardyce may be next on list, but we're unlikely to quit in pursuit of Fonseca in first place and presumably Shakhtar have a price, once we've stopped offering more money and threatening press conferences.
Watford didnít have a price. Shaktar are a win away from the champions league kick-out rounds, they might not want to let him go. They certainly donít need the money.

February 18, 2018, 01:28:00 PM
Reply #113

GrantyBoy78

Itís hard to quantify as Shaktar are the Man City of what is very poor Ukrainian League.
SD are a very well run club that consistently buy and sell well - and have done over the course of a decade, so I assume they have an established scouting system/DoF. His predecessor, Lucescu, was there was 12 years and so Fonseca inherited an established and successful team.

Here itíd be a rebuilding job where heíd have to implement a philosophy from scratch with a squad that needs a fair bit of work, in a league where a manager is expected to deliver instant results.

It also comes back to Walsh and our own transfer Ďpolicyí; would Fonseca get the players he needs to implement his tactics?

March 04, 2018, 01:42:10 PM
Reply #114

GrantyBoy78

Our defence looks like it needs a complete overhaul in the summer and obviously the balance in midfield and attack isnít great either; how important do you think it is to bring in someone who has experience with rebuilding teams from the back?

March 04, 2018, 02:34:28 PM
Reply #115

GrantyBoy78

What's does that even mean? A good football manager builds a good football team, he doesn't just neglect 1/3 or 2/3 of the side.
We do have some decent midfielders and forwards at the club but our defenders are woeful. Coleman and Holgate (after another 40 games) are our only players at the back. The defence needs to be rebuilt, Coleman is the only cornerstone.

March 04, 2018, 02:42:27 PM
Reply #116

GrantyBoy78

A good manager solves problems, and makes the team better than the sum of it's parts (i.e. Carvaljal at Swansea).

When things are going wrong, it looks like there's problems everywhere. When things are going well, what previously seemed like problems disappear.

The squad does need reorganising in some areas, but not as much as it looks. One good managerial appointment and we'll look like a totally different side.
I agree in principle with regards to the overall squad, however, I donít see much talent in our stable of defenders. Stability and continuity is so important in defence and ours needs overhauling. Itís a daunting task.

March 04, 2018, 05:03:46 PM
Reply #117

GrantyBoy78

Michael Keane will eventually be a good player for us, when paired with the right long term partner in a settled defence week after week. I know it doesn't look like it now, but the lad's confidence is shattered and needs rebuilding under a competent manager.

The new manager will have to do more than just tweak the current defence though? I largely agree with what you said but that still entails buying a defensive lynchpin, a leader to make others around him, better. No mean feat. And assuming our new manager will want to play the fast, attacking football weíre all desperate for, then Baines will need replacing, too?

Iíve supported Keane this season but Iím running out of excuses for him. I hope the new manager gets more out of him but time will tell if he can; itís another uncertainty. Whether SA is at fault or not, Keaneís apparent confidence crisis doesnít say much for his mental fortitude.

March 05, 2018, 01:57:47 PM
Reply #118

GrantyBoy78

I fully want us to go for Arteta.

Get the right director of football in and give him and Arteta the task of rebuilding and developing the squad.

It's a monumental risk, I know, but you acheive nothing without being brave and taking risks.

I just think with the education he's he from barca, to working with Pep, to the years of playing in the premier league learning from someone like Moyes on how to adapt his game to succeed here where many players of his type fail has created a perfect match to be a great manager in this league.

He'll bring with him so much knowledge and enthusiasm to counter the pragmatism and half arsed nature of Koeman and Allardyce which has created one of the most dull football teams we've ever had to witness.

My eggs are fully in his basket now.

Plus, he's probably the only person out there who can rival Fonseca in the looks department.
Iím almost sold...