Mark Hughes
Chris Coleman
Duncan Ferguson
Koeman to remain in charge
AN Other
Manuel Pellegrini
Sean Dyche
Diego Simeone

Author Topic: Who should we go for?  (Read 58244 times)

blueToffee, Redartin, Mooley and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

October 24, 2017, 02:15:42 PM
Reply #270

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Cheers, thats kinda what I thought. I just find it interesting to understand if there is a 'club vision', are we trying to implement similar styles/philosophy throughout the club allowing players to integrate easier etc, or is it a complete change of direction with Unsworth coming in, even if it is only on an interim basis at the moment.
He seems to play 4231 a lot, whether that's cos that's what the first has played for a few seasons or not is anyone's guess

Simply simply lovely

deCoubertin

October 24, 2017, 02:23:48 PM
Reply #271

Paddockoldie

Thank you for the valuable insight into his style and capabilities, I feel truly enlightened!!

Reading the article on him the other week, he's known for studying the opponents and formulating a plan to beat them and working on the plan all week. His team play high tempo and press. He's got to be given a chance and I think he'll surprise us.

October 24, 2017, 02:26:39 PM
Reply #272

TheTone

be nice to have a manager who says 'We' as opposed to 'Everton' in post match interviews etc

October 24, 2017, 02:27:40 PM
Reply #273

Ramjam

Pauli Bento the Portuguese coach getting tipped on Facebook at the minute
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

October 24, 2017, 03:15:21 PM
Reply #274

DanDan

NSNO Subscriber
FFS

Breaking News on BBC

PHIL NEVILLE Interested in Everton job

October 24, 2017, 03:16:13 PM
Reply #275

Macca77

Hahahah fuck off fizer

October 24, 2017, 03:19:39 PM
Reply #276

Ramjam

FFS

Breaking News on BBC

Get me a fuckin rope
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

October 24, 2017, 03:24:39 PM
Reply #277

Ramjam

So if Unsey isnít qualified enough for the job in some peopleís eyes how could chisel chin be up for it
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

October 24, 2017, 03:26:03 PM
Reply #278

BlueForYou

Let's be brutally frank, this manager-go-round is a bit of a lucky dip - or in our case, unlucky dip

Wouldn't be against Tuchel on an 18 month contract - worth a shot as he is without a club

Even the top managers would probably split us -

Klopp & Wenger - no

Mourinho & Conte - maybe

Guardiola & Pochettino - yes

Take your pick on the rest - over to you, Farhad

Phil Neville? Take advice from your brother "I'll never manage again"
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

October 24, 2017, 03:32:25 PM
Reply #279

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
Kendall and Dalglish - both player-managers.  Back when clubs just got on with it without so much fucking drama and microscopes! 

Now, imagine one of our older heads - Rooney, Jagielka, Baines - just being asked the question!   Baines would probably have a panic attack and soil himself on the spot, Jagielka would talk himself out of it - fast - and, Rooney would probably think it was a good idea, but, he'd develop a stutter mid-"errrrrm", having second thoughts as the press went neanderthal.

This is modern football.  Massive babies and egos everywhere.  Not just players either, as we've just experienced.

So yeah, leaning towards keeping it in the family myself. 

Here's our man:

;D

I'd be more inclined to ask Jimmy Martin the secret of eternal youth - the man hasn't changed in the 30 years I've been watching us
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

October 24, 2017, 03:37:16 PM
Reply #280

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
FFS

Breaking News on BBC

Breaking news on NSNO

Fuck off Phil 😘

October 24, 2017, 03:47:05 PM
Reply #281

Toffee1

I'd be more inclined to ask Jimmy Martin the secret of eternal youth - the man hasn't changed in the 30 years I've been watching us

He looks a bit like Bob Wilson there.

October 24, 2017, 03:48:09 PM
Reply #282

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
He looks a bit like Bob Wilson there.

Ever seen them in the same room together?

October 24, 2017, 03:48:31 PM
Reply #283

hill135

Various reports of Ancelotti, Tuchel and Dyche being our top targets.

I think Dyche would be a really parochial, boring, mediocre appointment. He's done pretty well but ultimately managers have their methods and those methods only take them so far. Dyche's dare I say negative football is good for a team hoping to stay in the league but he'd never in a million years take us in to the top six.

We need the next Pochettino: some young up-and-coming manager with a fresh approach who no fucker's heard of to get closer to our rivals. Dunno who that is mind.

October 24, 2017, 03:53:19 PM
Reply #284

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
Where's the Lucien Favre shouts? There's usually a few on here for him. This is where I show my lack of knowledge outside of Everton - someone's going to tell me he's at a top European club now