Mark Hughes
Chris Coleman
Duncan Ferguson
Koeman to remain in charge
AN Other
Manuel Pellegrini
Sean Dyche
Diego Simeone

Author Topic: Who should we go for?  (Read 43759 times)

October 24, 2017, 05:06:10 PM
Reply #315

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Tony Bellew is 500/1

Simply simply lovely

deCoubertin

October 24, 2017, 05:11:36 PM
Reply #316

GrantyBoy78

Kenwright and some senior players want Unsworth
Of course they do - they can get back in their comfort zone with one of their mates.

October 24, 2017, 05:12:17 PM
Reply #317

Smingers

I read Walter mazzarri as Walter Smith for some reason :-s Bad times

October 24, 2017, 05:14:23 PM
Reply #318

Waltzer

No doubt - Koeman won't have a good word to say about the club
Or not.....

Sacked Everton manager Ronald Koeman is disappointed to have lost his job but was grateful for the chance to take charge of a "great club".

The Dutchman was relieved of his duties on Monday after the 5-2 home defeat to Arsenal dropped the club into the Premier League's bottom three and made it just two wins in 13 matches.

Under-23s boss David Unsworth has been placed in temporary charge and will lead the side in their Carbao Cup tie at Chelsea on Wednesday.
"I would like to place on record my thanks to the players and staff for all their work and commitment during my 16 months as Everton manager," Koeman wrote on Twitter.

"I would like to thank (chairman) Bill Kenwright, (major shareholder ) Farhad Moshiri and the Everton Board for the opportunity to have managed a great club, and to the fans as well for their passionate support for the club.

"Naturally I am disappointed at this moment but I wish the team good luck in the future."

October 24, 2017, 05:19:33 PM
Reply #319

Smingers

Everton: Phil Neville interested in manager's job after Ronald Koeman's sacking - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41733364

?

No thanks

October 24, 2017, 05:20:04 PM
Reply #320

BlueForYou

Very gracious, Ronald - top man

I'm disappointed, too

150/1 we get him back!
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 05:25:37 PM by BlueForYou »
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

October 24, 2017, 05:26:07 PM
Reply #321

Bluedylan

I think it's a little dismissive to have Tuchel down as Martinez mark 2. He's managed at a bigger club than ours, in the Cl and El, earned his chance by massively overachieving at a very small club. He also plays pressing, attacking football and has a very clear footballing identity. Whether we could get him I don't know but I'd have him well above people like Dyche and Howe.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

October 24, 2017, 05:34:28 PM
Reply #322

burkey17

My early opinion is the 'pragmatic' Evertonwill go for Dyche. The 'gambling' Everton will go for Silva. The 'forward thinking' Everton will go for Tuchel. Don't think Tuchel would come. I think he has bigger ambitions- Bayern Munich or maybe next Chelsea Manager. I think the other 2 would. Cannot think realistically of anyone else.

October 24, 2017, 05:35:38 PM
Reply #323

Waltzer

I think it's a little dismissive to have Tuchel down as Martinez mark 2. He's managed at a bigger club than ours, in the Cl and El, earned his chance by massively overachieving at a very small club. He also plays pressing, attacking football and has a very clear footballing identity. Whether we could get him I don't know but I'd have him well above people like Dyche and Howe.

I agree, and although I hate myself for saying this but I think we need to get an identity as a club. Our managerial appointments are so hap hazard I dont think it helps one bit with the continuity within the squad, take our last 3 for instance. We went from Moyes, who was pretty direct in his approach to Martinez who was the polar opposite, we had a big turn over of players only then to sack him and go for someone whose methods were the complete opposite again. The point im making is that as a club I dont think we could go for a manager like Tuchel and expect results, as much as it pains me he'd probably walk into Liverpool and hit the ground running as the team is moulded in that style, i cant see our current squad adapting that easily to someone as expansive. I think we need to have a strategic overhaul with a clear vision highlighting where we want to be in 6/7/8 years time and build towards it.

October 24, 2017, 05:49:23 PM
Reply #324

School of Science

I voted Tuchel, but doubt he'd come here, if not Dyche safe pair of hands we are in a mess. I know we desperately need a proven number nine, but one massive miss this year has been Coleman, think he would improve our defence so much.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

October 24, 2017, 05:50:45 PM
Reply #325

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
Pretty gutted that Dyche seems to be in front...
I have to return some videotapes.

October 24, 2017, 05:51:21 PM
Reply #326

Lazarou

Do we get a manger to suit the squad or a manager that will then need to assemble a squad. Suppose it all comes down to how deep Moshiri's pockets are, because if it is someone like Tuchel he will need to do a massive overhaul of the squad.

October 24, 2017, 05:52:50 PM
Reply #327

Ramjam

Do we get a manger to suit the squad or a manager that will then need to assemble a squad. Suppose it all comes down to how deep Moshiri's pockets are, because if it is someone like Tuchel he will need to do a massive overhaul of the squad.

I wonder if Sundered would like our rejects?
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

October 24, 2017, 05:59:27 PM
Reply #328

Waltzer

Thats the big question for Moshiri, it isnt that easy though is it as I doubt many of the summer recruits would fit and we've got little to no chance of recouping what we paid. Plus the likes of Sig have been taken out of the reach of most teams now with wages alone, its a big call. I could see Ancelotti working with this squad, admittedly he's need to add, but I dont see it as being as big a job than if Tuchel came in

October 24, 2017, 06:01:06 PM
Reply #329

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Dyche simply should not be a consideration.

He plays defensive and generally very direct football up to at least one big central striker. Which we donít have.

It would be a very poorly conceived appointment based on a few weeks positive press.

How many managers have come and gone like that over the years? Countless almost.

Tuchel, for example, isnít some mad proponent of wide open football so I also donít see why heíd be completely incompatible to the current squad.

We have players that work hard as I think Koeman wanted an aggressive pressing game he just didnít know how to get it out of the players.

Someone who does know how to do it (mainly by spending more time on the training ground, Iíd imagine) will be able to get a functioning approach out of this squad.

Not all managers play with big central strikers, so someone with the tactical ability to come up with a formation / selection that gets round that to an extent will also be able to do more.