Mark Hughes
Chris Coleman
Duncan Ferguson
Koeman to remain in charge
AN Other
Manuel Pellegrini
Sean Dyche
Diego Simeone

Author Topic: Who should we go for?  (Read 50154 times)

brap2, Mayor Farnum, pjk, Topper (+ 1 Hidden) and 20 Guests are viewing this topic.

October 24, 2017, 06:05:57 PM
Reply #330

Lazarou

Thats the big question for Moshiri, it isnt that easy though is it as I doubt many of the summer recruits would fit and we've got little to no chance of recouping what we paid. Plus the likes of Sig have been taken out of the reach of most teams now with wages alone, its a big call. I could see Ancelotti working with this squad, admittedly he's need to add, but I dont see it as being as big a job than if Tuchel came in

I don't even know what we were trying to do style wise with what we brought in under Koeman. It's a complete shot in the dark. January is nigh on impossible to prise quality players away from other teams so we are looking at next summer before we can realistically overhaul things.

It's a complete mess really. Maybe Unsworth is the answer get some of the youngsters in and try a get some sort of style but that would probably leave £100 million on the sidelines at least.

Coleman and Bolasie back would probably make things easier for someone trying to press higher and up the tempo. But the likes of Baines, Klaassen, Rooney maybe even Sandro would probably struggle.

deCoubertin

October 24, 2017, 06:06:22 PM
Reply #331

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Do we really need a big overhaul of playing staff though? I think we need to add to what we have. For years we've dreamt of a big squad to challenge on several fronts. Well, we have the attacking midfield sorted, we just need a quality striker, pacey winger, new left back and centre back to compliment what we have.

Hopefully with a bit more balance in the side, the likes of Gana and Schneiderlin can get back to their better form and we can push on.

It will still take time to gel the team but if we have a manager who settles everything down, then the future might not be as bleak as everyone's making out.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

October 24, 2017, 06:09:12 PM
Reply #332

Lazarou

Do we really need a big overhaul of playing staff though? I think we need to add to what we have. For years we've dreamt of a big squad to challenge on several fronts. Well, we have the attacking midfield sorted, we just need a quality striker, pacey winger, new left back and centre back to compliment what we have.

Hopefully with a bit more balance in the side, the likes of Gana and Schneiderlin can get back to their better form and we can push on.

It will still take time to gel the team but if we have a manager who settles everything down, then the future might not be as bleak as everyone's making out.

Depends what style the new man wants to play? I am not sure what we were going for with what we brought in.

October 24, 2017, 06:10:40 PM
Reply #333

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Depends what style the new man wants to play? I am not sure what we were going for with what we brought in.

I think had we replaced Lukaku, we might not be as in bad shape as we are. Maybe not the top, but certainly not in the bottom.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

October 24, 2017, 06:12:11 PM
Reply #334

Rhys

I'm a bit wary of signing of signing Tuchel, he's won nothing and guided Germany's second best team to 2nd and 3rd positions in the league. He seems to be dining out on getting Dortmund to the quarter finals of the CL, other than that I really can't see why he's so special?

A lot of our fans calling for him is reminding me of when everyone suddenly thought Sandro was going to be signing of the season, without actually knowing much about him.

He won the German Cup last season...

Yes they were the second best team so can't look and think did brilliantly, but he was competing against a Bayern team in his first year who breaking records around points and size of wins etc. He got 78 points in his first season which was more than the total when Klopp first won the league at Dortmund and would have won the league both seasons Dortmund won it under Klopp. Yes he took over a team in a better position than Klopp but it was a lot harder competition with where Pep had got Bayern and the number of points they gained.

Last season their level did drop for sure but he is someone that his record in his career so far is very good. He took over a newly promoted team at Mainz and in his time there qualified for Europe twice, finished 5th as a highest position. Earnt the second best job in Germany they were very good in his first season and were pushing bayern for the title until the final few weeks and his record finished 2nd first season and lost on penalties in the German cup final to Bayern then 3rd the next and won the cup.

How his ideas translate into England can't be answered but his career record is good, his teams have been attacking and scored a lot of goals and everything that has been written about him has always talked about how he always had a very big focus on becoming a top coach. If he was interested which I still doubt, I would be very disappointed if he wasnt one of the leading candidates.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 06:13:49 PM by Rhys »

October 24, 2017, 06:14:23 PM
Reply #335

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Does he speak English?
- Walt Disney

October 24, 2017, 06:20:21 PM
Reply #336

Rhys

October 24, 2017, 06:20:55 PM
Reply #337

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
- Walt Disney

October 24, 2017, 06:21:43 PM
Reply #338

everton1952

If we do get a top manager in, there is bound to be an overhaul and not just of the playing staff. Pep G from City could not make this lopsided squad perform, never mind Koeman.  Walsh might also get his P45 for being partly responsible for the shambles of a squad that the hapless Koeman was left to manage. 

October 24, 2017, 06:28:43 PM
Reply #339

Lazarou

If we do get a top manager in, there is bound to be an overhaul and not just of the playing staff. Pep G from City could not make this lopsided squad perform, never mind Koeman.  Walsh might also get his P45 for being partly responsible for the shambles of a squad that the hapless Koeman was left to manage.

Yeah I was just thinking about City. Took the messiah a season to get the players in he needed/wanted to fit his style.

October 24, 2017, 06:29:13 PM
Reply #340

cantoffee

Dyche reminds me of Paul Lambert from a few years back.

Organised teams who sit deep and play long diagonals can only go so far.

Dyche was on the verge of relegating Burnley last year. He's had a good start to the year and if he were to do well this year I could understand him getting a better job but he's not proven himself yet and certainly not shown anything to suggest he could take us up a level or two that we need.

October 24, 2017, 06:30:34 PM
Reply #341

BlueNoseMike

Yeah Walsh should at least be getting dragged into the big man's office and being told to buck his ideas up. Although how much of a say did he have on some of our main targets? I guess we won't know

Remember when we all thought we were gonna get Emery and Monchi? How class would that have been? Monchi at Roma too so he was surely gettable

October 24, 2017, 06:33:45 PM
Reply #342

MmmBlueRamirez

Pretty gutted that Dyche seems to be in front...

Ask yourself, can you really see Moshiri going for Dyche.

We know he went all out for Koeman but that's the fan boy in him. Its a big game to him.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

October 24, 2017, 06:36:21 PM
Reply #343

KoemansNumberTens

Dyche reminds me of Paul Lambert from a few years back.

Organised teams who sit deep and play long diagonals can only go so far.

Dyche was on the verge of relegating Burnley last year. He's had a good start to the year and if he were to do well this year I could understand him getting a better job but he's not proven himself yet and certainly not shown anything to suggest he could take us up a level or two that we need.

Burnley were favourites to go down and were never on the verge of it. That's a success

October 24, 2017, 06:42:03 PM
Reply #344

Hawkandro

This is where Walsh should come into his own a bit now; he should have an input into the manager, so hopefully that will make the transfer windows smoother...
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.