Mark Hughes
Chris Coleman
Duncan Ferguson
Koeman to remain in charge
AN Other
Manuel Pellegrini
Sean Dyche
Diego Simeone

Author Topic: Who should we go for?  (Read 51124 times)

Paddockoldie, KoemansNumberTens, blueToffee, Rodenplav64, TheRam, Waltzer, everton1952, jon_blade (+ 1 Hidden) and 13 Guests are viewing this topic.

October 24, 2017, 06:46:13 PM
Reply #345

Hawkandro

Thats the big question for Moshiri, it isnt that easy though is it as I doubt many of the summer recruits would fit and we've got little to no chance of recouping what we paid. Plus the likes of Sig have been taken out of the reach of most teams now with wages alone, its a big call. I could see Ancelotti working with this squad, admittedly he's need to add, but I dont see it as being as big a job than if Tuchel came in

Pickford - will keep his place.
Keane - ditto, though we could do someone with pace alongside him.
Schneiderlin - should be dropped for Davies.
Klaassen - I am hopeful that given the season with a manager who has some semblance of tactics, he will come good. Likewise, could easily see him on loan at Ajax next year.
Sigurdsson - play him in the No.10 role. If Barkley stays, he can play out from the right; remember he did quite well there last year/season before? If not, can drop back to CM.
Rooney - bench or up front.
Vlasic - Can play on the wing with Lookman, Mirallas and Bolasie.
Sandro - Same as Vlasic, once used to the pace of the league. If not, we will probably recoup the money selling back to a La Liga side.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

deCoubertin

October 24, 2017, 06:47:28 PM
Reply #346

cantoffee

Burnley were favourites to go down and were never on the verge of it. That's a success
They won about 4 points away from home last year and finished what? In 16th?

I'm not saying he didn't do well with what he had, but can you imagine us playing with a bank of 4 and another of 5 blocking shots all game and playing long diagonals? Most shots against in the league?

He might coach a team at a higher level differently, but there is no evidence.

I think he'd probably get us to 7th or 8th but I doubt he can take us beyond given his style of play.

They've had a good start to the season,  but on last year's evidence I wouldn't have wanted him so he hasn't done enough to get the job. He's doing well now so he's in the press a lot but that could be very different come Christmas.

October 24, 2017, 06:51:00 PM
Reply #347

Waltzer

Burnley were favourites to go down and were never on the verge of it. That's a success

I think hes done remarkably well with Burnley but is that style of play transferable to the other end of the table where we hope to be? As said before it wouldnt take long before we had enough of sitting deep and just spanking the ball long in the hope we could get a goal with our 20/30% of possession, I think his style works, but there is a ceiling.

October 24, 2017, 06:55:54 PM
Reply #348

Rodenplav64

Ask yourself, can you really see Moshiri going for Dyche.

We know he went all out for Koeman but that's the fan boy in him. Its a big game to him.

Could you see Kenwright going for Dyche because Moshiri might just defer to Kenwright this time . Hope not as he would be a massive step back even on the fucking idiot who has just been sacked . Yes they beat us but don't forget Robertos season 3 Everton slopped out Koemans  Southampton 3-0 .

October 24, 2017, 06:56:54 PM
Reply #349

kramer0

I like Dyche just fine but the manager of a team that's only scored 8 goals is probably the wrong man to breathe life into our abysmal attack.

October 24, 2017, 07:01:34 PM
Reply #350

TrevorSteven

Could anyone either give me contactinfo or pass this message through to decisionmakers at Everton:

There is one name and one name only Everton should go for. Lets get Julian Nagelsmann before someone bigger goes for him.

October 24, 2017, 07:06:32 PM
Reply #351

MmmBlueRamirez

Could you see Kenwright going for Dyche because Moshiri might just defer to Kenwright this time . Hope not as he would be a massive step back even on the fucking idiot who has just been sacked . Yes they beat us but don't forget Robertos season 3 Everton slopped out Koemans  Southampton 3-0 .
Im assuming that Bill just sits there silently, smiling now.

I suspect he has pretty much fuck-all squared in terms of a say in the big decision given he repeatedly fluffed his lines (ironically) in the past.....
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

October 24, 2017, 07:07:04 PM
Reply #352

Waltzer

Thomas Tuchel has not ruled himself out of the running to become Everton's next boss, Sky Sports News understands.

Tuchel has been out of work since leaving Borussia Dortmund in May, just days after winning the German Cup final, and has stated publicly that he would like to work in the Premier League.

Until now, Tuchel has been reluctant to consider any club not playing in the Champions League, but Sky Sports News has been told he would be open to an approach from Everton.

Everton sacked Ronald Koeman on Monday afternoon and are yet to draw up a shortlist for the role, although Tuchel's odds have been slashed since the bookmakers opened their market on his replacement.

Tuchel is competing with Burnley boss Sean Dyche and Everton's own U23 manager David Unsworth at the head of the betting.

Unsworth has been placed in temporary charge of first-team affairs and will be in the dugout when Everton take on Chelsea in the fourth round of the Carabao Cup on Wednesday.

October 24, 2017, 07:07:23 PM
Reply #353

Gash

Global Moderator
I can't sit thorough a Sean Dyche post match interview without feeling a need to down a bottle of Covonia, for that reason alone I'm out.

October 24, 2017, 07:09:43 PM
Reply #354

TheTone

me mate that works in paddypower telling me theres a lot of money going on big Tommy Tuchel all morning

October 24, 2017, 07:12:07 PM
Reply #355

everton1952

Bottle of what? Is it a tonic or maybe like Gaviscon?

October 24, 2017, 07:14:00 PM
Reply #356

MmmBlueRamirez

I can't sit thorough a Sean Dyche post match interview without feeling a need to down a bottle of Covonia, for that reason alone I'm out.

His voice is so distracting I struggle to take him seriously.

Billy Goats Gruff, or the Gruffalo is all I can think of when he speaks.

The other day I had to deal with the innocent question "Dad, is that man poorly?"....
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

October 24, 2017, 07:15:30 PM
Reply #357

everton1952

Could anyone either give me contactinfo or pass this message through to decisionmakers at Everton:

There is one name and one name only Everton should go for. Lets get Julian Nagelsmann before someone bigger goes for him.
Let Walsh know, unless he has already left Everton.

October 24, 2017, 07:16:28 PM
Reply #358

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber

Why doesnt he cough?? it does my fucking head in.
I have to return some videotapes.

October 24, 2017, 07:19:51 PM
Reply #359

Toddacelli

Give it a rest, Julian.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates