Mark Hughes
Chris Coleman
Duncan Ferguson
Koeman to remain in charge
AN Other
Manuel Pellegrini
Sean Dyche
Diego Simeone

Author Topic: Who should we go for?  (Read 51125 times)

Waltzer, Paddockoldie, KoemansNumberTens, blueToffee, Rodenplav64, TheRam, everton1952, jon_blade (+ 1 Hidden) and 13 Guests are viewing this topic.

October 24, 2017, 07:20:25 PM
Reply #360

Toddacelli

Would rather have Chris Hughton than Sean Dyche.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

deCoubertin

October 24, 2017, 07:22:04 PM
Reply #361

everton1952

isn't that one of the reasons why some on here wanted Koeman sacked because of his "lack of media skills/poor diction."  We might have to go through it all over again if Dyche gets the job.

October 24, 2017, 07:41:16 PM
Reply #362

sam of the south

isn't that one of the reasons why some on here wanted Koeman sacked because of his "lack of media skills/poor diction."  We might have to go through it all over again if Dyche gets the job.

I don't think that was an important factor at all.

Most wanted him sacked because our football in all areas of the pitch was dreadful, we were tactically anonymous, and the results and scorelines this season were abysmal. 
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

October 24, 2017, 07:51:36 PM
Reply #363

everton1952

Oh! I am sure you are correct, but nonetheless some added it to their lists of dislikes of Koeman.

October 24, 2017, 07:52:38 PM
Reply #364

Macca77

Don't know about anyone else but i fucking love Unsworth, said all the right things there, players are buzzing

October 24, 2017, 07:52:51 PM
Reply #365

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Would be happy with Tuchel. Think I am changing my mind on Arteta. Going to get in the Nagelsman bandwagon.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

October 24, 2017, 07:56:43 PM
Reply #366

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Thomas Tuchel has not ruled himself out of the running to become Everton's next boss, Sky Sports News understands.

Tuchel has been out of work since leaving Borussia Dortmund in May, just days after winning the German Cup final, and has stated publicly that he would like to work in the Premier League.

Until now, Tuchel has been reluctant to consider any club not playing in the Champions League, but Sky Sports News has been told he would be open to an approach from Everton.

Everton sacked Ronald Koeman on Monday afternoon and are yet to draw up a shortlist for the role, although Tuchel's odds have been slashed since the bookmakers opened their market on his replacement.

Tuchel is competing with Burnley boss Sean Dyche and Everton's own U23 manager David Unsworth at the head of the betting.

Unsworth has been placed in temporary charge of first-team affairs and will be in the dugout when Everton take on Chelsea in the fourth round of the Carabao Cup on Wednesday.

That would be somewhat promising, he’s actively ruled himself out of taking the West Ham job and I think the Leicester one too.

October 24, 2017, 08:03:17 PM
Reply #367

BlueForYou

Nagelsmann is only 30 but has worked with Tuchel - that does indeed look like a dream team, on paper anyway

Manager: Tuchel

Assistant: Nagelsmann

Coach: Unsworth

I am in 100%
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

October 24, 2017, 08:17:44 PM
Reply #368

Waltzer

If you believe this then Carlo is out, although it does state we contacted him as quickly as 2 days after the sacking of Koeman, which by my understanding is tomorrow!!?

Everton are understood to have contacted Carlo Ancelotti about the prospect of replacing Ronald Koeman

With Everton scouring the market for a manager to replace Ronald Koeman, one name simply leaps off the page. The Toffees have been linked with the likes of former Watford boss Walter Mazzarri and even David Moyes has been tipped to return – but Carlo Ancelotti is the man the majority of supporters are dreaming about.

The Independent reported on Monday that The Toffees saw the 58-year-old Italian as an option with Burnley’s Sean Dyche and former Dortmund tactician Thomas Tuchel also on the shortlist.

The report added that Ancelotti, however, would take a lot of convincing, having planned to take a number of months out of the game following his sacking by Bayern Munich last month.
And Italian publication Tuttomercatoweb has provided an update on the story on Tuesday morning, going as far as to claim that Everton had contacted the former Chelsea, AC Milan and Real Madrid boss just two days after Koeman was given his marching orders.

Though, as expected, the three-time Champions League winning manager has turned down the prospect of an immediate return to management.

This will come as a disappointing to a number of Everton supporters. Ancelotti is, after all, by far the most reputable name available at the moment and has experience of managing, and succeeding, with some of the biggest club sides in the European game.

With Ancelotti out of the running, however, Burnley supporters can be forgiven for feeling a little nervous with speculation surrounding Dyche increasing.

October 24, 2017, 08:24:45 PM
Reply #369

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Sorry if I'm late to this but apparently Phil Neville wants the job:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/41733364

« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 08:33:46 PM by blueToffee »

October 24, 2017, 08:25:37 PM
Reply #370

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Nagelsmann is only 30 but has worked with Tuchel - that does indeed look like a dream team, on paper anyway

Manager: Tuchel

Assistant: Nagelsmann

Coach: Unsworth

I am in 100%

Director of football: Rangnick

October 24, 2017, 08:27:20 PM
Reply #371

Redartin

I'm worried now.

When Moyes left the first name being kicked about by the media was Martinez. Then a few others got kicked about but Roberto kept getting mentioned and was then named manager.

When he went first name being kicked about by the media was Koeman. Then we had Emery, Pelligrini etc but Koeman kept getting mentioned and was then named manager.

Now the first named being kicked about by the media is Sean Dyche. Please don't let us go for a hat trick of crap managers. Let Leicester experiment with the likes of Dyche or Howe. I' rather go for the fucking dentist that manages Iceland. (The country, not the shop)
He is a Moyes dressed up in Ancelotti clothes.

October 24, 2017, 08:30:39 PM
Reply #372

sam of the south

Director of football: Rangnick

I've wanted Rangnick as DOF and Tuchel as Manager for a while now
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

October 24, 2017, 08:31:04 PM
Reply #373

Trublue

I want Unsworth right now. Hope he gets the results to get the job. That Press conference has done it for me