Who would you like in charge?

Marco Silva
Rafa Benitez
Brendan Rodgers
Eddie Howe
Mikel Arteta
Arsene Wenger
AN Other

Author Topic: Who should we go for? POLL RESET  (Read 158085 times)

November 29, 2017, 01:47:29 AM
Reply #45

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
AVB has apparently left his Chinese club

Crossing fingers he wants to move to the Ukraine.

November 29, 2017, 02:32:14 AM
Reply #46

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Never rated that Silva guy...

March 11, 2018, 07:20:17 PM
Reply #47

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Not much reported recently about Silva that I have seen. However, I can see this scenario possibly happening - win next week against Stoke and reach the 40 points, Allardyce, is told thank you and let go. I then see Silva being appointed for the rest of the season, with a view to seeing what players he wants to keep and then preparing for the summer recruitment/new season.

Allardyce is here until the end of the season.

May 22, 2018, 02:08:03 AM
Reply #48

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Arsenal's manager search seemed to be tailored to disrupting as many of the teams above them as possible. Arteta at Man City, Klopp's second in command, Mourinho's too.

All to appoint a proven manager.

May 22, 2018, 03:58:45 AM
Reply #49

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
It's one thing handing over a functional team to an untested manager such as if Guardiola was in hospital for a few weeks and Arteta took over, chances are Man City would autopilot their way to decent results.

It's quite another to hand over the squad as we have it right now to an inexperienced manager and expect a team to be built on their first try. It'd be a huge gamble. Seriously can't fathom it really.

Why even Arteta? If we're going by good Everton players then surely we should be giving Rooney the player/manager role.

May 22, 2018, 05:53:09 AM
Reply #50

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
That one is easy to answer: Rooney has always been an instinctive player, whereas Arteta was a student of the game since day one.

What makes Arteta a student of the game since day one?

Does that qualify him anyhow? I mean both the Neville brothers are probably what you’d call students of the game too. Neither of those guys are pulling up any trees mangerially speaking.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 05:55:25 AM by blueToffee »

May 22, 2018, 07:22:27 AM
Reply #51

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
@MiguelDelaney Story has already moved on since but, from earlier, Arteta issues over backroom staff and extent of his role played huge part. Emery more willing to work within confines of head coach role.

>Hype up person to replace Wenger
>Get someone who's worse instead
Classic Arse, can't wait for them to not finish in any CL/Europa places.

Manuel Pellegrini is the new frontrunner for West Ham job. Benitez still in the frame but Pellegrini definitely has the edge. Emery and Ranieri both considered back-ups

>Arsenal appointing the west ham back up option.

Most Arsenal fans seem relieved by the choice. I'm amazed anyone is saying Arteta is a stronger choice than a 3 time back to back Europa League winner...based on what? Just because Guardiola said he's good? Guardiola was also apparently lining up Iniesta to take over Arteta's role now he's retired so maybe we should go for Iniesta instead?

Never would have Emery gone from PSG to West Ham either, that's just their typical BS.