Mark Hughes
Chris Coleman
Duncan Ferguson
Koeman to remain in charge
AN Other
Manuel Pellegrini
Sean Dyche
Diego Simeone

Author Topic: Who should we go for?  (Read 52314 times)

blueToffee, Frevski and 12 Guests are viewing this topic.

October 26, 2017, 09:28:48 PM
Reply #450

GoodisonPk

Unsworth for the season. Then splash the cash on a big manager. One who can attract players who has contacts to do so. Pay overs for him but make it the right choice.

The next appointment is crucial. Get this one wrong money or not could set us back another 5 years.

deCoubertin

October 26, 2017, 09:29:05 PM
Reply #451

Macca77

Giggs would be a shite manager, the same as Gary Neville was.

October 26, 2017, 09:41:30 PM
Reply #452

KoemansNumberTens

Unsworth for the season. Then splash the cash on a big manager. One who can attract players who has contacts to do so. Pay overs for him but make it the right choice.

The next appointment is crucial. Get this one wrong money or not could set us back another 5 years.

I really do think managers attracting players is a bit of a myth. Take Moyes for instance. It's levelled at him that he couldn't attract players at Utd..... bale who decided to go to Real Madrid and fabregas who stayed at Barcelona. I just don't think Moyes being manager was the big factor it was made out to be. Who did we sign because of koemans name? I just don't see any name attracting players that the top 6 want until we bridge the gap financially and on the pitch

October 26, 2017, 10:09:15 PM
Reply #453

GoodisonPk

I really do think managers attracting players is a bit of a myth. Take Moyes for instance. It's levelled at him that he couldn't attract players at Utd..... bale who decided to go to Real Madrid and fabregas who stayed at Barcelona. I just don't think Moyes being manager was the big factor it was made out to be. Who did we sign because of koemans name? I just don't see any name attracting players that the top 6 want until we bridge the gap financially and on the pitch

Don't disagree with you. I guess the balance is is needed between being a dogs of war club which seemingly is what we do best and is part of our DNA and getting someone who can take us to the next level. Unsworth, Dyche etc would end up long term keeping us stuck in the former.

October 26, 2017, 10:52:00 PM
Reply #454

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
got my heart set on Tuchel.
I have to return some videotapes.

October 26, 2017, 10:57:22 PM
Reply #455

boothill

This tuchel, whats the big deal ? Hes won a cup in germany with a biggish team, cant see the attraction myself, the prem is a total different animal all together, if you havnt got an experience of it or a squad of world class players you will struggle, just look across the park, ok they turn us over regular, but they're nowt special

October 26, 2017, 11:07:06 PM
Reply #456

Paddockoldie

That post could have been written after Martinez got binned. I want prior success at a high level so we're not a stepping stone on the  way up.

October 26, 2017, 11:13:13 PM
Reply #457

Waltzer

The reason I wouldn't want giggs is the fact he was apparently snidey behind moyes' back at United, which tells me he isn't trustworthy. Would he make a good manager? Probably but Everton isn't the place for him to cut his teeth, he needs to drop into the championship, same for Phil Neville.

I also don't get the hype around silva, too similar to Martinez for me and he will be found out by xmas time.  In the long run we need an experienced manager who knows the league to take us back to being a consistent top 8 premier league team, which we haven't been since moyes' tenure.

Dont get me wrong I dont want Giggs or Neville either, I was just trying to emphasise there is little difference between the 3 of them. If anything though Giggs has more experience than Unsworth having been Man U managers for 4 games and assistant manager under Van Gaal for ages, hes also knows what it takes to be the best.
Unsworths record with the U23s is good but hes also had previous goes at being manager, albeit temporary at Preston twice and never got offered the job on either occasion despite having been coaching there you a number of years!?

October 26, 2017, 11:13:51 PM
Reply #458

Ridge

With regard to Silva, he's called the mini Mourinho. Largely because he did his football badges in Largs in Scotland. Same place Moyes and Ferguson went, same place Unsworth did his badges. I think he actually teaches some of B badge courses.

With regard to success in German coaching, I think you have to conclude that a good education is playing a role, given how many are finding success. It's not ones with a good network or with the same mentor, they are coming from everywhere and are increasingly young. I think we have to consider that it at least gives a very good jumping off point, and there will be some big lessons ahead.

In Germany, you often have a director of football to worry about transfers and Walsh has bought a lot of potential. But Unsworth identified DCL, he gave Beni some game time, Lookman, Davies looked more determined. And actually Rooney goals aside, most of players with goals, assists and performances played in under 23s last season. I'm excited to see what he can do with younger players bought, like Sandro, Keane, Klaassen and Vlasic, who maybe need a bit of time and varying amounts of work. Vlasic for example looked ready to play, but with more to come. Others can work their way into team and could yet become very important.

We'll likely get Gueye returning to form, Jags and Williams as a reliable centre back pairing for time being. With more belief and effort, I think we'll create and get goals, but it will need to happen fast and there isn't a lot of obvious, reliable routes in the first team from the starting point. But it could change very quickly if players start scoring, we have enough talent they could start coming from a few places.

October 26, 2017, 11:15:29 PM
Reply #459

boothill

Ancelotti and mourinho are the 2 foriegners that have been a major succes, wenger to a certain degree, but look at the squads they had and inherited. The city managers were binned after a title each. This guy at watford is learnin the prem all the time, if it doesnt work out for unsy then i would go for him in the summer

October 27, 2017, 12:01:31 AM
Reply #460

Bluedylan

Ancelotti and mourinho are the 2 foriegners that have been a major succes, wenger to a certain degree, but look at the squads they had and inherited. The city managers were binned after a title each. This guy at watford is learnin the prem all the time, if it doesnt work out for unsy then i would go for him in the summer

Poch, Ranieri, Benitez. There's probably others I'm forgetting.

Name some English managers who've done really well, apart from the cloggers who keep teams up until their own fans eventually grow to despise them because they can't bear to watch horrendous football and Gareth McCauley being the top scorer at the club.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

October 27, 2017, 12:10:04 AM
Reply #461

BlueForYou

Mini-Mourinho? That's what they call Nagelsmann! West Ham eyeing him - hang in there, Slav!

Someone asked how Pep would do with our current squad - not much different, pretty grim and would still struggle to score goals

It's looking like January or bust - whoever's in charge
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

October 27, 2017, 12:12:40 AM
Reply #462

bluenuck

got my heart set on Tuchel.

Literally the first post in this thread you said "go for Silva"....

October 27, 2017, 12:14:57 AM
Reply #463

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
Literally the first post in this thread you said "go for Silva"....

Yes and my heart has changed, i dont think Silva will come now.
I have to return some videotapes.

October 27, 2017, 12:16:04 AM
Reply #464

bluenuck

Yes and my heart has changed, i dont think Silva will come now.

But the question isn't who do you think will come, it's who should we....ah whatever