Mark Hughes
Chris Coleman
Duncan Ferguson
Koeman to remain in charge
AN Other
Manuel Pellegrini
Sean Dyche
Diego Simeone

Author Topic: Who should we go for?  (Read 51455 times)

Topper and 10 Guests are viewing this topic.

October 27, 2017, 04:14:31 PM
Reply #510

Macca77

Ill put an end to this right now, Simeone won't come here.

Next.....

deCoubertin

October 27, 2017, 04:52:16 PM
Reply #511

Ramjam

Offer the deal to the Poch, look what heís done at Spurs and yes they are still bridesmaids whoíve won fuck all but he knows the league inside out, wouldnít be adverse to him bringing a couple of the Tottenham lads with him either. What you recon Bellew?
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

October 27, 2017, 06:36:52 PM
Reply #512

Hawkandro

We should offer it to Howard Kendall.

Get Moshiri to build a time-machine and go back in time 35 years. Why hasn't he done this yet?
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

October 27, 2017, 10:52:02 PM
Reply #513

blue slug

don't know if already posted but the echo have big sam saying dyche ideal for everton

October 28, 2017, 01:10:19 AM
Reply #514

bigac

don't know if already posted but the echo have big sam saying dyche ideal for everton
Its the carthorse appreciation society.

October 28, 2017, 01:16:50 AM
Reply #515

blue slug

Would definitely have unsworth over the likes of fat Sam, dyche, giggs and Neville that's for sure

October 28, 2017, 01:28:34 AM
Reply #516

ally2

We should offer it to Howard Kendall.

Get Moshiri to build a time-machine and go back in time 35 years. Why hasn't he done this yet?

No ambition obvs

October 28, 2017, 02:41:07 AM
Reply #517

Evertonian in NC

Would definitely have unsworth over the likes of fat Sam, dyche, giggs and Neville that's for sure

And twice on Sunday!

/we do play on Sunday a metric fuckton, or as you Brits would call it, a fuckton (or a bunch of stone I guess)
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

October 28, 2017, 03:14:33 AM
Reply #518

toffee_scot

For the moment, I am quite happy for the board to take quite a bit of time not just to review managerial but also to really decide what kind of direction football-wise they want the club to go. In the meantime, if Unsworth picks up some very good results and we find ourselves winning a few games then I would be happy to extend Unsworth's spell as manager.

October 28, 2017, 06:24:07 AM
Reply #519

KingOfNapaValley

Glad to see Silva and Tuchel are the top picks. Some of the other choices are lunacy.

October 28, 2017, 07:39:39 AM
Reply #520

Jamokachi

Im with Bellew on this one, lets ramp up the pressure on Moshiri to open the purse strings!!

Tony Bellew has urged Everton to "break the bank" and attempt to lure Atletico Madrid manager Diego Simeone to Goodison Park as Ronald Koeman's replacement.

Koeman was sacked by the Toffees on Monday after a dismal run of form that has seen the Merseyside club slip into the Premier League relegation zone, while qualification from the Europa League group stage looks unlikely.

Names such as Sean Dyche, Phil Neville and Ryan Giggs have been suggested to replace former Southampton boss Koeman, but Bellew has other ideas.

Boxer Bellew, a well-known Everton fan, wrote in his Metro column that the Toffees should splash out £250,000 a week on Simeone and offer the Argentinian manager a huge £300million war chest of owner Farhad Moshiri's money.

"Why not go and break the bank and get Diego Simeone? Offer him £250,000 a week and give him a £300million war chest," Bellew said. "Then letís see how serious we really are. Simeone has completed his process at Atletico Madrid.

"He needs a new project and whatís better than Everton in the Premier League? Big fan base, a team with money. Iím not too sure who is available at the moment, but Iím desperate to see what happens now.

Simeone, 47, has gained major success at Atletico during his six-year spell as manager, most notably seeing off competition from Real Madrid and Barcelona to hold aloft the 2013-14 La Liga trophy.

Two Champions League finals and a Europa League winners' medal shows just what he is capable of, but it remains to be seen if Everton can lure him to Merseyside with his contract set to expire in June 2020.

One too many knocks to the head, Bellew lad.

October 28, 2017, 03:06:45 PM
Reply #521

BlueForYou

Bellew is right - just 3-5 years too early

In the meantime, we'll just have to take a few more body blows - painful

"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

October 28, 2017, 03:31:57 PM
Reply #522

Gash

Global Moderator
Has Bellew become some sort of self appointed voice of the fans? Seems like every time something happens at the club Sky wheel him out to give his opinion.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2017, 05:26:19 PM by Gash »

October 28, 2017, 03:41:40 PM
Reply #523

BlueForYou

Thinking ahead, lining up his next job - media

"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

October 28, 2017, 03:50:12 PM
Reply #524

Toddacelli

Ive not seen 1 post promoting a british manager/coach, so im not making anything up, speaking from experience , our last 2 managers have been foriegn and its gone badly wrong. As with a host of clubs in the league. They are only as good as the squad they inherit or put together, even jose got the bullet and hes the top dog

You must have missed me suggesting Chris Hughton then. I think he's a good coach and communicator and seems to conduct himself well and with class, which we always enjoy here.

I don't think anyone took me seriously at the time, but in that article someone posted about the Sheffield United manager, Hughton was about 5th on the list in terms of win percentages.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates