Who would you like in charge?

Marco Silva
Rafa Benitez
Brendan Rodgers
Eddie Howe
Mikel Arteta
Arsene Wenger
AN Other

Author Topic: Who should we go for? POLL RESET  (Read 165713 times)

October 30, 2017, 02:02:46 AM
Read 165713 times

Goughie

We’re in such a mess I think Sam A is the only answer.
He’s an experienced PL manager and has shown a number of times he can set up a team to battle relegation.
Lets be honest he’s nit going to get us playing like Man City, but right now id take playing PL footie next season over style.
Think anybody else would be a risk right now.
We also need clever additions in Jan and sign players who can hit the ground running.
Im not the best, but im in the top 1!

October 30, 2017, 01:15:07 PM
Reply #1

Goughie

Having thought about this a bit more, after initially suggesting Allardyce, i think a decent compromise would be Manuel Pellegrini. He was fairly successful at City, is able to attract big ish names and has PL experience. He is also available at the moment so there wouldnt be any long drawn out negotiations, or compensation payments. He would however want a decent wedge per month!!

October 30, 2017, 01:55:51 PM
Reply #2

Goughie

Isnt Manuel Pellegrini on about a billion a month managing in China?

Correct!! i totally missed that 🙈.
Guess that ends my argument for having him done quickly!

November 03, 2017, 01:35:18 PM
Reply #3

Goughie

Im hoping the board have appointed a new manager by now, and will officially unveil him after the Watford game. This would give him maximum time with the squad over the international break and time before our next PL fixture.
I honestly have no idea who i want/we need/can get or anything.
Think they woukd give it to Dyche over Big Sam personality as it would look like a bit of progression as he’s young and they could blag he’s “sold on”, and “committed to the Everton project”.

November 08, 2017, 01:01:10 AM
Reply #4

Goughie

Whilst im heartened by the ambition coming from the club in claiming to want Simione...we dont half set ourselves up to be laughed at.
Lets be honest Simione is not coming to Everton at this stage in our project.
Im all for ambition and wanting to progress to the next level and improving, i think we need do thi in stages. I dont think jumping for a super coach on a massive wage whilst were really struggling will work. We need to progress to such a coach.
Admittedly i count RK in that bracket, but it didnt quite work out 👀!
Think we should consider managers in the Hiddink, Pellegrini, Tuchel(dont want him tho) category.
Id personally like Hiddink