Who would you like in charge?

Marco Silva
Rafa Benitez
Brendan Rodgers
Eddie Howe
Mikel Arteta
Arsene Wenger
AN Other

Author Topic: Who should we go for? POLL RESET  (Read 162027 times)

November 30, 2017, 02:17:29 AM
Reply #45

Ridge

I wonder if not having an agent with a pool of talented young players was deemed a major part of the issue with recruitment.

March 05, 2018, 03:10:50 AM
Reply #46

Ridge

I'm struggling to think of an assistant manager, who has become a manager and done very well. Can think of loads that have tried, most United assistants, Shakespeare etc. and some who have got better over time. But its a much bigger skillset and responsibility to be a manager.

Would be well up for having Arteta as a senior coach, assistant manager, but why would he? I don't see him as a leader, he has no experience of management. Would be madness, so seems plausible with current shambles.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 03:11:53 AM by Ridge »

March 28, 2018, 06:23:04 AM
Reply #47

Ridge

I'd expect us to be one of the most attractive jobs on offer in the summer, huge wages, resources.

In PL, possible that Conte and Wenger might leave, but no guarantee. There will be a few big jobs available on the continent, but the rest are not going to pay as much as we would.

But I still wouldn't rule out us appointing a poor choice, despite a wealth of options, we just have such a bad habit for poor recruitment.

March 29, 2018, 06:47:47 AM
Reply #48

Ridge

I think when you take into account the money we've spent, I'd fancy most of us to do a better job, from his starting position to now.

March 29, 2018, 10:39:48 PM
Reply #49

Ridge

Leicester wanted Gana before turning to Kante.