Mark Hughes
Chris Coleman
Duncan Ferguson
Koeman to remain in charge
AN Other
Manuel Pellegrini
Sean Dyche
Diego Simeone

Author Topic: Who should we go for?  (Read 53834 times)

Lincs Toffee, Gumpinio, Topper, Macca77 and 13 Guests are viewing this topic.

October 30, 2017, 03:14:17 AM
Reply #615

KoemansNumberTens

So you'll be happy with hoof ball footy then, happy with Pickford taking free kicks from inside our opponents half? Hes a horrible manager, one dimensional

I just want to win

deCoubertin

October 30, 2017, 03:16:52 AM
Reply #616

TheTone

erm, still 6 points off of 8th like

I'll still shit my kecks if we get beat next week though

October 30, 2017, 03:23:28 AM
Reply #617

bluenuck

Ever watched our home semi v Bayern Munich? 90 minutes of corners, long throw-ins and Big Nev taking free kicks. But we won and it's soon forgotten. Football supporters don't like to admit that all they want is a winning team.

Allardyce gets the best out of what's at hand and we need that more than ever at the moment.

It's sucks, it really does, but I'm starting to see that allardyce might just be what we need at this very moment.

October 30, 2017, 03:46:56 AM
Reply #618

GrantyBoy78

erm, still 6 points off of 8th like

I'll still shit my kecks if we get beat next week though
We need 30 points (10 wins) to stay up - do we look capable of getting 10 wins in 28 games?

October 30, 2017, 03:56:43 AM
Reply #619

Rhys

Foreign managers have a terrible record coming into mid-season relegation battles in the Premier League.

That could also be to do with that most coming in wouldnt necessarily be very good managers or be coming in much later in the season, with poorer squads and expectations. I know our squad has problems but there still some very good players in there performing badly.

Someone like Tuchel, and I still dont think he will want to come, is a very good manager on the shortlist of people like Bayern and Chelsea for next managers. Plus he could have say 27 games if he got the job during the international break which is plenty of time to get a team much higher up the table rather than putting someone in with 8 games to go and hoping they get to grips quickly.

October 30, 2017, 04:06:03 AM
Reply #620

everton1952

We need 30 points (10 wins) to stay up - do we look capable of getting 10 wins in 28 games?
No we don't, but 7 wins and 9 draws might be easier. I think that is realistic provided we get a manager with know how.

October 30, 2017, 04:12:26 AM
Reply #621

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
It's mad how we all thought it was bad in 11th place with Martinez.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

October 30, 2017, 04:16:36 AM
Reply #622

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber

Bit of a scary thought. Only thing that helps me be totally non despondent is that applies to the teams around us too. Equally a tough task for Swansea, Stoke, etc. We just need to stay in touch with most and hope we can fix things in January.

October 30, 2017, 04:16:55 AM
Reply #623

KoemansNumberTens

It's mad how we all thought it was bad in 11th place with Martinez.

It was spiralling. Don't think the 11th was really the problem. It was that it was getting worse and the manager was in complete denial
Least unsworth seems to know it's shit.

October 30, 2017, 04:17:57 AM
Reply #624

KoemansNumberTens

Bit of a scary thought. Only thing that helps me be totally non despondent is that applies to the teams around us too. Equally a tough task for Swansea, Stoke, etc. We just need to stay in touch with most and hope we can fix things in January.

How the fuck do we fix it though. We don't seem capable. Couldn't get a striker when we were a team on the up. We'll be shopping in a much crappier market in the new year.

October 30, 2017, 04:20:29 AM
Reply #625

everton1952

I would hate to be Bill making this decision. When he got Koeman he must have thought he would not face this dilemma again during his reign, or maybe for a very long time at least. I hope his health is up to the strain. The odd camera flash of his face recently shows a very unhappy man, just like the rest of us.

October 30, 2017, 04:23:01 AM
Reply #626

Coyb12

Sam Allardyce will be in by the weekend.

October 30, 2017, 04:23:14 AM
Reply #627

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
How the fuck do we fix it though. We don't seem capable. Couldn't get a striker when we were a team on the up. We'll be shopping in a much crappier market in the new year.

We were after a very specific striker in the summer which reduced the number of potential targets.

We’re at the point now though where anyone half decent, of any style, will be a massive upgrade.

Also, new manager can actually work on improving players like Sandro by doing some “coaching” etc.

October 30, 2017, 04:27:41 AM
Reply #628

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
It was spiralling. Don't think the 11th was really the problem. It was that it was getting worse and the manager was in complete denial
Least unsworth seems to know it's shit.

A spiralling Martinez side sounds like an improvement though.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

October 30, 2017, 04:28:10 AM
Reply #629

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
A spiralling Martinez side sounds like an improvement though.

With Lukaku in it, yes.