Who would you like in charge?

Marco Silva
Rafa Benitez
Brendan Rodgers
Eddie Howe
Mikel Arteta
Arsene Wenger
AN Other

Author Topic: Who should we go for? POLL RESET  (Read 190775 times)

November 22, 2017, 10:33:19 AM
Reply #30

bluenuck

Starting to feel it might have to be rhino.

Letís hope we do enough to stay up and make the right appointment in the summer.

Looking more and more to be the case.

I'd say as of right now it's 50-50 split between unsworth and silva.

By the way. How's married life?

November 24, 2017, 04:04:50 AM
Reply #31

bluenuck

How did we literally spend £150M and turn to shit over night?

I really hate to speculate this, but history would tell us it's the dressing room/players...

November 24, 2017, 04:07:50 AM
Reply #32

bluenuck

My logic of backing him was unsworth Woukd do this and they'd shit it

November 24, 2017, 07:03:13 AM
Reply #33

bluenuck

Sam will take us down.

The club is too big for him. He'll be massively out of his depth here.

What does this even mean?

Honestly we need to throw this thinking out the window right now. We're in massive trouble and it doesn't matter how big we are. As of right this second.

If anything we need to start acting like a club our size acts. Buying smartly, hiring smart progressive managers/coaches and back room staff. And expecting to have ups and downs. Look at Sevilla and Monaco for a reference.

Or are you joking? Lol
« Last Edit: November 24, 2017, 07:30:12 AM by bluenuck »

November 26, 2017, 05:02:49 AM
Reply #34

bluenuck

If sigurdsson is worth anywhere near £45m then the right manager is worth ten times that, the right director of football the same again.

Marriage has made you go mad!

November 26, 2017, 05:31:03 AM
Reply #35

bluenuck

Honestly I think in the near future we will see a major switch.

The idea that managers and DOF wages / signing fees are so discordant with the mental prices being paid for players...I mean, who do you think would be more likely to save everton - tarkowski or Dyche? Griezmann or Simeone?

The idea of value is being challenged, but weirdly at the same time that player prices and wages are shooting up like nobodies business.

Strange times coming for football, if youíre comparing it to why youíve seen in the past then you might be in for a shock.

In the NHL there's a salary cap. But that cap only pertains to players on your roster. Not coaching, scouts, etc.  there has been quite a large movement in expanding back room staffs and paying coaches quite a lot of money now. expanding of back room staffs includes paying analytical personnel. Landscape has changed a bit, and building a team is much different now.

November 27, 2017, 12:43:42 AM
Reply #36

bluenuck

I don't even care if it's allardyce at this point.

The longer this goes on the more positives I see to appointing him. That's how bad we are.

I truly believe something is wrong in that dressing room. Even when we score some players don't look happy.

November 27, 2017, 05:40:01 AM
Reply #37

bluenuck

Ohhh shut up you lunatic

Everton is more of a laughable thought then any average-at-best manager right now.

November 27, 2017, 05:53:00 AM
Reply #38

bluenuck

Obviously I'm at a different point then most, but Everyday that passes without us having an actual manager in charge just makes me care less and less who it's going to be.

It absolutely pains me To say this, but I'd rather have pulis than what we have right now.

the thing that pisses me off the most is Everton is making me feel this way. I want fuckin tony pulis. I hate you so much, Everton.

November 27, 2017, 09:40:40 AM
Reply #39

bluenuck

I'd think we'd all agree it's going to be someone already working, and probably already working in the PL.

To take this long it has to be the case.

and if it's the case you'd have to think dyche silva or Howe  would be the top 3 candidates because of where they are in their careers and what teams they're managing. They all seem ready, or close to, for the next step.

If they do hire one this week it will be interesting to see when they announce it. Would have to be Monday or Thursday you'd think
« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 09:42:04 AM by bluenuck »

November 27, 2017, 09:55:33 PM
Reply #40

bluenuck

What exactly are the powers that be doing about the current situation? That's what I'd like to know.

Probably figuring out who to hire...

And if they say anything then our fans will be upset about that, too.

Then our own fans will boo our players on Wednesday.

Great bunch.

November 27, 2017, 10:09:21 PM
Reply #41

bluenuck

As much as I dislike him personally... for a short-term, please-get-us-out-of-trouble appointment, Allardyce makes the most sense. An improvement in defensive organization and a commitment to scoring more from set plays (we have Sigurdsson, after all) should see us into comfortable mid-table territory. Plus, our scouting/recruitment team already has some of his preferred staff -- Steve Walsh, Martyn Glover -- so we should be able to hit the ground running when the January window opens.

I don't like it but this is where we are. Mediocrity is our ceiling until we clear out some of the deadwood hanging around the club and make an investment in the best backroom staff we can tempt here, starting from the director of football down. Things won't get significantly better until Moshiri commits to having us behave more like Atletico/Sevilla/Monaco/Dortmund behind the scenes.

I suggested all of this a couple of weeks ago.

Wonder if people have changed their minds.

November 28, 2017, 09:55:38 PM
Reply #42

bluenuck

I just want this over with so I don't have to listen to people whine about what Duncan Ferguson or robert elstone does.

I know moshiri wants the right manager, but the rot of hate he's allowed to happen in these 5 weeks may not be manageable when it's all over.

March 05, 2018, 02:41:19 AM
Reply #43

bluenuck

While we need a new coach I still think as long as a lot of these players are here and as long as Walsh and whoever scouts for us is here it will be very difficult for that new coach.

This isn't just about a coach. We could bring in pep and we'd still struggle for a couple of seasons till we fixed our dof and transfer policy.

Walsh is shit, and so are a lot of our players.

March 12, 2018, 11:39:54 AM
Reply #44

bluenuck

I can't take it anymore.

Who's the guy who voted for mark Hughes?