Mark Hughes
Chris Coleman
Duncan Ferguson
Koeman to remain in charge
AN Other
Manuel Pellegrini
Sean Dyche
Diego Simeone

Author Topic: Who should we go for?  (Read 46510 times)

October 30, 2017, 04:01:07 PM
Reply #660

BlueNoseMike

Anyone who doesn’t think this season is simply about survival, is in denial.

I'm not mate, we started plenty of seasons under moyes in similar fashion. Yes I know it's not just been the results, the performances have been bad and the squad looks disjointed. I'm still confident of a top half finish (even 7th), as long as the squad issues are addressed in January and a good manager is brought in.

Like I say, get Tuchel in, give him some breathing space (Klopp finished 8th in his first season at Liverpool) and he can have a proper go at our main aims next summer.

deCoubertin

October 30, 2017, 04:04:20 PM
Reply #661

Rhys

I'm not mate, we started plenty of seasons under moyes in similar fashion. Yes I know it's not just been the results, the performances have been bad and the squad looks disjointed. I'm still confident of a top half finish (even 7th), as long as the squad issues are addressed in January and a good manager is brought in.

Like I say, get Tuchel in, give him some breathing space (Klopp finished 8th in his first season at Liverpool) and he can have a proper go at our main aims next summer.

Southampton finished 8 on 46 points last season, I'm not seeing a team in the league outside the top 6 that I look at and think they will definitely get 50+ points this season. As daft as it may seem right now because how bad we look, it isnt impossible to get towards 50 points as you say with a good manager in, get the players back in form and rectify the problems with a couple of additions in January.

But at the moment we just need to be as solid as we can and get some results to help build the confidence of the players to stop looking as bad as we do.

October 30, 2017, 04:09:02 PM
Reply #662

BlueNoseMike

Southampton finished 8 on 46 points last season, I'm not seeing a team in the league outside the top 6 that I look at and think they will definitely get 50+ points this season. As daft as it may seem right now because how bad we look, it isnt impossible to get towards 50 points as you say with a good manager in, get the players back in form and rectify the problems with a couple of additions in January.

But at the moment we just need to be as solid as we can and get some results to help build the confidence of the players to stop looking as bad as we do.

Agreed. I understand people going into 'this season is all about survival' mode but that is a bit doom and gloomy. We will have more money to spend in Jan than most others outside the top 6 and have the potential to be ok. Ok in this league can get you 7th because the majority of the league is a bag of shite

That's why I'm not panicking, or in denial

October 30, 2017, 04:11:58 PM
Reply #663

Hawkandro

I am clinging to the hope of us only being 6 points from 8th.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

October 30, 2017, 04:16:08 PM
Reply #664

Waltzer

Agreed. I understand people going into 'this season is all about survival' mode but that is a bit doom and gloomy. We will have more money to spend in Jan than most others outside the top 6 and have the potential to be ok. Ok in this league can get you 7th because the majority of the league is a bag of shite

I think we'll be eventually be okay and think when we get someone up top our team as a whole will look much better than it currently does. I do think its a bit of damage limitation until January though as I just dont see where goals will come from? I think were averaging a goal every 120 minutes or something stupid, and I just cant see that changing. We have to keep a clean sheet if were going to win games

October 30, 2017, 04:19:36 PM
Reply #665

Rhys

Right now the focus needs to be do what we can to pick up. But based on how poor everyone outside the top 6 is, say 50 points to get top 10 or top 7 whatever that may get us, we'd need to get 42 points from 28, so need to go at 1.5 points per game over the rest of the season which isnt beyond the realms of possibility. It just feels that way because of how poorly so many players are playing, what's important to remember is this isnt the normal level of players like Schneiderlin, Sigurdsson etc they are probably playing as badly as they ever have rather than being the level they have been at for the last 5 years outside this spell.

October 30, 2017, 04:24:25 PM
Reply #666

Lxxx

Like getting promoted.

October 30, 2017, 05:46:07 PM
Reply #667

Ravardo

Id like to see any manager at the mo who can keep players in their fucking positions,, yesterday at one point rooney was where gueye shouldve been and gueye was where rooney shouldve been 2 meters from their area twats,,,failing that make the pair of them wear electric shock collars and every time one of them  go's wayward zap the fuckers

October 30, 2017, 05:56:04 PM
Reply #668

boothill

We need 30 points (10 wins) to stay up - do we look capable of getting 10 wins in 28 games?
No, not at all, which is scaring me

October 30, 2017, 07:50:50 PM
Reply #670

BlueForYou

The "Relegation Avoider"

First game after the international break - Palace, away

Big Sam, not for me - would probably bring Little Sammy/Craig Shakespeare or even Kevin Nolan with him

Could be on if we lose to Watford
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

October 30, 2017, 08:29:41 PM
Reply #671

everton1952

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11671/11105801/sam-allardyce-confirms-he-would-consider-everton-job
Remove his name for one moment from the article, (same article as in the Echo?), and everything he said was what a future manager must do to steady the ship. I would employ such a manager, based on that statement and on his past record. Unsworth should read it, but could he carry it out? There is the rub. Some are saying we are too big or too grand to take on the likes of Sam. Not this season unfortunately. Unsworth or Big Sam until the end of this season only?    I am assuming a really big name would not touch us with the proverbial bargepole at present.

October 30, 2017, 09:09:30 PM
Reply #672

Hawkandro

Allardyce until the end of the season, with a bumper pay out if we avoid relegation, ready for Ancelotti to step in.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

October 30, 2017, 09:17:21 PM
Reply #673

GrantyBoy78

Some sort of iron that this squad lacks quality and balance so we’re desperate for the next next transfer window...yet you could argue that the last thing we need are yet more players to have to come in and settle and gel!

October 30, 2017, 10:39:37 PM
Reply #674

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
People proper whoring themselves and their mates out for this job.

Barton desperately trying to get Dyche in by slagging off Unsworth any chance he gets. That Interview with Sam is a bit embarrassing, it was like a message to Moshiri "look what I can do for you"
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"