Who would you like in charge?

Marco Silva
Rafa Benitez
Brendan Rodgers
Eddie Howe
Mikel Arteta
Arsene Wenger
AN Other

Author Topic: Who should we go for? POLL RESET  (Read 167620 times)

October 31, 2017, 12:02:31 AM
Read 167620 times

penguinofdoom1878

I'm not mate, we started plenty of seasons under moyes in similar fashion. Yes I know it's not just been the results, the performances have been bad and the squad looks disjointed. I'm still confident of a top half finish (even 7th), as long as the squad issues are addressed in January and a good manager is brought in.

Like I say, get Tuchel in, give him some breathing space (Klopp finished 8th in his first season at Liverpool) and he can have a proper go at our main aims next summer.

The problem here is I dont think we are attractive enough for Tuchel, Ancelotti clearly doesnt want it with im going to wait until the end of the season comment. If Raphael Honigstein is to believed (and hes one of the better football journalists out there) Tuchel has talks with Chelsea in the summer in case Conte did one and Conte is believed to be heading back to Italy this summer.

Its becoming who wants to come to us, I can see them appointing Allardyce to the end of the season then starting again. I am not sure everyone is pulling in the same direction either, you read Moshiri wants these big names, big things, but theres always Kenwright who is old school, probably rightly being cautious and holding him in a bit. Its going to take a while to become an attractive club for the big names we'd all love and it will be a roller coaster ride, but we'll be fine this season.

As long as whoever it is we all get behind, mainly the people in the gound home and away, the telly clappers and keyboard warriors.

November 05, 2017, 01:31:08 AM
Reply #1

penguinofdoom1878

im pleased to say I dont work with West Ham fans

November 05, 2017, 03:09:32 AM
Reply #2

penguinofdoom1878

im not trawling back through all this shit, but has Diego Simeone been done again yet? 3rd in the League but very poor in the champions league, not the most thrilling attacking football played by him but excellent defensively

actually he's an Argentinian Sean Dyche isnt he

November 09, 2017, 02:57:27 AM
Reply #3

penguinofdoom1878

If we are going to get it right we need to do it soon, a short contract to Allardyce/Unsworth in hope that we get a manager with a big reputation, ie Tuchel, Ancelotti, Simeone etc... might not work out for us. There will be some big clubs sniffing around come summer, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, Chelsea, AC Milan, PSG, (possibly) Tottenham that's before international sides who have a poor world cup bin their manager.

Having said that one manager who it might be a bit soon for a Champions League club but who's contract is running out at the end of the season is Marco Giampaolo at Sampdoria. Doing really well with them, keep rebuilding the side, is able to coach players to make them better.

November 22, 2017, 03:32:24 AM
Reply #4

penguinofdoom1878

Presume he’d keep his powder dry for Bayern etc.

I think he, Naglesmann is off to Bayern at the end of the season, hence them bringing in Heynckes to the end of the season. Which is why I dont buy the Tuchel to Bayern stories because hes been available all year surely they would have brought him in after sacking Ancelotti. Tuchel is joining Chelsea, Conte will end up at PSG or (if they can sort the Chinese ownership problems out) AC Milan. Which leaves Emrey club-less.

Theres going to be a massive merry go round in the summer.

November 23, 2017, 02:22:22 AM
Reply #5

penguinofdoom1878

Someone here mentioned Jardim, as theyve bombed out of the Champions Leagues and highly unlikely to win the League title again, would he be possible?

he wants a team with resources and potential, not like Monaco who will probably lose two more of their best players in the summer.

November 23, 2017, 02:38:47 AM
Reply #6

penguinofdoom1878

Questions need to be asked as to what the fuck is going on now, its ridiculous

I am sure we can count on the local paper to ask the questions which need to be asked  ::)

March 05, 2018, 05:01:44 AM
Reply #7

penguinofdoom1878

Id be happy with Leonardo Jardim, he's been great at Monaco. Works with a young squad and manages to rebuild when his best players are sold.

March 07, 2018, 04:31:39 AM
Reply #8

penguinofdoom1878

Unai Emery looks like he is under pressure at PSG but will probably be linked with jobs like Arsenal.

Clubs possibly looking for a new manager in summer

Real Madrid
PSG
AC Milan
Tottenham
Arsenal
Chelsea
Bayern Munich
Borussia Dortmund
Everton

March 11, 2018, 03:17:17 PM
Reply #9

penguinofdoom1878

didnt his people sound us out though after Koeman was sacked, but said he wouldnt be willing to come until the summer

March 28, 2018, 03:24:20 AM
Reply #10

penguinofdoom1878

In minor defence of John Cross who wrote the article, he has very strong links with Arsenal so there could be some legs to the story.

May 18, 2018, 02:44:09 AM
Reply #11

penguinofdoom1878

It will be Silva, it was always going to be Silva, he'll be appointed around the 1st June. It might not seem a big name to us, but it reflects our standing in the football world right now. He will probably want to prove himself and could be ace.

We'll get behind him and im sure it'll be a huge step forward. Hopefully, the board, Silva and us fans will be in it for the long haul.

I'm looking forward to his appointment.

May 22, 2018, 03:00:06 AM
Reply #12

penguinofdoom1878

I would like to recast my vote to Arteta.

He will prove to be an excellent manager - so long as he has the main say about team recruitment. He has the right character and ambition for a club like ours. I've no doubt about it.

I would like to recast my vote to the fella we're actually appointing, then I can see it in bold and think yep I wanted him all along.

May 28, 2018, 04:34:52 PM
Reply #13

penguinofdoom1878

voted Silva, cause expect him to get it

But I am still flying my flag for Leonardo Jardim or José Leonardo Nunes Alves Sousa Jardim, to his mates
« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 04:37:45 PM by penguinofdoom1878 »