Who would you like in charge?

Marco Silva
Rafa Benitez
Brendan Rodgers
Eddie Howe
Mikel Arteta
Arsene Wenger
AN Other

Author Topic: Who should we go for? POLL RESET  (Read 221621 times)

November 07, 2017, 06:08:07 AM
Reply #1245

kramer0

I've no idea how good a job Walsh has done. It's there anything in Emanalo resigning at Chelsea?

Sounds like Abramovich wanted him to stay but Emanalo wanted to spend more time with his kids. I'm sure Conte is happy, anyhow.

If they need a new technical director, we've got a guy. Helped Leicester win the league. No compensation necessary.

(I'll stop now)

November 07, 2017, 06:55:09 AM
Reply #1246

Thomas

Marco Silva MAY be good but he also follows the same story of Mike Walker at Norwich. Having one good season with a similar type club, beat some good teams (Bayern) etc. He's a risk. So was Pochettino for Spurs though and that worked out well. Silva has also managed Olympiakos which although not a huge deal here, is a pressure cooker there.

I don't care what anyone says, however, I still rate Rafa Benitez as a coach as he has good tactics, wins things nearly everywhere he goes and has the respect of players and the football world. The same for Roberto Manicini.

Overall however I really want a manager who is committed to counter attacking football and 442. A Ranieri/Simeone style guy.

Tuchel to me just seems for fucking hipsters.

November 07, 2017, 09:42:44 AM
Reply #1247

GrantyBoy78

I’m worried our board are getting all star-struck again and trying up appease the fan base by going for a high-profile candidate. I make a distinction between high-profile and recently successful. We’ll end up with someone like Mancini who’s career is on the wane and has no experience of dealing with our current predicament.  Oh, and likes falling out with people.
I just don’t trust our board to deliver on this.

November 07, 2017, 11:20:36 AM
Reply #1248

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber

November 07, 2017, 02:56:09 PM
Reply #1249

Macca77

Alan Brazil reckons Moshri spoke with Watford’s chairman on Sunday saying we want to speak with Silva. 100% it happened he said.

November 07, 2017, 05:27:35 PM
Reply #1250

kramer0

I'd be banging the drum for him if we weren't such a mess behind the scenes. Can't imagine him working with the likes of Walsh or Kenwright at all, though.

On the other hand, if we wanted to burn the remnants of the current structure and start afresh...

November 07, 2017, 06:23:48 PM
Reply #1251

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I don't know much about him, but David Wagner would be an interesting appointment, purely for his close relationship to Klopp. Would make derby days a little more interesting. A different angle anyway.

We're going to get Allardyce though, aren't we?
Every storm runs out of rain. - Dr. Maya Angelou

November 07, 2017, 06:26:04 PM
Reply #1252

Hawkandro

I reckon we are just waiting for Chelsea to bin off Conte, then Mosh will strike, like a coiled Cobra.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

November 07, 2017, 06:48:32 PM
Reply #1253

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lá Everton!

November 07, 2017, 06:49:34 PM
Reply #1254

Waltzer

Now this is more like it, rather this than Dyche/Allardyce talk, even if it probably wont come off!!

Everton news: Diego Simeone is Toffees' No 1 choice as next manager - Kaveh Solhekol

EVERTON want to appoint Atletico Madrid boss Diego Simeone as their new manager, according to Sky Sports reporter Kaveh Solhekol.
Everton have been without a manager since sacking Ronald Koeman last month.

Former Toffees defender David Unsworth has taken charge of the last four matches, winning one and losing the other three.

Sam Allardyce is the bookies favourite to take over at Goodison Park but now it seems Simeone is on their shortlist.

Solhekol says it is unlikely Everton will be able to prise the Argentine away from Atletico but he is their “dream” appointment.

“Everton working hard behind the scenes to find a new manager,” Solhekol said.
“We understand they’re working on four options at the moment.

“The one that’s really, really interesting, the dream candidate we’re being told is Diego Simeone the Atletico Madrid manager.

“We understand he is the No 1 choice of Everton’s owner Farhad Moshiri, a man who has a lot of money. He’s the man who Moshiri wants.

“Of course it’s going to be very, very difficult to get Diego Simeone out of Atletico Madrid.
“A club who are unbeaten in La Liga, I think they’re fourth in the table. They’re not doing great in the Champions League at the moment, they’re in the same group as Chelsea and Roma.

“But he is Farhad Moshiri’s dream candidate. It would be very surprising to see him at Everton but Farhad Moshiri is a very rich man, he wants the best for Everton.

“He thinks that Diego Simeone would be the right man for the job.”

The three other managers Solhekol says are on Everton's shortlist are Sam Allardyce, Unsworth and Watford boss Marco Silva.

November 07, 2017, 06:52:23 PM
Reply #1256

Hawkandro

Diego Simeone

Marco Silva
Sam Allardyce
David Unsworth

That is one unbalanced shortlist.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

November 07, 2017, 06:52:55 PM
Reply #1257

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lá Everton!

November 07, 2017, 06:56:49 PM
Reply #1258

kramer0

Is that a reputable source? Oh Farhad, you dreamer.

It's fair enough to ask and it's good to want the best people but eventually, Moshiri has to have a serious re-think of how he's going to get top talent at the club. Until we have any sort of serious reputation, it's all about finding the future Simeones, Costas, Sanchezes, Girouds, etc. We lack that vision right now and that's why we always seem to end up spinning our wheels for awhile before ending up with mediocrity, whether we're looking at players or managers.

Hire someone good to find that playing/managerial talent before it's well-known. This continues to be the easiest solution to what ails us.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 06:58:16 PM by kramer0 »

November 07, 2017, 06:58:26 PM
Reply #1259

blue slug

I want whatever Moshiri's on, absolute pisser that is