Who would you like in charge?

Marco Silva
Rafa Benitez
Brendan Rodgers
Eddie Howe
Mikel Arteta
Arsene Wenger
AN Other

Author Topic: Who should we go for? POLL RESET  (Read 193939 times)

November 22, 2017, 02:53:47 PM
Reply #2070

GrantyBoy78

I am surprised Eddie Howe hasn't been mentioned more often.

Mind you I was not willing to read through 130+ pages to find out.
He has been mentioned. I think there are general questions around his ambition and whether he’d have success at other clubs. Apparently he was home-sick when manager at Burnley and never settled, although I think there were personal circumstances (his Mum was ill if I remember - funny the footy related shit your remember, hey?!) He seems comfortable managing ‘his’ club (I know he was a boyhood Evertonian but he’s been associated with Bournemouth in some capacity for 20 years) and fair play to him; he’s earning millions and is workshopped down there. Could well just keep his nose clean m for a few more years and get the England job.

November 22, 2017, 04:37:11 PM
Reply #2071

Macca77

Its been over a month since we binned Koeman and we're still no closer to appointing his replacement, what an absolute farce this is

Everton that.

November 22, 2017, 04:45:53 PM
Reply #2072

Waltzer

Its been over a month since we binned Koeman and we're still no closer to appointing his replacement, what an absolute farce this is

Everton that.

I agree, I never wanted Koeman to go as I dont believe he was the main issue, but this is becoming farcical. Im all for making sure we get the right person, however, in what other multi million pound industry would anyone sack someone without sounding out potential replacements? I am starting to worry about the direction in which we are going as there appears to be no cohesive plan on the pitch. Unsworth hasnt ever been a consideration for Moshiri imo so why sack Koeman before you at least have something in the pipeline?
People can say you wouldnt expect to sack a manager after 9/10 games, but its irrelevant, you should have back ups for most eventualities in any business, especially one where the thought of failure (relegation) would ruin us.

November 22, 2017, 06:11:28 PM
Reply #2073

Hawkandro

...but we have a replacement lined up! It's just that his club steadfast refuse to release him, and even if he resigned we couldn't sign him as he would be on Gardening Leave, but he does want to come, honestly. That's as good as having a new manager, right?

Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

November 22, 2017, 07:04:13 PM
Reply #2074

Hesmenos

Can't we just ask Koeman to come back?
We can tell him that we didn't mean to fire him, we just thought he'd appreciate a nice mid-season holiday.

November 22, 2017, 07:16:20 PM
Reply #2075

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Can't we just ask Koeman to come back?
We can tell him that we didn't mean to fire him, we just thought he'd appreciate a nice mid-season holiday.

Great idea, there's even a very recent precedent for this, we said to him if you ever want to manage a football club then you have to leave Everton". Then you wait a while then bring him back and he's brilliant ! Sound familiar ?

November 22, 2017, 07:19:54 PM
Reply #2076

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Mates just text me to tell me he's heard Van gaal is it at ff now.

Its bollocks but fucking hell, imagine that helmet in charge
Simply simply lovely

November 22, 2017, 07:20:50 PM
Reply #2077

Macca77

He said he wasn't interested didn't he? Will only go to a top 4 club

November 22, 2017, 07:27:27 PM
Reply #2078

kramer0

Yeah, all of the van Gaal stuff is nonsense. He even ruled himself out yesterday.

With that said... short-term, I think it could work. His teams are well-drilled in defense but with an actual plan for keeping the ball. The football would probably be boring, as his recent teams have taken few risks, but I think we'd get enough results to finish upper mid-table. He works with young players, too.

Long-term, he's a poor man manager who falls out with pretty much everyone. You wouldn't want him for more than a year, maybe two at a push.

November 22, 2017, 07:44:52 PM
Reply #2079

Waltzer

Dunno if I'm having this....

Shocking revelation in Everton’s pursuit of Diego Simeone

By Scott Morrison Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Unexpected twist

It was reported last week that Diego Simeone was attracting interest from Everton to fill their managerial void but there’s been shocking new development.

The Argentinian manager revealed this week that he will be staying with Atletico Madrid for the foreseeable future but that might not be true.

That is because one employee of the Liverpool Echo has revealed on Twitter that it was actually Simeone’s team that approached Everton about the job.

So while Simeone remains as Atletico boss for now, his future is less than certain if he has his team looking at potential jobs.

That will come as a huge surprise to the footballing world who couldn’t believe that Everton were even trying their luck with a move for the Argentine.

November 22, 2017, 07:57:38 PM
Reply #2080

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Dunno if I'm having this....

Shocking revelation in Everton’s pursuit of Diego Simeone

By Scott Morrison Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Unexpected twist

It was reported last week that Diego Simeone was attracting interest from Everton to fill their managerial void but there’s been shocking new development.

The Argentinian manager revealed this week that he will be staying with Atletico Madrid for the foreseeable future but that might not be true.

That is because one employee of the Liverpool Echo has revealed on Twitter that it was actually Simeone’s team that approached Everton about the job.

So while Simeone remains as Atletico boss for now, his future is less than certain if he has his team looking at potential jobs.

That will come as a huge surprise to the footballing world who couldn’t believe that Everton were even trying their luck with a move for the Argentine.

Who is Scott Morrison ?

November 22, 2017, 07:59:56 PM
Reply #2081

Waltzer

November 22, 2017, 08:03:36 PM
Reply #2082

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
No idea

https://www.101greatgoals.com/news/shocking-revelation-evertons-pursuit-diego-simeone/

So just some random that writes shit but probably enough to generate another 50 pages about Simeon's on here.

November 22, 2017, 08:22:39 PM
Reply #2083

Waltzer

So just some random that writes shit but probably enough to generate another 50 pages about Simeon's on here.
Probably not far off the mark

November 22, 2017, 08:40:29 PM
Reply #2084

Rodenplav64

Loving the people who think we shouldn't have sacked Koeman .