Who would you like in charge?

Marco Silva
Rafa Benitez
Brendan Rodgers
Eddie Howe
Mikel Arteta
Arsene Wenger
AN Other

Author Topic: Who should we go for? POLL RESET  (Read 197721 times)

November 23, 2017, 07:45:59 PM
Reply #2175

ally2

It's not necessarily incompetence even though it might seem so. Like any deal there comes a point where you have to walk away, but when is that time?  It's all very well thinking that you should walk away and move on to the next target, but what if there aren't many other targets available?  Or what if it transpired that you were really close but walked away when another million would have sealed it?  Especially if it's someone you really want. The same is true for transfer targets. I sometimes think that fans believed there is some make believe world out there where everyone behaves and does what you expect to do because that's what you want. Things don't work like that. It's not necessarily indecisiveness. Or 'weak management'.  Or naivity. It's business.

November 23, 2017, 08:10:36 PM
Reply #2176

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Simply simply lovely

November 23, 2017, 09:20:44 PM
Reply #2177

kramer0

Plan A: Take some of that compensation money and make an offer for Favre.

Plan B: Save the compensation money and give Walsh what he wants -- Allardyce/Shakespeare. Then use the money to sack them all, especially Walsh, when we're still a boring mid-table side in 1.5 seasons (or however long it takes to figure this out). Then hire an actual good director of football and build something that actually works.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 09:45:17 PM by kramer0 »

November 23, 2017, 09:25:51 PM
Reply #2178

everton1952

Shades of the chase after Giroud? No plan B or maybe no plan at all.  Would not be surprised if Bill retires under the strain, or he and Mosh agree to go their own ways and we stay with Bill and resume our normal role of star gazing.

November 23, 2017, 09:49:02 PM
Reply #2179

Evertonian in NC

Plan A: Take some of that compensation money and make an offer for Favre.

Plan B: Save the compensation money and give Walsh what he wants -- Allardyce/Shakespeare. Then use the money to sack them all, especially Walsh, when we're still a boring mid-table side in 1.5 seasons (or however long it takes to figure this out). Then hire an actual good director of football and build something that actually works.

I'm ok with Plan A, but Plan B makes me want to kill myself, so I'd stick with Unsy instead and ride it out until summer.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

November 23, 2017, 09:57:29 PM
Reply #2180

kramer0

I'm ok with Plan A, but Plan B makes me want to kill myself, so I'd stick with Unsy instead and ride it out until summer.

Yes, but that doesnít solve our Steve Walsh problem.

November 23, 2017, 10:05:41 PM
Reply #2181

KoemansNumberTens

It's not necessarily incompetence even though it might seem so. Like any deal there comes a point where you have to walk away, but when is that time?  It's all very well thinking that you should walk away and move on to the next target, but what if there aren't many other targets available?  Or what if it transpired that you were really close but walked away when another million would have sealed it?  Especially if it's someone you really want. The same is true for transfer targets. I sometimes think that fans believed there is some make believe world out there where everyone behaves and does what you expect to do because that's what you want. Things don't work like that. It's not necessarily indecisiveness. Or 'weak management'.  Or naivity. It's business.

I don't think we understand there comes a point when you walk away. Giroud, Sigurdsson, Wiesel. I think we just keep coming wasting more and more time getting less and less value until they walk away

November 23, 2017, 10:11:37 PM
Reply #2182

KoemansNumberTens

Yeah fuck it. Let's roll the relegation dice. Be nothing if not exciting

I just don't think people understand how much trouble we are in.

November 23, 2017, 10:12:26 PM
Reply #2183

Evertonian in NC

Yes, but that doesnít solve our Steve Walsh problem.

I think we still just clean house and start over this summer (hopefully).
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

November 23, 2017, 10:17:29 PM
Reply #2184

Evertonian in NC

I don't think we understand there comes a point when you walk away. Giroud, Sigurdsson, Wiesel. I think we just keep coming wasting more and more time getting less and less value until they walk away

No, you give Unsworth Coleman, Bolasie, and Barkley (and stop undermining his authority, especially with the senior players already disinclined towards him) and he'll safely get us clear.  Bring in a stopgap striker and decent defender in January.  I highly doubt we will finish better than 10th-12th, but that's still a far sight better than selling our soul, gutting our youth foundation, or throwing more good money after bad.

Use the rest of the money available to make Walsh go away and get the best new team possible.  After all the bad press, no question we will have to overpay.

November 23, 2017, 10:29:59 PM
Reply #2185

Hawkandro

Surprised Oscar Garcia's name hasn't come up yet.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

November 23, 2017, 10:52:36 PM
Reply #2186

KoemansNumberTens

I actually still don't mind Walsh. Are we blaming him for the type of players koeman wanted, the players it appears koeman insisted upon or just the fact that moshiri, koeman and kenwright seem to want to do the job for him and do it badly

November 23, 2017, 10:55:32 PM
Reply #2187

Evertonian in NC

I actually still don't mind Walsh. Are we blaming him for the type of players koeman wanted, the players it appears koeman insisted upon or just the fact that moshiri, koeman and kenwright seem to want to do the job for him and do it badly

I blame him for not addressing LB, and for being so thin at CB.  Can't blame that on Koeman.  And then in the aftermath of Koeman, for trying to bring in his "buddies."  Fuck that shit.

November 23, 2017, 11:11:51 PM
Reply #2188

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
I blame him for not addressing LB, and for being so thin at CB.  Can't blame that on Koeman.  And then in the aftermath of Koeman, for trying to bring in his "buddies."  Fuck that shit.

Itís hard to know about the summer, but there is certainly enough blame to go around.

However, if itís true heís trying to bring in that combo of coach and manager it definitely underlines a very small scope to his thought process in this situation, which is not a good trait in that role.

November 23, 2017, 11:16:53 PM
Reply #2189

plumber

No, you give Unsworth Coleman, Bolasie, and Barkley (and stop undermining his authority, especially with the senior players already disinclined towards him) and he'll safely get us clear.  Bring in a stopgap striker and decent defender in January.  I highly doubt we will finish better than 10th-12th, but that's still a far sight better than selling our soul, gutting our youth foundation, or throwing more good money after bad.

Use the rest of the money available to make Walsh go away and get the best new team possible.  After all the bad press, no question we will have to overpay.

What the fuck is our soul? We are a professional football club, just like others.

No, when you think of it and see the mess we are in, we are probably not. :-\