Who would you like in charge?

Marco Silva
Rafa Benitez
Brendan Rodgers
Eddie Howe
Mikel Arteta
Arsene Wenger
AN Other

Author Topic: Who should we go for? POLL RESET  (Read 197149 times)

November 24, 2017, 04:58:39 PM
Reply #15

Cereal Killer

Shortlist is Rafa, Brenda and Pulis, not necessarily in that order so I believe. Would not mind Rafa to sort the football out backed by Pulis with the big stick to beat the slackers with.

lolol that shortlist is based on what?

Why not

Unsworth
Dyche
Silva

November 27, 2017, 02:11:48 PM
Reply #16

Cereal Killer

Agree but at least he is not corrupt... Then Again having us linked with O'Neill the way he cleared didnt respect our Club during the McCarthy-gate makes me wonder if  all the rumours are to be belived...  Something is rotten in the state of Denmark to qoute Shakespeare

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/nov/28/tony-pulis-crystal-palace-appeal

Is there an acceptable level of corruption we're aiming for now? Happy times

November 27, 2017, 04:59:09 PM
Reply #17

Cereal Killer

Heimir Hallgrímsson

November 27, 2017, 05:27:57 PM
Reply #18

Cereal Killer

He's probably eating in China selling his football 'knowledge'

Fixed

November 27, 2017, 08:10:31 PM
Reply #19

Cereal Killer

What exactly are the powers that be doing about the current situation? That's what I'd like to know.

Rummaging through the bins looking for Dyche's number that they chucked away a month ago

November 28, 2017, 05:33:38 PM
Reply #20

Cereal Killer

cant believe i am saying this, but....
the way this DISASTER has been handled, and with the names being bandied about, right now, I would drive to East London myself to pick Moysie up and bring him back
Cos what we have now, its a DISASTER!

Give your head a shake, Moyes isn't the answer

March 05, 2018, 01:40:19 PM
Reply #21

Cereal Killer

It's a World Cup year, sure there'll be plenty of international offers for Wenger come the summer

March 05, 2018, 07:02:40 PM
Reply #22

Cereal Killer

so many links in todays press...

I dont know if i like him, but i love his style of play also the name we desperately need, could attract countless players that we have no chance of right now..

To be honest, I think it was 18 consecutive Champions League seasons that attracted players to Arsenal, not just Wenger.

Why would top players want to join mid-table Everton with no European football just because the (declining) manager used to have his team in the CL every year?

March 05, 2018, 11:07:54 PM
Reply #23

Cereal Killer

I dont want anyone who's been in the prem previously. I cant think of one manager other than Poch that has moved to another prem club and done well in recent history. Its time we use the scouting network/DoF because our current method of 'prem proven' with both managers and players has been a shambles and a very expensive one, that war chest is going to dry up eventually if things dont change

I'm pretty sure using our DoF would throw up Pardew, Redknapp and Warnock  :whistle:

March 07, 2018, 03:47:41 PM
Reply #24

Cereal Killer

Clubs possibly looking for a new manager in summer

Real Madrid - Pochettino
PSG - Zidane
AC Milan - Conte
Tottenham - Blanc
Arsenal - Low
Chelsea - Simeone
Bayern Munich - Tuchel
Borussia Dortmund - Nagelsmann
Everton - Pardew / Fonseca

May 19, 2018, 05:04:32 PM
Reply #25

Cereal Killer

What the flaming fuck?

Gone from slightly annoying rhyming/jokey posts to full retard?! Never go full retard, just ask Realist

May 22, 2018, 03:22:21 AM
Reply #26

Cereal Killer

Since AVB is in the betting all of a sudden how do people feel about that one. I think that's an exciting prospect in theory and he's done it a higher level than Silva.  Similar reservations about flightiness though

Swerve. He's not that good, he's a Mourinho-light, and he built a pretty shit Spurs team from all the Bale money

Don't think he's the main for a rebuilding job

May 22, 2018, 04:52:18 AM
Reply #27

Cereal Killer

Surely we should get Phil Neville in!?! Before some other club beats us to him.....

Ex-Everton player
International management experience
Played under the best manager in Premier League history

No?

Hello?

Anyone?

I'm sorry.....

May 22, 2018, 05:08:03 PM
Reply #28

Cereal Killer

I really think we’ve missed a trick by not going for Arteta.

I don’t think Silva is the type of manager to stay somewhere. I think he’ll be short-term good but long term I can’t see him doing it.

Arteta is young and by all accounts hungry and well thought of. I would love to see him take us over and stay for a good 5 years at least.

Id love to see us realise that the only way to compete is to use our advantages. That is our youth system. I’d love to see a manger take over and give youth a chance. Bed in youngsters. Develop them. It might be slow progress but it would be progress

Silva is short term? But a young, hungry Arteta will want to stay years?

Sorry I don't get that arguement.... if Arsenal come for Arteta next year, he'd be off like a shot....

Anyway, neither of them really jump out for various reasons

May 28, 2018, 05:04:18 PM
Reply #29

Cereal Killer

Saturday night made me love football again, however reading that inspirational list of managerial options has dampened things slightly....