Who would you like in charge?

Marco Silva
Rafa Benitez
Brendan Rodgers
Eddie Howe
Mikel Arteta
Arsene Wenger
AN Other

Author Topic: Who should we go for? POLL RESET  (Read 197102 times)

March 29, 2018, 04:07:15 AM
Reply #75

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
There’s been talk of a ‘sideways move’ for Walsh that I’m not entirely against.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

May 19, 2018, 08:56:44 PM
Reply #76

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Originally from the Latin, meaning forest or wood.

Is right he’s our kid then is he, go on woodsy
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

May 19, 2018, 11:31:10 PM
Reply #77

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
One thing I’d say as well - fans wouldn’t have allowed Sam to stay, but Walsh could have potentially got away with it.

Clearly moshiri felt his position was untenable, and is not JUST reacting to fan pressure (which would be a worry).

May 20, 2018, 02:07:33 AM
Reply #78

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I’d be up for arteta to be honest.

May 20, 2018, 04:57:59 AM
Reply #79

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Silva to be announced early next week according to the Mail.

Oh, and there are ‘talks of Kenwright stepping down and being replaced by Alisher Usmanov’...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5748945/Everton-turn-Marco-Silva-ready-hand-reins-former-Watford-boss.html

May 20, 2018, 05:45:15 AM
Reply #80

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Even though I'm cautiously optimistic about Silva I have a recurring nightmare that he's a disaster and we reappoint SA. There, I've said it.

Hahaha genuinely what do we do next year if we wobble again? ...Pulis?

May 22, 2018, 01:44:49 AM
Reply #81

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Sarri available and talking to Zenit.

I know they have CL, but like, worth asking the question imo

May 22, 2018, 03:21:02 AM
Reply #82

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I wanted AVB before Sam, but yeah he deffo isn’t that arsed about footy.

May 22, 2018, 06:21:12 AM
Reply #83

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Imo if pep says the mans going to be a good manager and he is a good number 2 then frankly it’s worth a squirt.

The upside is you get the next pep. The downside is he flops. I don’t mind taking a risk tbh. The fact he’s an ex player and a cool continental guy probably does make it more attractive to me, you’re a liar if you think it doesn’t to you.

Emery...dunno you know. A few people were decidedly unhappy with him at PSG. Did very well at Sevilla like but - don’t think another top club would have touched him. Would have been worth a go obviously because he’d be better than koeman et al. But I can deffo still get behind the silva train.

May 22, 2018, 01:35:52 PM
Reply #84

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah - I meant identifying 'the type' of player needed, and then agreeing with the signings - not personally spending time seeking them out.

Yeah but - there’s no evidence of that either? Just seems strange, like saying ‘I want arteta, especially if he’s allowed to play 4321...

Like ya dunno what he’s going to be like recruitment wise so why does it even factor in?

May 22, 2018, 01:56:03 PM
Reply #85

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
This is the thing that really fucks me off.
The Fat Cunt and Moyes were both released by their clubs on the same day.
The dogs on the street know Silva is coming to us.
West Ham were linked with many, but no one in particular, yet they announce Pelligrini as manager this morning.
Arsenal, also linked with a few, Arteta in particular, but about to announce Emery later.

We are linked with one guy, one fucking guy, who we've been in discussions with for ages, yet we fuck about and pussy foot and drag it out. We did the same with Martinez, and Koeman, and even signing Sig.

We have two gears, dead slow and stop. Any wonder it takes up ages to get a ball up the pitch.

It’s been fairly well publicised that there are some potentially litigious-type movements in the background, both from Watford and from us. Claims and counter claims. That sort of thing can drag on, I expect it to be sealed this week, maybe a day or so after the mighty West Ham have managed to tempt the half-retired pellegrini.