Who would you like in charge?

Marco Silva
Rafa Benitez
Brendan Rodgers
Eddie Howe
Mikel Arteta
Arsene Wenger
AN Other

Author Topic: Who should we go for? POLL RESET  (Read 193776 times)

May 14, 2018, 07:09:46 PM
Reply #3345

Lxxx

The book quote has been taken way to literally...

I don’t think anyone seriously believed him when he said it, it’s just a stick to beat Moshiri with and highlights his tendency to embarrass himself when he opens his mouth.

May 14, 2018, 07:15:13 PM
Reply #3346

Rodenplav64

The book quote has been taken way to literally...

I wasn't for one minute seriously implying he accepted it as Sams CV . What ever happened to the acceptance if not appreciation of obvious sarcasm ? Maybe my point should have been who was the last Manager who didn't talk himself up or espouse his own philosophy ? Silva achieved the same as Carvalho at Swansea with Hull and it will remain an unknown what he would have achieved with Watford . The football was OK but he is not good enough for us and the expectation that goes with us . That said he is a step up on Allardyce for at least trying attacking football .

May 15, 2018, 02:30:09 AM
Reply #3347

BlueForYou

Brendan Rodgers will return to England, if not with a Premier League club, then with the team he supported as a boy, Sheffield Wednesday - he'll do well

Heimir Hallgrimsson - the choice of wisdom, but wisdom is deep rooted and difficult to pull

We won't go for either, instead, probably try a Silva lining
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

May 15, 2018, 02:33:34 AM
Reply #3348

Topper

Poll needs to be reset like

Ill reset it as soon as Fatman gets the boot and add a few names to it

May 15, 2018, 03:33:04 AM
Reply #3349

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
If it wasn't for the Liverpool connection I think Rodgers would be the front runner.

Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

May 15, 2018, 03:38:58 AM
Reply #3350

BlueForYou

A snag for some fans

Arsenal calling
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

May 15, 2018, 03:43:32 AM
Reply #3351

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
I'd be a bit gutted if West Ham got Fonseca and we got Silva.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

May 15, 2018, 04:55:58 AM
Reply #3352

dunkster

I'd be a bit gutted if West Ham got Fonseca and we got Silva.

Me too
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

May 16, 2018, 07:11:37 PM
Reply #3353

Topper

Right seeing its now official he is away, put some names down you want included and I'll reset the poll and update the names for a bit of fun to find out everyone's opinions.

May 16, 2018, 07:18:09 PM
Reply #3354

Alanvideo

Right seeing its now official he is away, put some names down you want included and I'll reset the poll and update the names for a bit of fun to find out everyone's opinions.
.............Fonseca ,Silva ,Benitez ,Rodgers ,Wenger ,Moyes ,Dyche ,Martinez ( just a bit of fun you said )
We are special ,we are Everton.

May 16, 2018, 07:55:49 PM
Reply #3355

kramer0

As far as unattached managers go, Silva, Emery, and Hasenhüttl would all be fine choices.

Fonseca and Gasperini are both good, attainable options as well.

The best choice is whoever is going to work best with Brands and our recruitment team. The strength of that relationship is key if we're going to have any sort of success moving forward.

May 16, 2018, 07:56:50 PM
Reply #3356

Evertonian in NC

Brendan Rogers still makes me want to vomit, FWIW.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

May 16, 2018, 10:04:57 PM
Reply #3357

Heisenberg

I'd go for;
Foncesca
Emery
Silva

In that order. We haven't got the bottle to sign players or managers who aren't "prem proven" though. A method that has worked ever so brilliantly for us in recent years.

That being said I wouldn't be gutted with Silva. I just think the other two would be more ambitious appointments and a step in the right direction.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 10:07:31 PM by Heisenberg »

May 17, 2018, 03:05:19 AM
Reply #3358

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

May 17, 2018, 03:09:01 AM
Reply #3359

sam of the south

Arrest please

What have you done wrong, Doc?

Have you killed again? 😳
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them