Who would you like in charge?

Marco Silva
Rafa Benitez
Brendan Rodgers
Eddie Howe
Mikel Arteta
Arsene Wenger
AN Other

Author Topic: Who should we go for? POLL RESET  (Read 197172 times)

May 18, 2018, 01:59:57 AM
Reply #3390

Redartin

Surprising how few votes Silva is getting seeing the majority wanted him to take over from Koeman.  I suppose getting sacked doesn't help
At that time Silva against Pulis, Pardew, Moyes, Alderdyce etc was a no brainier, but against the bigger selection available to us now he may not look quite as attractive. But as @TheRam says I think the Silva deal is done.

May 18, 2018, 02:00:03 AM
Reply #3391

velimski

I thought one of the main reasons for appointing Brands was so that he could advise on who the next manager should be.

I'll be a little underwhelmed if his suggestion is "get the guy who you tried to get 7 months ago".

May 18, 2018, 02:00:44 AM
Reply #3392

Blue Lagoon

NSNO Subscriber
Went for Emery
But Iíd be very happy with Howe.

Fuck it anyone would be a massive improvement !!
(Zoolander)

May 18, 2018, 02:06:45 AM
Reply #3393

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
The candidates this time round at least seem viable improvements and there's no really terrible fit. Be happy with most of the candidates really.

May 18, 2018, 02:15:32 AM
Reply #3394

BlueForYou

Art for Art's sake - Arteta

"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

May 18, 2018, 02:44:09 AM
Reply #3395

penguinofdoom1878

It will be Silva, it was always going to be Silva, he'll be appointed around the 1st June. It might not seem a big name to us, but it reflects our standing in the football world right now. He will probably want to prove himself and could be ace.

We'll get behind him and im sure it'll be a huge step forward. Hopefully, the board, Silva and us fans will be in it for the long haul.

I'm looking forward to his appointment.

May 18, 2018, 02:46:12 AM
Reply #3396

blue slug

I canít see beyond it being silva and I think him and brands have known they were coming in for a few weeks

May 18, 2018, 02:48:20 AM
Reply #3397

Blue Lagoon

NSNO Subscriber
If it is silva Iím fine with it.
Heíll have a much better squad than heís had before by the end of the summer - so Iíd see how m doing well
(Zoolander)

May 18, 2018, 02:50:08 AM
Reply #3398

blue slug

Yeah a brands and silva combination would reinstate my faith in humanity

May 18, 2018, 03:07:55 AM
Reply #3399

Topper

Whoever gets the job will have to be given a warchest to bring their own players in as well as making the current bunch learn how to defend, pass and shoot the ball in between those two sticks.

May 18, 2018, 03:13:41 AM
Reply #3400

Waltzer

Whoever gets the job will have to be given a warchest to bring their own players in as well as making the current bunch learn how to defend, pass and shoot the ball in between those two sticks.
The 100 million touted wouldn't even touch the sides,  we'd need miles more.  Left back,  centre back,  holding midfielder, left wing,  top centre forward as a minimum.  Plus we'd probably need a fair chunk to get rid of a large amount of the s**t in the squad

May 18, 2018, 03:16:39 AM
Reply #3401

blue slug

The 100 million touted wouldn't even touch the sides,  we'd need miles more.  Left back,  centre back,  holding midfielder, left wing,  top centre forward as a minimum.  Plus we'd probably need a fair chunk to get rid of a large amount of the s**t in the squad

We need to spend 200m to get back to where we were under Walter Smith

May 18, 2018, 03:36:22 AM
Reply #3402

Topper

Well there is Fonseca out of the picture (if he was ever in it) - just signed a new deal at Shakhtar

May 18, 2018, 03:36:32 AM
Reply #3403

Shogun

Administrator
The candidates this time round at least seem viable improvements and there's no really terrible fit. Be happy with most of the candidates really.

Probably more down to lowered expectations isnít it.

Not going to be hard to be more popular than Allardyce

May 18, 2018, 03:52:09 AM
Reply #3404

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber

Nah, wish people would stop saying this.

We've got a director of football in now to use whatever money we have Wisely.

We should be able to compete with a budget of 100mil. Plenty of great value to be had on the continent, hence the appointment of Brands.

Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown