Who would you like in charge?

Marco Silva
Rafa Benitez
Brendan Rodgers
Eddie Howe
Mikel Arteta
Arsene Wenger
AN Other

Author Topic: Who should we go for? POLL RESET  (Read 153905 times)

May 18, 2018, 04:11:21 AM
Reply #3405

Makis

Some players will be shifted which should generate some money. And I hope Brands doesn't automatically assume that he has to pay 25 million for a player to be any good, i.e. I hope he can find useful players for less.

May 18, 2018, 04:20:26 PM
Reply #3406

gizzblue

Some players will be shifted which should generate some money. And I hope Brands doesn't automatically assume that he has to pay 25 million for a player to be any good, i.e. I hope he can find useful players for less.

Quite the opposite Brands has a history of but low sell high ...so you need not worry about this .👍

May 18, 2018, 05:32:57 PM
Reply #3407

blue1948

I see Fonseca has resigned in Russia ,I cannot believe it "I want people to like me " he said ,fuck we would have for at least a week !

May 18, 2018, 06:08:36 PM
Reply #3408

WeimaranerBlues

I see Fonseca has resigned in Russia ,I cannot believe it "I want people to like me " he said ,fuck we would have for at least a week !

if i had not already knew that he had signed a new deal to stay ----i read that a RESIGNED   

fuck him,  not tgot the balls to take a challenge and stay in a cushy job     ----ok he has CL  footy    but its not the about CL football   ,   surely you want to test your self against the best
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 06:11:35 PM by WeimaranerBlues »

May 18, 2018, 11:42:04 PM
Reply #3409

KoemansNumberTens

We need to spend 200m to get back to where we were under Walter Smith

All on centre halves too

May 19, 2018, 12:22:36 AM
Reply #3410

BlueNoseMike

The romantic in me is a bit gutted Arteta looks set to be joining Arsenal. Highly rated coach, even whilst doing his badges, and in my alternative universe he carries on our long history of trophy winning managers that are ex players (great players to boot)

My head says it would be mental. Emery would have been perfect with Monchi 2 years ago

Was set on Fonseca, undecided on Silva. Next season could go either way

May 19, 2018, 12:37:00 AM
Reply #3411

BlueForYou

If ever there's a time to hand someone their first managerial job, it's now and it's Arteta

Disappointed that he won't get it, more disappointed that he probably won't even be considered

Not romantic, not mental - obvious and logical

Just make him an offer

« Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 12:39:02 AM by BlueForYou »
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

May 19, 2018, 12:41:53 AM
Reply #3412

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
I'm obviously missing something with Arteta he's a former great player with very limited coaching experience. What makes him worth the punt over a qualified candidate?

May 19, 2018, 12:44:17 AM
Reply #3413

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
I'm obviously missing something with Arteta he's a former great player with very limited coaching experience. What makes him worth the punt over a qualified candidate?

Yeah not getting it myself.
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

May 19, 2018, 12:45:16 AM
Reply #3414

KoemansNumberTens

If ever there's a time to hand someone their first managerial job, it's now and it's Arteta

Disappointed that he won't get it, more disappointed that he probably won't even be considered

Just make him an offer

Go on. Explain why itís obvious and logical.

May 19, 2018, 12:45:32 AM
Reply #3415

plowman2

Still my first choice. Would hate it if he went to anyone else in the prem.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/44167796
He's been devastingly underwhelming at goodison and seems to have developed a belief he can run straight through solid objects.
(Sunderland fan's fume at possible signing of McGeady on loan)

May 19, 2018, 12:46:13 AM
Reply #3416

Ross

Just make him an offer

Given the previous two managerial failures, the money weíve previously spent, the precarious stadium situation and our lack of silverware for 27 years, now really isnít the time to gamble on an unproven, untried shot in the dark. 
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

May 19, 2018, 12:46:48 AM
Reply #3417

BlueForYou

Reverse the question:

How do you determine a qualified candidate?

How does someone become a qualified candidate?

How would you define Martinez, Koeman and Allardyce? Qualified candidates?
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

May 19, 2018, 12:48:21 AM
Reply #3418

BlueForYou

Obvious and logical? You tell me

Harry Catterick

May 19, 2018, 12:56:23 AM
Reply #3419

BlueForYou

Which club did Guardiola first manage?

Did that club take a punt on him?

Was it successful?

Harry Catterick