Who would you like in charge?

Marco Silva
Rafa Benitez
Brendan Rodgers
Eddie Howe
Mikel Arteta
Arsene Wenger
AN Other

Author Topic: Who should we go for? POLL RESET  (Read 194342 times)

May 19, 2018, 02:19:27 PM
Reply #3495

Alanvideo

From The Times.........

<<< Watford’s increasingly acrimonious dispute with Everton over Marco Silva could go to a Premier League arbitration panel. The Goodison Park club are refusing to pay compensation to their Premier League rivals and have accused them of having made an illegal approach to the Portuguese coach when he was manager of Hull City last year.
Everton claim to have evidence that Watford sent Silva a draft contract to become their manager when he was still working for Hull, which, if proven, could be a breach of Premier League rules. Watford contend that there was a release clause in Silva’s contract at Hull allowing him to speak to other clubs following their relegation to the Championship last season so are confident of their position.
Watford made a formal complaint to the Premier League last month about Everton’s approach for Silva in November, which they claim destabilised their season and ironically led to his sacking two months later.
At the instigation of the Premier League, the two clubs met for mediation last month, with Everton offering to pay Watford £1 million in compensation, which was rejected. Everton have since withdrawn that offer and have accused Watford of attempting to distract from the fact that, in a separate dispute, the club have yet to pay compensation to Silva, who was sacked with 18 months left on his contract.
Watford’s position is that Silva’s negotiations with Everton constituted a breach of contract.
If the two clubs fail to reach a negotiated settlement, the only recourse for Watford would be to apply to the Premier League to facilitate a formal arbitration process, which would be legally binding. Both clubs would be permitted to nominate an independent legal expert, with the Premier League appointing a QC to chair the three-person panel.  >>>
We are special ,we are Everton.

May 19, 2018, 02:36:13 PM
Reply #3496

Bluedylan

Arsenal to get Arteta

Everton to get Silva

Tells us more about Silva than Arteta

Who will get the better deal, Arsenal or Everton? Work it out

Again, we cannot see the wood for the trees - unbelievable

Very odd. Why have you decided Arsenal are getting the better deal, arbitrarily? Arsenal are taking a massive risk, at a time when they have a real opportunity to revitalise the club, and could attract some of the world's best managers.

Marco Silva is a manager. Mikel Arteta is a coach who will be trying his hand at management, dealing with a very big, rich, turbulent club with deeply unhappy fans.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

May 19, 2018, 02:41:04 PM
Reply #3497

BlueForYou

Good for Arsenal, good for Arteta

We could even be more bold and go for Iniesta

No, let's wait until he becomes successful somewhere else first - we're not a trial club, we only go for certs

Small thinking = small club; small club = laughing stock

If we're not a laughing stock, what are we?

Oh yeah: Big club, big ambition - don't make me laugh

"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

May 19, 2018, 02:42:34 PM
Reply #3498

Bluedylan

No, let's wait until he becomes successful somewhere else first - we're not a trial club, we only go for certs

Iniesta's not a football manager. Does that not impact your bizarre thinking?
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

May 19, 2018, 02:43:40 PM
Reply #3499

Blue Lagoon

NSNO Subscriber
A legal battle eh? My money is on Moshiri and his legal team over Watford’s every single time.
Seeing as we’ve already offered them something, it’ll get close to arbitration we’ll offer a little more and it’ll be settled beforehand - would be my guess
(Zoolander)

May 19, 2018, 02:44:09 PM
Reply #3500

Bluedylan

I thought the most operative bit in the press was this from Chris Bascombe's piece in the Torygraph:

Everton must decide whether to negotiate further with Watford before making an appointment – that could delay the formalities of an announcement until such time all parties can agree compensation.

Alternatively, there is no contractual reason why Silva can not be confirmed in post with negotiations between Everton and Watford - which started last April - continuing independently.

Echoes what GLewis has been saying, and surely the most likely outcome.

May 19, 2018, 02:44:33 PM
Reply #3501

Ramjam

You’ve got a good point there, Iniesta has had the same apprenticeship as pep. I’m in
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

May 19, 2018, 02:46:39 PM
Reply #3502

KoemansNumberTens

Arsenal to get Arteta

Everton to get Silva

Tells us more about Silva than Arteta

Who will get the better deal, Arsenal or Everton? Work it out

Again, we cannot see the wood for the trees - unbelievable

Well I totally disagree but surely if arsenal want arteta then it wouldn’t matter anyway if we went for him.

May 19, 2018, 02:47:48 PM
Reply #3503

BlueForYou

In one years time, you lot will be saying "We should have got Arteta"

Not a football manager = bizarre thinking

How does one become a football manager without being a football manager?
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

May 19, 2018, 02:49:09 PM
Reply #3504

KoemansNumberTens

Or pele? Or xavi? How do we decided which ex great player will become a great manager

May 19, 2018, 02:53:09 PM
Reply #3505

BlueForYou

We don't

How do we decide about a not great footballer?

Harry Catterick

May 19, 2018, 02:58:36 PM
Reply #3506

BlueForYou

The reason why we are not going for Arteta is that we're hell bent on hiring Silva

Plus, we have already conceded that we cannot compete with Arsenal

That's how big we are

Harry Catterick

May 19, 2018, 02:58:55 PM
Reply #3507

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
What is going on in here?
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

May 19, 2018, 02:59:05 PM
Reply #3508

Alanvideo

Well I totally disagree but surely if arsenal want arteta then it wouldn’t matter anyway if we went for him.
..................my thoughts too.  And Arteta seems to have an affinity with Arsenal rather than us.
We are special ,we are Everton.

May 19, 2018, 03:01:21 PM
Reply #3509

sam of the south

Or pele? Or xavi? How do we decided which ex great player will become a great manager

Yeah, Maradona was superb, wasn’t he..

And don’t get me started on Gazza, what a manager!

Obviously I’m being a nob, Maradona and Gazza were great players but not much in their character suggested they would be stable enough to transfer their skills to management.

However, if Arsenal want Arteta he would go there over us anyway, I don’t think he’s even mentioned us once since he left, the lego-haired irritant.
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them