Who would you like in charge?

Marco Silva
Rafa Benitez
Brendan Rodgers
Eddie Howe
Mikel Arteta
Arsene Wenger
AN Other

Author Topic: Who should we go for? POLL RESET  (Read 190772 times)

May 19, 2018, 04:13:42 PM
Reply #3570

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Ironic, that!

If Arteta was to manage Newcastle for the next two seasons and he gained successive 7th spot positions, would you then consider him?

To conclude: You are all in agreement that Silva will have a more successful managerial career than Arteta

Not one person has said that. What people are saying is that they don't want to take the risk of hiring someone who has never managed a club at any level, never mind the PL, with the state the club is innat the moment. If it was Stoke or West Ham offering MA the chance to cut his managerial teeth people who want him here would be happy for him to do that before managing us. It's just because it's Arsenal that some people are shitting it thinking they are stealing a march on us.
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

May 19, 2018, 04:13:49 PM
Reply #3571

KoemansNumberTens

Ironic, that!

If Arteta was to manage Newcastle for the next two seasons and he gained successive 7th spot positions, would you then consider him?

To conclude: You are all in agreement that Silva will have a more successful managerial career than Arteta

Yes but whatís the problem with that. Heíd be somewhat proven then.

Itís like youíre suggesting his success is a certainty and so why wait but you have given no reasons to your confidence in him. Of course silva has a better management record. He has a decent management record and arteta doesnít have 1.

May 19, 2018, 04:13:54 PM
Reply #3572

Cassius

NSNO Subscriber
Arteta knows the club

Experience as Captain, ie, leadership qualities

Working references from Wenger and Guardiola

(Most!) fans would welcome a former playing favourite - a big help, especially time!

Because of someone's opinion on Arteta, you want Arteta to fail? Tells us enough about you! Call y'self an Evertonian?

Mate, you're just trolling now.

The arguments you're putting across are similar to the arguments for why Ryan Giggs should have managed Utd.

Look at Gary Neville. A leader, the best tutelage in the game, a risky appointment as a manager that didn't work out. And don't tell me it's because he was at Valencia and it would have worked out if he'd joined Utd because you'd be wrong then too.

May 19, 2018, 04:15:25 PM
Reply #3573

sam of the south

Ironic, that!

I donít think any of us are saying that.

But what most of us are thinking is we are in a bit of turmoil, after three managers in one season, so maybe now wouldnít be the best time to experiment with a complete managerial novice.

Silva is actually an experienced manager, and has won things, and he has a reputation for being very thorough, and he drills his teams to be fit, energetic, and aggressive.

What do we know about Artetaís credentials and preferred style?

Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

May 19, 2018, 04:15:39 PM
Reply #3574

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah deffo troll vibes from this nutter.

May 19, 2018, 04:17:44 PM
Reply #3575

Gash

Global Moderator
Ironic, that!

Yes. By then he'd have two years experience.

No one's said that.

You're basing your opinion on the fact he played for us and that Wenger and Guardiola have said nice things about him.

May 19, 2018, 04:18:44 PM
Reply #3576

BlueForYou

There's no answer to that one, Bobby! Well, there is - you're the trolls

Concluded

For the Royalists, enjoy the wedding

For us Republicans, enjoy the sun
« Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 04:20:50 PM by BlueForYou »
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

May 19, 2018, 04:20:04 PM
Reply #3577

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Fair play to you lads for understanding what's going on.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

May 19, 2018, 04:20:34 PM
Reply #3578

Gash

Global Moderator
Been ages since we had a decent NSNO meltdown and this one's not disappointed so far, even if it's written in fucking riddles half the time. :)

May 19, 2018, 04:20:34 PM
Reply #3579

Bluedylan

Linguistic fact.

Silva means wood in Portuguese.

Originally from the Latin, meaning forest or wood.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

May 19, 2018, 04:21:18 PM
Reply #3580

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Just to clarify I think most of us would love Arteta to be a Managerial success, but I hope he bombs if he goes to Arsenal like I would anyone above or around us and I think it's quite likely.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 04:32:55 PM by Silas »

May 19, 2018, 04:38:44 PM
Reply #3581

gizzblue

If you want a sentimental appointment. ..fuck it lets just give Rooney the job has as much managerial experience as Arteta although won a shit load more as a player so ticks all the aforementioned boxes on this thread . :Horse:

Silva for me the attacking choice ...not some upstart manager who should be in the championship or Rangers first .
Born not made a blue .

May 19, 2018, 04:39:23 PM
Reply #3582

sam of the south

Linguistic fact.

Silva means wood in Portuguese.

Dan: Well, Corian is to marble and granite what MDF is to wood. Iíve got wood there.
Alan: No, thatís MDF. Oh, I see. Youíre making a joke.

Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

May 19, 2018, 04:40:17 PM
Reply #3583

TheTone

Everton play in the Premier League

Silva managed Hull and Watford in the Premier League

Get the connection?

May 19, 2018, 04:40:19 PM
Reply #3584

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
This guy is living proof why siblings shouldn't fuck each other