Who would you like in charge?

Marco Silva
Rafa Benitez
Brendan Rodgers
Eddie Howe
Mikel Arteta
Arsene Wenger
AN Other

Author Topic: Who should we go for? POLL RESET  (Read 197825 times)

November 15, 2017, 12:53:07 AM
Read 197825 times

fubarruk

Allardyce 'ruling himself out' should be met with a resounding cheer from anyone who considers themselves an Evertonian, baffles me how anyone could think that having him here was a good idea in any way or resembles anything close to progress.

November 26, 2017, 10:17:42 PM
Reply #1

fubarruk

Think the fact that the managers of Burnley and Watford would rather stay where they are or only come to us for the money show just how shit a state we're in at moment, and who'd honestly blame them for thinking It?

November 26, 2017, 10:37:49 PM
Reply #2

fubarruk

Our showing today, added to a West Ham win in midweek (inevitable) topped off with an O'Neil appointment would go down in history as the week that spelled the end of Everton FC

May 19, 2018, 08:17:11 PM
Reply #3

fubarruk

As long as Brands really wants to work with Silva.

Would set us back further to have another awkward, forced director/manager combo.
Will surely have already been discussed, Moshiri is a business man after all, shelling out millions in the process, due diligence will have been done like with any other business decision.

May 19, 2018, 09:17:56 PM
Reply #4

fubarruk

Hiring The Fat Cunt must have been a blip then.
Took a business decision to ensure we stayed in Premier League (regardless of wether we felt we were in any danger or not)

He's also immediately shipped him out afterwards. I've no doubt he weighed up what it may have cost us to lose that status, against what it cost him to hire, and subsequently fire, the cretin.

I was concerned Allardyce may have stayed on, but the actions of the last week, the boardroom changes, shipping Walsh out with immediate effect, along with getting Sam out and a new DOF in, I'm in no doubt he knows exactly what he's doing.

Not at all concerned that he's moving us in the right direction.

May 19, 2018, 09:55:58 PM
Reply #5

fubarruk

Like he did with Koeman and Walsh? ;)
Haha, went sour, but can't argue it seemed like a decent choice at the time, both were highly regarded.

May 22, 2018, 02:56:31 AM
Reply #6

fubarruk

I would like to recast my vote to Arteta.

He will prove to be an excellent manager - so long as he has the main say about team recruitment. He has the right character and ambition for a club like ours. I've no doubt about it.
Based on what? Without any managerial experience it's impossible to say what he's gonna be like.

Not every good coach makes a good manager, Steve McLaren a case in point for starters...