Who would you like in charge?

Marco Silva
Rafa Benitez
Brendan Rodgers
Eddie Howe
Mikel Arteta
Arsene Wenger
AN Other

Author Topic: Who should we go for? POLL RESET  (Read 198147 times)

May 22, 2018, 03:15:35 AM
Reply #3720

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Since AVB is in the betting all of a sudden how do people feel about that one. I think that's an exciting prospect in theory and he's done it a higher level than Silva.  Similar reservations about flightiness though

May 22, 2018, 03:16:33 AM
Reply #3721

gizzblue

Fuck it
Give Big Dunc the job, not just one but three managers liked him enough to keep him around ....seems over qualified in comparison to Arteta ...cos that's what allegedly makes a top manager

:Horse:
Born not made a blue .

May 22, 2018, 03:20:05 AM
Reply #3722

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Full steam ahead on the Arteta express here.

Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

May 22, 2018, 03:21:02 AM
Reply #3723

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I wanted AVB before Sam, but yeah he deffo isnít that arsed about footy.

I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

May 22, 2018, 03:22:21 AM
Reply #3724

Cereal Killer

Since AVB is in the betting all of a sudden how do people feel about that one. I think that's an exciting prospect in theory and he's done it a higher level than Silva.  Similar reservations about flightiness though

Swerve. He's not that good, he's a Mourinho-light, and he built a pretty shit Spurs team from all the Bale money

Don't think he's the main for a rebuilding job

May 22, 2018, 03:27:38 AM
Reply #3725

Macca77

We should at least speak to Arteta

May 22, 2018, 03:28:24 AM
Reply #3726

Normm

Why the particular caveat re control over transfers?

Because if the manager we appoint has any idea about the style of football that will take the club forward, he will seek those players who will make that happen. A DOF needs to be in agreement with the manager (not the other way around) and do the business and paperwork with the same goals. Arteta commands respect wherever he goes - and not without good reason.

May 22, 2018, 03:30:45 AM
Reply #3727

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber

Too nervous. Send a mate to tell him we like him.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

May 22, 2018, 03:30:49 AM
Reply #3728

Silas

NSNO Subscriber

We should speak to any viable candidates for sure. He's down the list for me but no harm in interviewing

May 22, 2018, 03:30:59 AM
Reply #3729

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber

Just to hear his loveable chirpy voice really.
I didn't even remember I had a signature.

May 22, 2018, 03:35:29 AM
Reply #3730

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Because if the manager we appoint has any idea about the style of football that will take the club forward, he will seek those players who will make that happen. A DOF needs to be in agreement with the manager (not the other way around) and do the business and paperwork with the same goals. Arteta commands respect wherever he goes - and not without good reason.

But thereís no evidence that Arteta is good at spotting players (or not).

Yes DoF and manager need to be on the same page but a manager identifying the players and a DoF just signing the deals means heís a chief exec, not being a DoF.

May 22, 2018, 03:45:52 AM
Reply #3731

Robber Rodwell

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5754795/new-Arsenal-boss-Unai-Emery-demanding-studious-brave.html

Sounds boss.  I really wish we had a shout with this guy.  Winners pedigree, and dare I say we are of a similar status to Sevilla.

May 22, 2018, 03:46:03 AM
Reply #3732

Trowel

Isn't this literally the opposite of what Brands's DOF role was at PSV?
www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news

May 22, 2018, 03:46:13 AM
Reply #3733

dekko

Whatís with the Arteta train??

Has he done anything as a manager? I heard heís won 3 Spanish leagues with Espanyol on CM. Is that enough though??

May 22, 2018, 03:51:25 AM
Reply #3734

Gash

Global Moderator
Whatís with the Arteta train??

Has he done anything as a manager? I heard heís won 3 Spanish leagues with Espanyol on CM. Is that enough though??

If he was ugly, born in Croydon and never played for us people wouldn't give him a second thought.

The Carlisle job's available, he should give that a go and see how he gets on.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 04:02:22 AM by Gash »