Who would you like in charge?

Marco Silva
Rafa Benitez
Brendan Rodgers
Eddie Howe
Mikel Arteta
Arsene Wenger
AN Other

Author Topic: Who should we go for? POLL RESET  (Read 202367 times)

May 22, 2018, 01:35:52 PM
Reply #3765

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah - I meant identifying 'the type' of player needed, and then agreeing with the signings - not personally spending time seeking them out.

Yeah but - thereís no evidence of that either? Just seems strange, like saying ĎI want arteta, especially if heís allowed to play 4321...

Like ya dunno what heís going to be like recruitment wise so why does it even factor in?
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

May 22, 2018, 01:47:20 PM
Reply #3766

Redartin

This is the thing that really fucks me off.
The Fat Cunt and Moyes were both released by their clubs on the same day.
The dogs on the street know Silva is coming to us.
West Ham were linked with many, but no one in particular, yet they announce Pelligrini as manager this morning.
Arsenal, also linked with a few, Arteta in particular, but about to announce Emery later.

We are linked with one guy, one fucking guy, who we've been in discussions with for ages, yet we fuck about and pussy foot and drag it out. We did the same with Martinez, and Koeman, and even signing Sig.

We have two gears, dead slow and stop. Any wonder it takes up ages to get a ball up the pitch.

May 22, 2018, 01:56:03 PM
Reply #3767

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
West Ham were linked with many, but no one in particular, yet they announce Pelligrini as manager this morning.
Arsenal, also linked with a few, Arteta in particular, but about to announce Emery later.

We are linked with one guy, one fucking guy, who we've been in discussions with for ages, yet we fuck about and pussy foot and drag it out. We did the same with Martinez, and Koeman, and even signing Sig.

We have two gears, dead slow and stop. Any wonder it takes up ages to get a ball up the pitch.

Itís been fairly well publicised that there are some potentially litigious-type movements in the background, both from Watford and from us. Claims and counter claims. That sort of thing can drag on, I expect it to be sealed this week, maybe a day or so after the mighty West Ham have managed to tempt the half-retired pellegrini.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

May 22, 2018, 02:08:23 PM
Reply #3768

Redartin

Itís been fairly well publicised that there are some potentially litigious-type movements in the background, both from Watford and from us. Claims and counter claims. That sort of thing can drag on, I expect it to be sealed this week, maybe a day or so after the mighty West Ham have managed to tempt the half-retired pellegrini.
But that's it with Everton, there's always an issue that annoys your tits.

The other thing that's annoying about this particular one is that, I happen to think both those appointments are better than ours, if and when ours ever happens.

May 22, 2018, 02:28:31 PM
Reply #3769

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber

What are you moaning about?

Its all sorted by all accounts.

Season isn't even done yet. Aslong as we've identified our main target and know he's coming that fine by me.

We've also restructured the board and appointed a new director of football who himself said the new manager will be appointed with 14 day, so there's been no pussy footing.

Let West Ham get on with ruining their club and focus on ourselves because it's been very promising over that last ten days or so.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

May 22, 2018, 02:34:23 PM
Reply #3770

AllyBlue14

Not 100% sold on Silva, but I'd rather have him than Pellegrini. Who is probably a safer choice, but it's pretty short-term thinking.

May 22, 2018, 02:51:04 PM
Reply #3771

hannu

might need to reset the poll

May 22, 2018, 03:07:16 PM
Reply #3772

The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool

Yup knock some more options off that poll. Give it a few weeks and it will be down to Silva anyway :D

May 22, 2018, 03:43:52 PM
Reply #3773

BatteredCornerFlag

I really think weíve missed a trick by not going for Arteta.

I donít think Silva is the type of manager to stay somewhere. I think heíll be short-term good but long term I canít see him doing it.

Arteta is young and by all accounts hungry and well thought of. I would love to see him take us over and stay for a good 5 years at least.

Id love to see us realise that the only way to compete is to use our advantages. That is our youth system. Iíd love to see a manger take over and give youth a chance. Bed in youngsters. Develop them. It might be slow progress but it would be progress

May 22, 2018, 04:09:10 PM
Reply #3774

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber
What makes Arteta a student of the game since day one?

Being tactically aware and understanding how the game works. It's no guarantee to managerial success of course, but the question was only in the context of why Arteta and not Rooney.
I didn't even remember I had a signature.

May 22, 2018, 04:13:22 PM
Reply #3775

Macca77

Arteta was 20/1 over the weekend, now into 6/1

Know it doesn't mean much like, he was 1/10 to take over at Arsenal over the weekend.

May 22, 2018, 04:15:51 PM
Reply #3776

Ramjam

Arteta was 20/1 over the weekend, now into 6/1

Know it doesn't mean much like, he was 1/10 to take over at Arsenal over the weekend.
Bookies playing mind games
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

May 22, 2018, 05:08:03 PM
Reply #3777

Cereal Killer

I really think weíve missed a trick by not going for Arteta.

I donít think Silva is the type of manager to stay somewhere. I think heíll be short-term good but long term I canít see him doing it.

Arteta is young and by all accounts hungry and well thought of. I would love to see him take us over and stay for a good 5 years at least.

Id love to see us realise that the only way to compete is to use our advantages. That is our youth system. Iíd love to see a manger take over and give youth a chance. Bed in youngsters. Develop them. It might be slow progress but it would be progress

Silva is short term? But a young, hungry Arteta will want to stay years?

Sorry I don't get that arguement.... if Arsenal come for Arteta next year, he'd be off like a shot....

Anyway, neither of them really jump out for various reasons

May 22, 2018, 05:18:07 PM
Reply #3778

Jamokachi

Hey, chill out.

May 22, 2018, 05:51:14 PM
Reply #3779

Redartin

What are you moaning about?

Its all sorted by all accounts.

Season isn't even done yet. Aslong as we've identified our main target and know he's coming that fine by me.

We've also restructured the board and appointed a new director of football who himself said the new manager will be appointed with 14 day, so there's been no pussy footing.

Let West Ham get on with ruining their club and focus on ourselves because it's been very promising over that last ten days or so.
I'm moaning about the length of time it traditionally takes EFC to sign someone, be it a manager or player. It's like dealing with a government Department and red tape. I thought that was obvious.
And just because someone is identified as a main target doesn't mean it is actually over the line yet.

Having said all that,when they do rush in and panic buy, you end up with fucking Aldardyce.