November 23, 2017, 04:25:49 AM

Author Topic: Chelsea v Everton Carabao Cup  (Read 10968 times)

October 25, 2017, 04:35:10 PM
Reply #105

TheTone

I'm in Tanzania so I've not seen much of the football but would love to see Rhino's first game in charge.

My hotel has something called DSTV will the sports channels called SS1, SS2 etc, anybody know if they will be showing the game?

sounds like you've a good chance I've seeing an actual Rhino there like

October 25, 2017, 04:36:45 PM
Reply #106

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
We needed to sack Koeman, and I love David Unsworth and be hopefully we're gonna come good now and win trophies etc

But...

I'm a little worried that fan expectations are a bit too high for this first game in his caretaker reign

We got bummed 5-2 like 3 days ago. We haven't played well at all this season. Almost every player is out of form. We haven't got the system right once this season and we have injuries and suspensions

I'm just not sure he's going to nail the right formation and personnel and have a slick well oiled machine in place tonight after a few sessions in charge, away at the champions where we haven't won inside 90minutes since 1994/95

Just hope the fume-ometer is forgiving tonight. Hopefully it's non existent and we do win!
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

October 25, 2017, 04:41:47 PM
Reply #107

starblood

Pickford

Whoever Keane Jags Baines

Schneiderlin
Davies Sigurdsson

DCL Rooney Sandro

That is not a balanced team in my book. We've been seeing something of that ilk all season - it's very Koeman-esque. No width, little pace.

Hoping against hope that we've seen the last of formations of that nature.

No offence like!

October 25, 2017, 04:45:33 PM
Reply #108

Django

NSNO Subscriber
Playing Lennon and Mirallas has got me quite happy. Actual wing play will be nice to see.

Think i'm a bit drunk on positivity atm, actually fancy us to get a result or atleast push it to pens.

October 25, 2017, 04:49:22 PM
Reply #109

Lazarou

We needed to sack Koeman, and I love David Unsworth and be hopefully we're gonna come good now and win trophies etc

But...

I'm a little worried that fan expectations are a bit too high for this first game in his caretaker reign

We got bummed 5-2 like 3 days ago. We haven't played well at all this season. Almost every player is out of form. We haven't got the system right once this season and we have injuries and suspensions

I'm just not sure he's going to nail the right formation and personnel and have a slick well oiled machine in place tonight after a few sessions in charge, away at the champions where we haven't won inside 90minutes since 1994/95

Just hope the fume-ometer is forgiving tonight. Hopefully it's non existent and we do win!

I am sure most fans know just how low we have sunk and understand it's going to take a bit of time. As long as we look like we give a shit will be enough for me tonight. It's been a long time under Ronald since the team put it on the line for a result. Anything else is a bonus.

Unsworth did not probably help himself with his excellent press conference yesterday he really surprised me how good it was, just what we all wanted to hear, if only for the fact he said 'We' as opposed too Ronald's 'Everton'.

October 25, 2017, 04:53:04 PM
Reply #110

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Playing Lennon and Mirallas has got me quite happy. Actual wing play will be nice to see.

Think i'm a bit drunk on positivity atm, actually fancy us to get a result or atleast push it to pens.

Yes but Mirallas rarely plays like a winger these days. Very much an inside forward.

He is a good finisher though so Iíd guess itíd be more for that.

Also thereís the chance that these two are playing as weíre saving some people for a mustnít lose game on Sunday.

Agree with the last part though :)

October 25, 2017, 04:57:57 PM
Reply #111

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
That is not a balanced team in my book. We've been seeing something of that ilk all season - it's very Koeman-esque. No width, little pace.

Hoping against hope that we've seen the last of formations of that nature.

No offence like!

No thatís fine!

Apart from Lennon I donít think anyone else is faster than those two wider players there, however. Given everyoneís form though as long as the wider forwards can run then Iím not too fussed who they are.

I think Rooney is our most reliable scorer but to minimise long sprints Iíd leave him in the middle (but ask him to stay up top) where he can close down over shorter distances.

Overall though itís an intent thing that I was getting at as weíve been neither one thing or the other this season.

The lack of searing pace is only a massive issue if thatís all youíve got to bail yourself out.

Playing higher up the pitch on the front foot should reduce this problem as weíd have more of the ball nearer the opposition goal which reduces the need for long sprints which highlight just how slow or fast someone is.

October 25, 2017, 04:58:32 PM
Reply #112

Gash

Global Moderator

But...

Yeah, I'm expecting nothing from tonight, he's had an hour and a half with the players and that's it. I think we'll see a better performance but that wouldn't take much doing.

October 25, 2017, 05:00:05 PM
Reply #113

Macca77

I'd be happy with a decent performance to be honest, nobody is expecting us to win are they

October 25, 2017, 05:05:35 PM
Reply #114

Deano Blue Boy

Got a text regarding some early team news - Mirallas & Lennon back in, Sigurdsson & Keane dropped apparently.

I actually put a team on here the other day with Mirallas & Lennon on either wing, think we need to get some balance in the team and players in their right positions, so quite pleased with that news

Wish Unsworth good luck for me

October 25, 2017, 05:37:12 PM
Reply #115

Jamokachi

I'd be happy with a decent performance to be honest, nobody is expecting us to win are they

I just want a bit of heart and desire, and maybe a bit of closing down the opposition.

October 25, 2017, 05:48:47 PM
Reply #116

everton1952

If we get a good result praise will flow, if we do not then Unsworth should not be criticized as he can only play the cards he has been dealt. Anyone going tonight?

October 25, 2017, 05:59:39 PM
Reply #117

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
This on TV people?

October 25, 2017, 06:05:20 PM
Reply #118

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber

October 25, 2017, 06:07:16 PM
Reply #119

Django

NSNO Subscriber
Yes but Mirallas rarely plays like a winger these days. Very much an inside forward.

He is a good finisher though so Iíd guess itíd be more for that.

Also thereís the chance that these two are playing as weíre saving some people for a mustnít lose game on Sunday.

Agree with the last part though :)

Massively agree with the fact there's people being rested for Sunday and so they should be. But with the way the U23s have been playing the last couple of years, I'd be surprised if DU doesn't try and implement that system. I personally think it will work with the group of players we have.