November 15, 2018, 01:58:40 PM

Author Topic: Chelsea v Everton Carabao Cup  (Read 29015 times)

October 23, 2017, 06:03:39 PM
Read 29015 times

Gash

Global Moderator
Brace yourselves.

October 25, 2017, 04:58:32 PM
Reply #1

Gash

Global Moderator
We needed to sack Koeman, and I love David Unsworth and be hopefully we're gonna come good now and win trophies etc

But...

I'm a little worried that fan expectations are a bit too high for this first game in his caretaker reign

We got bummed 5-2 like 3 days ago. We haven't played well at all this season. Almost every player is out of form. We haven't got the system right once this season and we have injuries and suspensions

I'm just not sure he's going to nail the right formation and personnel and have a slick well oiled machine in place tonight after a few sessions in charge, away at the champions where we haven't won inside 90minutes since 1994/95

Just hope the fume-ometer is forgiving tonight. Hopefully it's non existent and we do win!

Yeah, I'm expecting nothing from tonight, he's had an hour and a half with the players and that's it. I think we'll see a better performance but that wouldn't take much doing.

October 26, 2017, 01:24:00 AM
Reply #2

Gash

Global Moderator
Bid of width, bit of pace, if we're really lucky we might even see some goals. :)

October 26, 2017, 01:26:50 AM
Reply #3

Gash

Global Moderator
Probably no one believed him.

He's not always right but he regularly gives bits of information that come true long before it's common knowledge.

I don't know why you bother coming on here to be honest, all you ever do is moan about "people on here" and dismiss any stories or rumours as rubbish.

October 26, 2017, 02:30:52 AM
Reply #4

Gash

Global Moderator
Fucksake, it's taken me 40 minutes to realise that isn't David Luiz after a slight haircut.  :snigger:

October 26, 2017, 02:45:41 AM
Reply #5

Gash

Global Moderator
Can't really expect much more, it was never going to change massively with only a one and a half hour session before they left yesterday. We've a young lad making his debut and two others in midfield who've hardly featured all season (has McCarthy even played?) Mirallas hasn't exactly been tearing it up and Davies has looked short on confidence all season.

It'll come together better after a few more sessions, this game can just be looked at as one of those sessions to get us playing the Unsworth wants us to.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 02:47:18 AM by Gash »

October 26, 2017, 02:57:36 AM
Reply #6

Gash

Global Moderator
Not completely discounting Barkley, but it was all Lukaku.
I genuinely feel for Unsworth as his results will say that he failed after this stint, but the truth is he didn't have a chance to start

Give him a chance, he's had 45 minutes game time for christ sake.

October 26, 2017, 02:59:21 AM
Reply #7

Gash

Global Moderator
Tough for a young player coming into a struggling side but you can see why Kenny wasn't getting much game time.

October 26, 2017, 03:24:32 AM
Reply #8

Gash

Global Moderator
Contrary to popular belief Jags legs are in fact still there. ;)

October 26, 2017, 03:26:09 AM
Reply #9

Gash

Global Moderator
Where has all the confidence come from?

A manager that speaks to and encourages the players.

October 26, 2017, 03:30:41 AM
Reply #10

Gash

Global Moderator
Unsworth can take it as a compliment that they've felt the need to bring Fabregas, Pedro and Morata on.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 03:32:20 AM by Gash »

October 26, 2017, 03:42:38 AM
Reply #11

Gash

Global Moderator
Never thought Niasse's complete inability to control a ball would ever work in our favour.  :)

Good second half performance and plenty to build on. It's not going to be easy but it just shows how far a bit of belief and encouragement can go.

October 26, 2017, 03:50:49 AM
Reply #12

Gash

Global Moderator
Beni for 1st team, week in and week out.  He's a matchup nightmare for anybody, physically.

Steady on!