November 19, 2018, 03:28:42 AM

Author Topic: Chelsea v Everton Carabao Cup  (Read 29264 times)

October 26, 2017, 03:27:35 AM
Reply #45

Evertonian in NC

Niasse madly leaping at the goal kick because OF COURSE HE IS.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

October 26, 2017, 03:31:19 AM
Reply #46

Evertonian in NC

Fucking so annoyed were not getting anything out of this. But only because we actually deserve it - and its been a while

True, but we won't give up because of one match (Mickey Mouse cup!) and it doesn't hurt us in the Table.  Get something from Leicester, and build from there.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

October 26, 2017, 03:37:03 AM
Reply #47

Evertonian in NC

and of course we score immediately after

October 26, 2017, 03:39:40 AM
Reply #48

Evertonian in NC

Niasse does all the dirty work, doesn't he?

October 26, 2017, 03:41:15 AM
Reply #49

Evertonian in NC

Beni for 1st team, week in and week out.  He's a matchup nightmare for anybody, physically.

October 26, 2017, 03:43:30 AM
Reply #50

Evertonian in NC

Rooney is a fucking liability

Niasse has just as many goals from open play, and now more assists (1), and nobody insists that he is indispensable to the attack/starting XI.

Despite what, 25% of the total minutes played?  It's time to accept reality on this one.

October 26, 2017, 03:46:48 AM
Reply #51

Evertonian in NC

Lost. But lost with pride. I can take that, especially with the chances we created. The young boys on the midfield reminded me of something there once was. Tackles, passion, playing for the team. I think Rhino's touch was already clearly there.

We'll be alright.

oh, how I love to see an Everton side that tackles.  Clean, fast, and hard.  Beni really set the tone, and ran the match.

October 26, 2017, 04:58:46 AM
Reply #52

Evertonian in NC

really want Beni to start against Leicester, and every game for the next 15 years

Not hyping him up or anything but hes kind of like a cross between Franz Beckenbauer and Jesus

I mean, with that size, speed, and tackling ability...what more can you ask in terms of raw material for a DM?

If we stay with 3 in midfield, why not Davies, Beni, Gana?

October 26, 2017, 05:10:42 AM
Reply #53

Evertonian in NC

Echo say his name is Bani
I'm Confused

at least there's no "j"

October 26, 2017, 05:19:21 AM
Reply #54

Evertonian in NC

His nickname is Benji.

fuck, so do we have to say "Ben-YEE" now, too?

October 26, 2017, 06:18:12 AM
Reply #55

Evertonian in NC

After the initial excitement of rhino in charge and a new debutant, I thought the 1st half was pretty much the usual us under RK.

The goal we conceded 1st half was absolutely pathetic, leaving a player unmarked on the back stick like that is poor. Other than for that goal and apart from the Willian goal against very tired legs, I thought we nullified them pretty well.

Second half we were like a different side. One I haven't seen in a long long time. Crazy how we've got a model pro like Aaron Lennon who is blessed with pace and link up play unable to get in a side crying out for width.

I feel like this could be a resurrection for a number of members of the squad which will ensure a real feel good factor around us.

It's early, early days but hearing Unsworth's words of encouragement and passion from the touchline I think it's only a matter of time before we see OUR Everton back.

Lennon and Jags really stood out for me in the second half, if nothing else, for their sheer determination.