November 24, 2017, 08:16:04 AM

Author Topic: Chelsea v Everton Carabao Cup  (Read 11198 times)

October 26, 2017, 02:34:47 AM
Reply #375

Heisenberg

I think Williams may be the most underrate player in Everton history. And I genuinely believe that. He's a bad scape goat at the minute. He's been a lot better defensively than Jags and plays with some fire in his belly at least.

And yes I know his distribution is shit

October 26, 2017, 02:34:50 AM
Reply #376

eyesalwaysblue

That was good after what we've been watching
I still despise Clive Thomas..

October 26, 2017, 02:35:04 AM
Reply #377

gizzblue

I know this isn't our strongest line-up against their second string but they're still light years ahead of us in every department. Just highlights the size of the rebuilding job whoever the next boss is.
Just shows how far Koeman bent us over and fucked us .

October 26, 2017, 02:35:28 AM
Reply #378

boothill

Commentator calling Jags "YAG-ielka" and it's doing my head in.
its really only us and the Portuguese that pronounce the letter J

October 26, 2017, 02:35:29 AM
Reply #379

velimski

Offering absolutely fuck all going forward. 

October 26, 2017, 02:35:44 AM
Reply #380

Evertonian in NC

Feel like Ash was much, much better after the goal.  And Jags really screwed up conceding the corner (and as BD noted, Kenny didn't cover himself in glory leading up to Jags' error).  So, a team effort.

I love watching Lennon play, he contributes in every phase of the game, and nobody ever outworks him.

Mirallas and McCarthy are wasting space, and should be off at the half.  I'd move Wayne back to the #10 and bring both Lookman and DCL on to attack.  Last sub Sigurdsson for Rooney if needed.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

October 26, 2017, 02:35:48 AM
Reply #381

Everton Mint

Ancient defence and non-existent striker are huge problems.

October 26, 2017, 02:36:22 AM
Reply #382

chang

Reality is nobody can put right what is wrong in 48 hours + Chelsea have some very good players - "cupofcosta" or what ever his name is dangerous.

October 26, 2017, 02:36:30 AM
Reply #383

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
We are putting the effort in and offering little. We are closing down well which is a minor improvement than of late.  Our shape looks a little better. The new lad looks quite composed and Mc Carthy looks fit enough

October 26, 2017, 02:36:51 AM
Reply #384

Bluedylan

I think Williams may be the most underrate player in Everton history. And I genuinely believe that. He's a bad scape goat at the minute. He's been a lot better defensively than Jags and plays with some fire in his belly at least.

And yes I know his distribution is shit

He's a jarg hardman who actually plays like a coward.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

October 26, 2017, 02:36:57 AM
Reply #385

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Hmm. Can we score a goal..?

Neither side of the pitch are offering much of a threat. Or in the middle either for that matter.

No guarantees either would help change us dramatically but I'd go with Lookman and Niasse on.

October 26, 2017, 02:38:08 AM
Reply #386

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Swerve Mirallas off. Offers nothing.

Baines is done, isn't he?

October 26, 2017, 02:38:19 AM
Reply #387

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Next to nothing has changed there but you'd be massively kidding yourself if you expected anything other

Easy things to notice
Kenny's attacking movement is poor and even with McCarthy and Lennon helping we are getting overran on this side

Baines is bang out of form and their right back, who let's face it, ain't a lot is murdering him

McCarthy started well but has faded
Baningime looks a decent lad
Davies is bang out of form. He needs a time out imo

Lennon is so deep it's ridiculous and its not helping him at all.
If that's mirallas trying to prove his point then he's doing it

Rooney or it could be anyone is as isolated as ever

Oh and Williams can not play a simple pass

Lets see what the second half produces

Simply simply lovely

October 26, 2017, 02:38:30 AM
Reply #388

GrantyBoy78

Looked competitive and organised. Happy enough that weíre still in it. Imagine Rooney will be subbed early in the 2nd half with a view to the Leicester game.
This is still winnable though; Sig, Niasse and DCL on and letís make them defend. Thatís what been so demoralising this season; the amount of times we finished a game and never really asked anything of the opposition. Just have a go, even if itís direct and ugly.

October 26, 2017, 02:39:21 AM
Reply #389

dunkster

Our central defenders really do lack any ability whatsoever of playing a simple ball through the middle to centre mid.
You see them shit themselves if they get it and it always goes sideways or backwards
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER