October 21, 2018, 04:59:28 PM

Author Topic: Chelsea v Everton Carabao Cup  (Read 28018 times)

October 26, 2017, 03:34:03 AM
Reply #15

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
WTF was that? Put it in the box.

October 26, 2017, 03:36:01 AM
Reply #16

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber

October 26, 2017, 03:38:49 AM
Reply #17

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Positives were we looked more balanced, and we did have a decent amount of pressure 2nd half and were able to create some decent chances. Rooney was the most blatant missed opportunity.

Negatives, we need a result. Also the Chelsea line up was pretty second rate by their standards whereas we had a lot of our first XI out.

We need a result. We desperately need to find reliable ways to create and score.

Not a particularly big black mark against Unsworth but it underlines the challenges ahead.

October 26, 2017, 03:41:55 AM
Reply #18

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
The lad isn't all that is he. Not just on tonight's performance but in general. You can see why Koeman bought Martina really, we couldn't go into a season with just Kenny and Holgate in that position.

He's looked a bit off the pace these last two games. Hopefully Coleman isn't too far away from being back.

October 26, 2017, 03:46:32 AM
Reply #19

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
He thinks he's the big I am, the way he struts around. Yeah, he's scored most for us this season, but I always feel he's in the team to the detriment of it.

So many recruitment mistakes this summer.

October 26, 2017, 03:47:42 AM
Reply #20

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Personally thought Rooney did OK. He looked better when dcl came on but hey ho

If he's up there, he can't be by himself. Has to be part of a two. He's chasing shadows otherwise.

October 26, 2017, 03:48:42 AM
Reply #21

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
I'm more worried about Davies form at the moment than Rooney's think he needs a break and hopefully having Baningime and Mc Carthy as options will allow him to have a break.

Yeah, I'm a fan but he's not be on the same form as last year and perhaps he's trying too hard at this point. Still had some nice touches mind you.

October 26, 2017, 04:10:16 AM
Reply #22

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
It was positive, but the bar of late was set so very low.

Ultimately, we need results. Hope we can pick up where we left off 2nd half and get a result in the PL.