November 24, 2017, 04:36:13 AM

Author Topic: Chelsea v Everton Carabao Cup  (Read 11157 times)

October 26, 2017, 02:39:43 AM
Reply #390

Bluedylan

I'd keep the same shape and put Lookman on for the ghost on the left.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

October 26, 2017, 02:39:51 AM
Reply #391

Running Blue

Ancient defence and non-existent striker are huge problems.

This reminds me of the glory days when we used to play the old 4-6 formation under Moyes.

October 26, 2017, 02:40:30 AM
Reply #392

Major Clanger

Commentator calling Jags "YAG-ielka" and it's doing my head in.

Originally it was pronounced Yag (as indeed it is in the Polish royal dynasty Jagiellon), but when you embed a name into a different language, you have to alter it to fit the vocal character of the host language, so Jags it is.
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

October 26, 2017, 02:40:43 AM
Reply #393

Coyb12

I think Williams may be the most underrate player in Everton history. And I genuinely believe that. He's a bad scape goat at the minute. He's been a lot better defensively than Jags and plays with some fire in his belly at least.

And yes I know his distribution is shit
Underrated are you on crack right now.

October 26, 2017, 02:40:46 AM
Reply #394

Heisenberg

He's a jarg hardman who actually plays like a coward.

Ha ha. Heitenga 2.0

October 26, 2017, 02:41:23 AM
Reply #395

Ramjam

Looked competitive and organised. Happy enough that we're still in it. Imagine Rooney will be subbed early in the 2nd half with a view to the Leicester game.
This is still winnable though; Sig, Niasse and DCL on and let's make them defend. That's what been so demoralising this season; the amount of times we finished a game and never really asked anything of the opposition. Just have a go, even if it's direct and ugly.

Thatís the best post of this thread, well done Granty
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

October 26, 2017, 02:41:28 AM
Reply #396

Heisenberg

Underrated are you on crack right now.

He's not great no. Nowhere near as bad as everyone bangs on

October 26, 2017, 02:41:33 AM
Reply #397

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Only caught the last 15min.

mothing seems to have changed, it does seem we run around the field without the ball in a more stylish manner. has no useful effect but it looks good.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

October 26, 2017, 02:42:04 AM
Reply #398

stirlingblue

Our central defenders really do lack any ability whatsoever of playing a simple ball through the middle to centre mid.
You see them shit themselves if they get it and it always goes sideways or backwards

It's worse when they go sideways, both Jags and Williams have a habit of passing to the right foot of the left back and the left foot of the right back

October 26, 2017, 02:42:33 AM
Reply #399

everton1952

Couldn't get a stream working so the EFC commentary had to do. Doesn't sound as bad as what you lot watching it live are saying. Not that they said we played well, just well not really an attacking force and a poor game. Still only 1-0. 

October 26, 2017, 02:42:34 AM
Reply #400

wepull

Get DCL on for Davies and put Rooney in No. 10 position. With the current set up I think we will struggle to reach their box too.

October 26, 2017, 02:42:58 AM
Reply #401

Coyb12

He's not great no. Nowhere near as bad as everyone bangs on
Mate just fuck off he's a fucking yard dog.

October 26, 2017, 02:43:23 AM
Reply #402

dunkster

They are dire passers of the ball
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

October 26, 2017, 02:43:44 AM
Reply #403

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
I'd keep the same shape and put Lookman on for the ghost on the left.

I have literally no idea what he does anymore.

October 26, 2017, 02:44:41 AM
Reply #404

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Ancient defence and non-existent striker are huge problems.

Really is crazy with what we've spent the age of that defence. Problems abound in this side though. Mirallas and Lennon? They're offering nothing but a bit of legwork. Rooney totally isolated, he shouldn't be playing up top by himself though.

Very little attacking threat from the middle.

Really where do we have the quality we need? Maybe in goal? Coleman when he comes back. Perhaps Bolasie and I'm generally a fan of Davies. That's about it? Others have potential like Lookman and Vlasic but given the money it's crazy that this side seems like it needs such an overhaul.