November 19, 2017, 06:32:30 PM

Author Topic: Chelsea v Everton Carabao Cup  (Read 10336 times)

October 26, 2017, 03:43:05 AM
Reply #705

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Really good 2nd half performance

Niasse should have come on for Rooney earlier, his pace was more likely to cause problems

DCL was effective when he came on, he will do well as a super sub I think for a bit

Lookman good when he came on

Man of the match, well it's got to be that man Beni Baningime, looks Fucking class.tenacious tackler and uses the ball well

Overall good fighting spirit, much better performance. Mood certainly seems better at the club already
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

October 26, 2017, 03:43:16 AM
Reply #706

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
Lots of positives there ;taking into account the Chelsea starting line up). Some great pressing, nice passing and creating chances, some heart, the young lad played well. I'd drop Rooney and play Sig in the 10 role.
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

October 26, 2017, 03:43:30 AM
Reply #707

Evertonian in NC

Rooney is a fucking liability

Niasse has just as many goals from open play, and now more assists (1), and nobody insists that he is indispensable to the attack/starting XI.

Despite what, 25% of the total minutes played?  It's time to accept reality on this one.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

October 26, 2017, 03:43:30 AM
Reply #708

eyesalwaysblue

He thinks he's the big I am, the way he struts around. Yeah, he's scored most for us this season, but I always feel he's in the team to the detriment of it.
The fuckin vanity project
I still despise Clive Thomas..

October 26, 2017, 03:43:55 AM
Reply #709

SANA_DR0

The lad isn't all that is he. Not just on tonight's performance but in general. You can see why Koeman bought Martina really, we couldn't go into a season with just Kenny and Holgate in that position.

In the first half he played 2 cutting balls through to Rooney.. awesome balls, the more Kenny plays, the better you will see him get. no one really expected Willian to shoot let alone do the one two, its weak blaming Kenny for that..
the lad is going to be better than you envision.

anyway.. happy with the 2nd half performance, played pretty well, probably the most cohesive we have played (2nd half) lots of chances, we out played/out muscled the champions in the 2nd half.
Wish we had started with DCL and Niasse, other than that, lots of bright spots. actually feel confident going into our next match.. cant recall that with Koeman in charge.
The only real things in this reality are how perspective is perceived and eventual death...

& Unsworth kicking ass.

October 26, 2017, 03:43:58 AM
Reply #710

Jamokachi

Got to be delighted with the effort and commitment levels, especially in that second half. Every player grew into that game, especially Baines. Confidence will take a while to come back, but more performances like that will do it. DCL will be glad to get another under his belt too, will do him the world of good. No negatives from me at all after this, I asked them to show some heart and they have. Onwards and upwards.

October 26, 2017, 03:44:22 AM
Reply #711

Lxxx

Second half performance made me proud best performance of the season by a country mile, we outplayed, outstripped and out fought Chelsea, how the fuck we are out is beyond me.

Now I'm sceptical of Moshiri's genuine football knowledge but if he has some he'd see in that second half a completely different side, with not one new signing finishing the game (apart from Pickford). Result didn't really matter, we're on the right track.

October 26, 2017, 03:44:30 AM
Reply #712

Bwana

Lost. But lost with pride. I can take that, especially with the chances we created. The young boys on the midfield reminded me of something there once was. Tackles, passion, playing for the team. I think Rhino's touch was already clearly there.

We'll be alright.
Well there may be no score, but there's certainly no lack of excitement here. As you can see, Nietzsche has just been booked for arguing with the referee. He accused Confucius of having no free will, and Confucius he say, "Name go in book". And this is Nietzsche's third booking in four games.

October 26, 2017, 03:45:01 AM
Reply #713

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Personally thought Rooney did OK. He looked better when dcl came on but hey ho

Simply simply lovely

October 26, 2017, 03:45:14 AM
Reply #714

Everton Mint

That sort of effort and level will get us plenty of better results going forward.

I feel like a weight has lifted... we WILL be ok.

October 26, 2017, 03:46:00 AM
Reply #715

Macca77

Play like that on Sunday and 3 points will be ours

October 26, 2017, 03:46:12 AM
Reply #716

eyesalwaysblue

Fans were fuckin boss
I still despise Clive Thomas..

October 26, 2017, 03:46:19 AM
Reply #717

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Now I'm sceptical of Moshiri's genuine football knowledge but if he has some he'd see in that second half a completely different side, with not one new signing finishing the game (apart from Pickford). Result didn't really matter, we're on the right track.
He's a business man tho, not a football man

Simply simply lovely

October 26, 2017, 03:46:32 AM
Reply #718

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
He thinks he's the big I am, the way he struts around. Yeah, he's scored most for us this season, but I always feel he's in the team to the detriment of it.

So many recruitment mistakes this summer.

October 26, 2017, 03:46:39 AM
Reply #719

School of Science

Hope the likes of Sigurdsson, Klassen, Sandro and Schneiderlin were watching that tonight just to remind them what footballers fucking are.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15