November 21, 2017, 04:25:53 PM

Author Topic: Chelsea v Everton Carabao Cup  (Read 10670 times)

October 26, 2017, 03:50:09 AM
Reply #735

Bluedylan

Wasn't it said that Koeman basically fucked the U23s off. And the whole time we've had Beni waiting. Bet Unsworth will take great delight in that display from the kid.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

October 26, 2017, 03:50:26 AM
Reply #736

dunkster

Whatever unsworth said at half time he changed it from a Koeman performance to a decent watch.
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

October 26, 2017, 03:50:30 AM
Reply #737

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
Rooney did ok tonight. Certainly wasn't a Terrible performance.
We are badly missing Coleman though, Kenny isn't bad, but he's nowhere near Coleman's level (and not expected to be).
Benni B was decent tonight, tidy little players, going a bit OTT with MOTM shouts though.

All the team played really Well, Williams should just be told to never ever pass the ball, just twat it.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

October 26, 2017, 03:50:35 AM
Reply #738

Lxxx

Turn on the stream midway the 2nd half to see Rooney in the left back position.

Fuck OFF!!

He just needs to stick either directly up top or just in behind the striker

Impossible, even under instructions not to. He's his own worst enemy.

October 26, 2017, 03:50:49 AM
Reply #739

Gash

Global Moderator
Beni for 1st team, week in and week out.  He's a matchup nightmare for anybody, physically.

Steady on!

October 26, 2017, 03:50:54 AM
Reply #740

Major Clanger

I can't remember the last time I was this upbeat after a defeat, which is admittedly a weird feeling.
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

October 26, 2017, 03:51:06 AM
Reply #741

duncandisorderly

That's the Everton we want to see

October 26, 2017, 03:51:20 AM
Reply #742

toffee_scot

Enjoyed that game, especially the second half. Yes we lost but:

- The effort was there.
- The response was positive
- We dominated Chelsea, at their home stadium and set up quite a number of chances
- Chelsea won with the help of their big guns - Morata, Pedro, Willian and Fabregas - at the end
- We responded brilliantly when we were 2-0 down.
- Beningame put in a good performance and showed no fear against Chelsea
- Some will say we were playing Chelsea reserves but we played without Coleman, Bolasie, Barkley, Sigurdsson, Klaassen, Gana, Schneiderlin, Keane, Vlasic, that's over 100m worth of potential!

Of course there are a lot of improvements that need to be made but considering David Unsworth only found out after the weekend that he would be in charge and only had one 90 minute training session to prepare for this game, I am feeling a hell of a lot more optimistic than anytime in the last couple of months.

Onwards and upwards.

October 26, 2017, 03:51:38 AM
Reply #743

Lxxx

Wasn't it said that Koeman basically fucked the U23s off. And the whole time we've had Beni waiting. Bet Unsworth will take great delight in that display from the kid.

To think we were even playing Besic ahead of him. He deserves binning just for that.

October 26, 2017, 03:51:44 AM
Reply #744

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Impossible, even under instructions not to. He's his own worst enemy.
Too honest for his own good
Been that way his entire football career

Simply simply lovely

October 26, 2017, 03:51:48 AM
Reply #745

Ari

Why? Players like Willian are what football is all about. The lad is top quality. Not ashamed to say I like watching him play.

Because.... this is Everton... they (Willain has been Chelsea'a best player for over two years) are very good there is no doubt about that but it is so easy for everyone to see that there is no need to tell us that ;)  ... but this is just my opinion nothing more.  But why tell us that we will never get a ball winner like that? How on earth could you know that?

October 26, 2017, 03:52:06 AM
Reply #746

indiantoffee1975

Created about 5 or 6 chances on another day a couple would have gone in, atleast we created, that's as many as we probably have done in the last dozen games. Play like that on sunday and we'll get the 3 points.

October 26, 2017, 03:53:13 AM
Reply #747

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Because.... this is Everton... they (Willain has been Chelsea'a best player for over two years) are very good there is no doubt about that but it is so easy for everyone to see that there is no need to tell us that ;)  ... but this is just my opinion nothing more.  But why tell us that we will never get a ball winner like that? How on earth could you know that?
Despite being Everton fans we can appreciate other teams players. It's very blinkered not too

Simply simply lovely

October 26, 2017, 03:53:32 AM
Reply #748

Major Clanger

I saw him a couple of times for the U23s last year and he was head and shoulders above the level of that league. If you watch ressie matches, you will know how rarely players close down and tackle properly, he did all of that for 90 minutes, like a maniac. But I don't think he was ready last season yet, this season however could be his breakthrough.
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

October 26, 2017, 03:54:04 AM
Reply #749

Lxxx

I said players like Willian are unfortunately never going to end up at Everton. It's a fair statement. The lad is in the top tier of talent and it's a market we're not in I'm afraid. Just telling it like it is, I wish it wasn't true.