November 21, 2018, 09:35:19 AM

Author Topic: Chelsea v Everton Carabao Cup  (Read 29388 times)

October 26, 2017, 03:30:45 AM
Reply #15

Lxxx

Not a single outfield player that we bought this summer is on the pitch.

Telling.

And the best half of football all season.

October 26, 2017, 03:32:02 AM
Reply #16

Lxxx

A very rare 90 mins for Mirallas

Still contributes the square root of nothing.

October 26, 2017, 03:34:44 AM
Reply #17

Lxxx

Schneiderlin should be told to keep his match day boots at home for the next week or so.

October 26, 2017, 03:36:43 AM
Reply #18

Lxxx

Those are the type of players we will never see at Goodison Park unfortunately. Match winners.

October 26, 2017, 03:39:35 AM
Reply #19

Lxxx

Well done Kenny in getting out of the way for that goal ! That both you cost us now !

The lad isn't all that is he. Not just on tonight's performance but in general. You can see why Koeman bought Martina really, we couldn't go into a season with just Kenny and Holgate in that position.

October 26, 2017, 03:41:19 AM
Reply #20

Lxxx

No need to praise them

Why? Players like Willian are what football is all about. The lad is top quality. Not ashamed to say I like watching him play.

October 26, 2017, 03:44:22 AM
Reply #21

Lxxx

Second half performance made me proud best performance of the season by a country mile, we outplayed, outstripped and out fought Chelsea, how the fuck we are out is beyond me.

Now I'm sceptical of Moshiri's genuine football knowledge but if he has some he'd see in that second half a completely different side, with not one new signing finishing the game (apart from Pickford). Result didn't really matter, we're on the right track.

October 26, 2017, 03:48:32 AM
Reply #22

Lxxx

I'm more worried about Davies form at the moment than Rooney's think he needs a break and hopefully having Baningime and Mc Carthy as options will allow him to have a break.

Yeh he's been struggling for a while now. It's been a pretty big ascent for the lad in the space of 12 months, wouldn't hurt to have a breather.

October 26, 2017, 03:50:35 AM
Reply #23

Lxxx

Turn on the stream midway the 2nd half to see Rooney in the left back position.

Fuck OFF!!

He just needs to stick either directly up top or just in behind the striker

Impossible, even under instructions not to. He's his own worst enemy.

October 26, 2017, 03:51:38 AM
Reply #24

Lxxx

Wasn't it said that Koeman basically fucked the U23s off. And the whole time we've had Beni waiting. Bet Unsworth will take great delight in that display from the kid.

To think we were even playing Besic ahead of him. He deserves binning just for that.

October 26, 2017, 03:54:04 AM
Reply #25

Lxxx

Because.... this is Everton... they (Willain has been Chelsea'a best player for over two years) are very good there is no doubt about that but it is so easy for everyone to see that there is no need to tell us that ;)  ... but this is just my opinion nothing more.  But why tell us that we will never get a ball winner like that? How on earth could you know that?

I said players like Willian are unfortunately never going to end up at Everton. It's a fair statement. The lad is in the top tier of talent and it's a market we're not in I'm afraid. Just telling it like it is, I wish it wasn't true.

October 26, 2017, 03:59:18 AM
Reply #26

Lxxx

Say what you like about Niasse's technical ability but he's an honest nuisance in the final third and things happen when he comes off the bench. He'll get a bear hug from Unsy in the dressing room, poor lad.

October 26, 2017, 04:36:57 AM
Reply #27

Lxxx

Says it all from Rhino

Making all the right signs. A good badge thump always hits the spot. He knows the drill, this is as much about how he acts as well.

October 26, 2017, 04:56:08 PM
Reply #28

Lxxx

In games where we’re expecting to have good amounts of possession it might be a struggle creatively with possession.

We’d probably have to play a more creative player instead of either Mirallas or Lennon who are also direct players.

Vlasic for Mirallas every week from now on for me. Get the lad a run of games to learn the position and create some understanding with Baines. He's the first player since Ossie and Pienaar who you can fizz a ball in to and know it'll stick. Baines will have some comfort knowing he can fire his diagonal balls in and get on his bike for a return knowing he's not left a huge gap to be exposed.
I would go as far as saying get out some old clips of Pienaar in his pomp of what we need from that side. Unsworth will get that. The ability to link, buy cheap free kicks, play reverse passes and generally be a creative outlet from the left. Vlasic has more in his locker offensively too it looks like.