December 19, 2018, 02:57:17 AM

Author Topic: Chelsea v Everton Carabao Cup  (Read 30610 times)

October 26, 2017, 02:40:30 AM
Read 30610 times

Major Clanger

Commentator calling Jags "YAG-ielka" and it's doing my head in.

Originally it was pronounced Yag (as indeed it is in the Polish royal dynasty Jagiellon), but when you embed a name into a different language, you have to alter it to fit the vocal character of the host language, so Jags it is.
I didn't even remember I had a signature.

October 26, 2017, 03:38:42 AM
Reply #1

Major Clanger

What we've seen is that you can't make miracles in a single training session. No big surprises there.

But we created chances (at least in the 2nd half), we pressed them hard, we played like a team in poor form, not like 11 individuals in poor form, we showed some of the elements that could be used to win games.

And a promising debut for Beni.

October 26, 2017, 03:50:54 AM
Reply #2

Major Clanger

I can't remember the last time I was this upbeat after a defeat, which is admittedly a weird feeling.

October 26, 2017, 03:53:32 AM
Reply #3

Major Clanger

Wasn't it said that Koeman basically fucked the U23s off. And the whole time we've had Beni waiting. Bet Unsworth will take great delight in that display from the kid.

I saw him a couple of times for the U23s last year and he was head and shoulders above the level of that league. If you watch ressie matches, you will know how rarely players close down and tackle properly, he did all of that for 90 minutes, like a maniac. But I don't think he was ready last season yet, this season however could be his breakthrough.

October 26, 2017, 03:59:07 AM
Reply #4

Major Clanger

Hope he keeps most of that team in, they deserve it.

Also show Glyfi and Co. that they dont have any automatic right to a place, 45m or not.

I think that will be a relief for them, and with less pressure and better organisation their performances might start to pick up. Or they might not, we'll have to wait and see. Sigurdsson we know is not a bad player, Klaassen I'm not so sure about.

October 26, 2017, 05:17:33 AM
Reply #5

Major Clanger

October 26, 2017, 05:23:12 AM
Reply #6

Major Clanger

fuck, so do we have to say "Ben-YEE" now, too?

:)

It was just a joke, I don't know what his nickname is.

October 26, 2017, 05:47:57 AM
Reply #7

Major Clanger

Under Koeman we had the footballing equivalent of Erectile Dysfunction but tonight we had a good semi which shows signs that this bad boy will be up, erect and firing on all cylinders again soon.

This is just between you and me but if your... erm, first team fires on all cylinders, I think you should see a doctor.