November 21, 2017, 09:51:22 PM

Author Topic: Chelsea v Everton Carabao Cup  (Read 10718 times)

October 26, 2017, 05:34:47 AM
Reply #810

cantoffee

Really wish Jags could play every game. Amazing how he has been our best CB for nearly a decade now.

October 26, 2017, 05:35:21 AM
Reply #811

Redartin

Under Koeman we had the footballing equivalent of Erectile Dysfunction but tonight we had a good semi which shows signs that this bad boy will be up, erect and firing on all cylinders again soon.
He is a Moyes dressed up in Ancelotti clothes.

October 26, 2017, 05:43:23 AM
Reply #812

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Brainstorming on a new song, so it's In a raw form at the moment

To the tune of The Lion Sleeps tonight

In the midfield, the mighty midfield, The Beni plays tonight

In the midfield, the mighty midfield,The Beni plays tonight

Baningime Baningime Baningime Baningime
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

October 26, 2017, 05:43:29 AM
Reply #813

Django

NSNO Subscriber
He's not always right but he regularly gives bits of information that come true long before it's common knowledge.

I don't know why you bother coming on here to be honest, all you ever do is moan about "people on here" and dismiss any stories or rumours as rubbish.

Cheers Gash.

I pass on whatever I get hold of as often as I can. Won’t always be spot on as sources differ but I’ve began to get on to who gets the good stuff and will pass that on as often as possible.

October 26, 2017, 05:47:57 AM
Reply #814

Major Clanger

Under Koeman we had the footballing equivalent of Erectile Dysfunction but tonight we had a good semi which shows signs that this bad boy will be up, erect and firing on all cylinders again soon.

This is just between you and me but if your... erm, first team fires on all cylinders, I think you should see a doctor.
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

October 26, 2017, 05:50:47 AM
Reply #815

Redartin

This is just between you and me but if your... erm, first team fires on all cylinders, I think you should see a doctor.

Don't worry it'll come good.
 :badum:
He is a Moyes dressed up in Ancelotti clothes.

October 26, 2017, 06:13:25 AM
Reply #816

Django

NSNO Subscriber
After the initial excitement of rhino in charge and a new debutant, I thought the 1st half was pretty much the usual us under RK.

The goal we conceded 1st half was absolutely pathetic, leaving a player unmarked on the back stick like that is poor. Other than for that goal and apart from the Willian goal against very tired legs, I thought we nullified them pretty well.

Second half we were like a different side. One I haven't seen in a long long time. Crazy how we've got a model pro like Aaron Lennon who is blessed with pace and link up play unable to get in a side crying out for width.

I feel like this could be a resurrection for a number of members of the squad which will ensure a real feel good factor around us.

It's early, early days but hearing Unsworth's words of encouragement and passion from the touchline I think it's only a matter of time before we see OUR Everton back.

October 26, 2017, 06:17:47 AM
Reply #817

Ridge

I'm not entirely sure "the Beni plays tonight" sounds complimentary.

Could have "the Rhino roars tonight"

October 26, 2017, 06:18:12 AM
Reply #818

Evertonian in NC

After the initial excitement of rhino in charge and a new debutant, I thought the 1st half was pretty much the usual us under RK.

The goal we conceded 1st half was absolutely pathetic, leaving a player unmarked on the back stick like that is poor. Other than for that goal and apart from the Willian goal against very tired legs, I thought we nullified them pretty well.

Second half we were like a different side. One I haven't seen in a long long time. Crazy how we've got a model pro like Aaron Lennon who is blessed with pace and link up play unable to get in a side crying out for width.

I feel like this could be a resurrection for a number of members of the squad which will ensure a real feel good factor around us.

It's early, early days but hearing Unsworth's words of encouragement and passion from the touchline I think it's only a matter of time before we see OUR Everton back.

Lennon and Jags really stood out for me in the second half, if nothing else, for their sheer determination.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

October 26, 2017, 06:21:28 AM
Reply #819

Django

NSNO Subscriber
Lennon and Jags really stood out for me in the second half, if nothing else, for their sheer determination.

Jags has been such a player for us that it kind of goes as a given for me that he'll give his all.

Lennon was just forgotten about for me, never thought we'd see him again and he's one of my favourite players when he plays like that.

Give him his due as well, Ashley Williams for as limited and shite as he is, has really stepped it up in recent weeks. Just really seems like he wants it to work for us.

October 26, 2017, 07:12:39 AM
Reply #820

Jamokachi

Such a marked improvement from the game against Arsenal...

October 26, 2017, 12:12:53 PM
Reply #821

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber

Was thinking more along the lines of 'Beni Baningime(A man in the midfield)....' to the Abba song?
Cordiali saluti, motherfuckers.

October 26, 2017, 12:40:42 PM
Reply #822

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

The switch to 4-2-3-1 in the 2nd, with Davies pushed up to the 10 role reduced the distances between midfield and the attackers which helped both getting closer with the pressing and also our own ball retention.

October 26, 2017, 12:43:20 PM
Reply #823

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I mean, with that size, speed, and tackling ability...what more can you ask in terms of raw material for a DM?

If we stay with 3 in midfield, why not Davies, Beni, Gana?

In games where we’re expecting to have good amounts of possession it might be a struggle creatively with possession.

We’d probably have to play a more creative player instead of either Mirallas or Lennon who are also direct players.

October 26, 2017, 12:59:33 PM
Reply #824

KoemansNumberTens

Hope the likes of Sigurdsson, Klassen, Sandro and Schneiderlin were watching that tonight just to remind them what footballers fucking are.

Bit harsh: they've been shit but no worse than most who we saw had vastly improved last night. They deserve the same clean slate