November 19, 2017, 06:39:13 PM

Author Topic: Chelsea v Everton Carabao Cup  (Read 10339 times)

October 26, 2017, 01:00:42 PM
Reply #825

Toddacelli

There seemed to be a lot more trust out there too, which meant players weren't on top of each other trying to help and getting in the way, so when we won the ball back we had good shape and players were where they should be.

I think it says a lot about the change in attitude that there is not only trust in each other on the pitch - but in young players like Davies, Kenny and Super-Beni to take care of the ball and use it well.

Apart from Rooney of course. I love him but he's got to stop thinking he's the best player in the squad (even though he is) and stop hunting for the ball in all areas of the pitch to help out his teammates (because it doesn't).

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

October 26, 2017, 02:13:05 PM
Reply #826

Paddockoldie

Under Koeman we had the footballing equivalent of Erectile Dysfunction but tonight we had a good semi which shows signs that this bad boy will be up, erect and firing on all cylinders again soon.

I thought it was a fourth round game not a semi?

October 26, 2017, 02:25:53 PM
Reply #827

Rodenplav64

Brainstorming on a new song, so it's In a raw form at the moment

To the tune of The Lion Sleeps tonight

In the midfield, the mighty midfield, The Beni plays tonight

In the midfield, the mighty midfield,The Beni plays tonight

Baningime Baningime Baningime Baningime

I hope he never plays for us again ....................

October 26, 2017, 04:21:38 PM
Reply #828

Tofifee

Brainstorming on a new song, so it's In a raw form at the moment

To the tune of The Lion Sleeps tonight

In the midfield, the mighty midfield, The Beni plays tonight

In the midfield, the mighty midfield,The Beni plays tonight

Baningime Baningime Baningime Baningime

Thats clever, very clever
BUT
I guarantee you, the PC brigade would be all over that with the connotations involved.....
I wouldnt shout it, any ref to a jungle is a BAD idea

October 26, 2017, 04:36:59 PM
Reply #829

ally2

October 26, 2017, 04:40:40 PM
Reply #830

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Really wish Jags could play every game. Amazing how he has been our best CB for nearly a decade now.

And realistically speaking we should have upgraded 5 years ago. We hold on to players too long and struggle to replace or upgrade.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

October 26, 2017, 04:56:08 PM
Reply #831

Lxxx

In games where we’re expecting to have good amounts of possession it might be a struggle creatively with possession.

We’d probably have to play a more creative player instead of either Mirallas or Lennon who are also direct players.

Vlasic for Mirallas every week from now on for me. Get the lad a run of games to learn the position and create some understanding with Baines. He's the first player since Ossie and Pienaar who you can fizz a ball in to and know it'll stick. Baines will have some comfort knowing he can fire his diagonal balls in and get on his bike for a return knowing he's not left a huge gap to be exposed.
I would go as far as saying get out some old clips of Pienaar in his pomp of what we need from that side. Unsworth will get that. The ability to link, buy cheap free kicks, play reverse passes and generally be a creative outlet from the left. Vlasic has more in his locker offensively too it looks like.

October 26, 2017, 05:01:55 PM
Reply #832

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
How's about
Oh Beni beningime to the same tune of oh Kevin mirallas

Simply simply lovely

October 26, 2017, 05:14:58 PM
Reply #833

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Thats clever, very clever
BUT
I guarantee you, the PC brigade would be all over that with the connotations involved.....
I wouldnt shout it, any ref to a jungle is a BAD idea

Ah man

I promise there was no racist agenda 😩
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

October 26, 2017, 05:43:53 PM
Reply #834

Bluedylan

Anyone who can get Baningime to scan to the lyrics of a well known song deserves all the passes in the book. I salute you Stealth.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

October 26, 2017, 05:46:37 PM
Reply #835

Tinga

YMCA might fit

It's fun to play at the E...F...C.

October 26, 2017, 06:02:14 PM
Reply #836

TheTone

YMCA might fit

The PC brigade would have a field day with that too

:batty:

October 26, 2017, 06:07:28 PM