March 22, 2018, 04:19:27 PM

Author Topic: Koeman Sacked  (Read 16891 times)

February 13, 2018, 08:05:19 PM
Reply #450

Especially in the case of Mahrez recently. Denying him the chance to move to the top of his profession after he's helped them perform a miracle and win the league, and they'd also make a 15,000% markup on him, was a bit shitty to be honest. He'll never reach the Champions League or probably win a trophy again for Leicester and they'll probably never get another offer of 60m for him.

But you cant have it both ways, he was happy to sign a 4/5 year contract, probably tripling his wages. If his form dipped the club would be forced to pay that, or if he got injured and was out for a season. I personally would have let Mahrez go as it wasnt the first occasion but it needs to be both ways

February 14, 2018, 07:00:09 AM
Reply #451

I think with Mahrez you keep him as long as you can, you can't replace him. leicester will still get a big fee next Jan if you really want to piss him off. I think 100m+ is not unreasonable and would likely be more achievable in summer.

He won them the title alright. I think you never really allow the best players to leave, they have release clauses or run down their contract so you're forced to take a price. Either that or start getting pictured with bongs and prostitutes or piss everyone off sufficiently to seek an exit. Things can change in 6 months and even if he sulks for a bit, he'll want to play at some point, between windows you have fresh if diminishing chance to renegotiate new contract, maybe give a release clause, 3/4 of the year is outside a transfer window.

Plenty of players have downed tools only to pick them back up not long after. And plenty of those have gone on to sign new contracts with existing club, it sometimes just needs more hope, new manager and a much bigger pile of money. Only clubs get to interact or negotiate directly with them on regular basis. Lukaku gave Koeman a chance to move us on and even when he hadn't, he still nearly signed. I think in January you're always going to get some very good players feeling the season is over, so you tend to get more strops.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 07:01:24 AM by Ridge »