September 18, 2018, 08:28:34 PM

Author Topic: Koeman Sacked  (Read 23269 times)

March 29, 2018, 03:21:53 AM
Reply #465

Ridge

Think it's pretty common in most cases, it's paid up until the end of contract, unless you take another job. But in both Martinez and Koeman's case, they took international jobs, which presumably doesn't stop compensation payments.

We sacked Martinez and hired Koeman before Martinez got Belgium job. So we hadn't been burned once, before we agreed terms in same manner.

March 29, 2018, 03:32:07 AM
Reply #466

chang

Don't see the problem with it myself -  not bother working and Everton pay 100% of the outstanding contract, as it is the Dutch FA are paying a little bit and us the rest - what ever the amount is will be a saving on what we owe him ?

March 29, 2018, 03:35:02 AM
Reply #467

Jamokachi

Don't see the problem with it myself -  not bother working and Everton pay 100% of the outstanding contract, as it is the Dutch FA are paying a little bit and us the rest - what ever the amount is will be a saving on what we owe him ?

It's true that we're paying less than if he remained unemployed. Still, it's good to fume.

On a seperate note I like that turn of phrase I just coined. Maybe we could replace "the people's club" with it?

Everton: It's Good to Fume

March 29, 2018, 05:14:16 AM
Reply #468

Alanvideo

..............that would appear to be the case but as said earlier the Dutch have been smart enough to take advantage .
We are special ,we are Everton.

March 29, 2018, 06:40:54 AM
Reply #469

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Our own stupid fault for not providing him with the means to be successful.
"If you believe it will work out, you’ll see opportunities. If you believe it won’t, you will see obstacles." – Wayne Dyer

March 29, 2018, 07:13:04 AM
Reply #470

kramer0

Our own stupid fault for not providing him with the means to be successful.

Huh? He had more than a Ronald Koeman should ever have. The only thing we didn't give him was Sammy Lee.

He didn't succeed because he had crap ideas about how to play football* and crap taste in players.

* Defense first, lots of crossing in attack. Sound like anyone? Koeman is basically just Moyes/Allardyce with a stellar playing career to hide behind.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 07:14:15 AM by kramer0 »

March 29, 2018, 07:46:19 AM
Reply #471

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Huh? He had more than a Ronald Koeman should ever have. The only thing we didn't give him was Sammy Lee.

He didn't succeed because he had crap ideas about how to play football* and crap taste in players.

* Defense first, lots of crossing in attack. Sound like anyone? Koeman is basically just Moyes/Allardyce with a stellar playing career to hide behind.
He wanted a striker and a left back for a start. Going into the season with an unbalanced squad killed him.

In hindsight I would have rather kept him than gone with what we have now.

I agree he wasn’t the answer but he was closer to it than fatso.
"If you believe it will work out, you’ll see opportunities. If you believe it won’t, you will see obstacles." – Wayne Dyer

March 29, 2018, 12:37:25 PM
Reply #472

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
I thought the Dutch would at least  go well,Dutch. The bastards.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

March 29, 2018, 09:19:39 PM
Reply #473

bacon sarnie

He'll turn the Dutch around & not having to buy players will help immensely.

March 30, 2018, 12:09:38 AM
Reply #474

gizzblue

He'll turn the Dutch around & not having to buy players will help immensely.
Long as they do well in the world c......oh wait 😅😅

March 30, 2018, 07:53:06 AM
Reply #475

Ross

Fucking shambles....

....erm

#itsmoshirismoney
« Last Edit: March 30, 2018, 07:55:54 AM by Ross »
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

March 30, 2018, 11:16:09 PM
Reply #476

bacon sarnie

Long as they do well in the world c......oh wait 😅😅

Did I tell you they're not in it?

March 30, 2018, 11:18:19 PM
Reply #477

gizzblue

March 31, 2018, 12:32:20 AM
Reply #478

bacon sarnie