November 25, 2017, 07:53:03 AM

Author Topic: Koeman Sacked  (Read 9265 times)

October 23, 2017, 08:30:10 PM
Reply #90

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
We need someone who gets us, Koeman never did and I'd be worried that a foreign manager without prem experience wouldn't get us either

Moyes gets us and with decent money to spend could work well, so he was ambitious and wanted to go to one of the biggest clubs in the world, who would turn it down ? So he wanted some of our players, every manager likes to take players he knows, big deal.

deCoubertin

October 23, 2017, 08:30:35 PM
Reply #91

blueski

probably something will be leaked by koeman or his agent to shed light on the goings on regarding player recruitment if he genuinely believes the club let him down by not delivering his targets - he will want to distance himself from the failure to try and get his next job in football
Nil Satis

October 23, 2017, 08:30:42 PM
Reply #92

Tinga

I want someone who loves the players, i want someone who wil get the players running through brick walls for them.

Hopefully not in the literal sense.

October 23, 2017, 08:30:52 PM
Reply #93

Bluedylan

don't shoot the messenger...

i'm hearing fonseca ? (spelling)

Maybe it's time to take your meds again, and the voices might stop?
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

October 23, 2017, 08:32:01 PM
Reply #94

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Well it would free up his position and salary to bring in someone more effective, that's how it improves the situation, would have thought that was pretty obvious.

October 23, 2017, 08:32:04 PM
Reply #95

bigmanbob

Moyes gets us and with decent money to spend could work well, so he was ambitious and wanted to go to one of the biggest clubs in the world, who would turn it down ? So he wanted some of our players, every manager likes to take players he knows, big deal.
Yes he totally got us, however I don't want someone who has been a mess at his last couple of clubs

October 23, 2017, 08:32:23 PM
Reply #96

BlueForYou

SWALK, eh Audrey?
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

October 23, 2017, 08:32:26 PM
Reply #97

TheTone

probably something will be leaked by koeman or his agent to shed light on the goings on regarding player recruitment if he genuinely believes the club let him down by not delivering his targets - he will want to distance himself from the failure to try and get his next job in football

nailed on west ham

October 23, 2017, 08:33:25 PM
Reply #98

GrantyBoy78

don't shoot the messenger...

i'm hearing fonseca ? (spelling)
Massively risky. I think the board will go for Dyche and he’s probably the most realistic, responsible choice.

I understand the ‘big time’ thinking by going after Ancelotti but he’s used to having a world class squad. He’s not know for his pragmatism or ‘making do’.

We might not want to hear it but this season is about survival, not about long term aspirations.

October 23, 2017, 08:33:50 PM
Reply #99

everton1952

By the time you find out that Unsworth can't hack it we are too far gone to be saved, except by Big Sam who has to win the last 5 games to keep us up. You don't pass management of a big club like us to the likes of Unsworth, nice chap that I am sure he is.  Rabbit in the headlights? Or just another  Shakespeare we all feel sorry for a bit later. Think big, otherwise it could be 3 managers in one season.. 

October 23, 2017, 08:33:56 PM
Reply #100

Lxxx

Yeh I really loved his 'knife to a gunfight' mentality. Made me think he could really take us places.

October 23, 2017, 08:34:07 PM
Reply #101

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Following Fergie wa a hospital pass as was taking on on already doomed Sunderland and zero cash, Spain is Spai, not every English manager will succed there.

October 23, 2017, 08:35:18 PM
Reply #102

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Yeh I really loved his 'knife to a gunfight' mentality. Made me think he could really take us places.

How many of our other managers have taken us into the Champions league since it's inception ?

October 23, 2017, 08:35:21 PM
Reply #103

Waltzer

If Moyes gets it I’m done. Such a backwards step, from someone who purposely let his contract expire to make himself more appealing to others. He’s not the answer.
Ancelotti
Silva
Howe

In that order

October 23, 2017, 08:39:19 PM
Reply #104

Sixx1402

Wow just seen it, got to say i'm surprised they pulled the trigger but i'm glad they did as we've looked dire

Ok first things first: He's the fall guy but its deffo not all his fault, he didn't get the centre forward he wanted or the other left sided defender he wanted so didn't have all the tools. That must be down to Walsh and/or the board.

But unfortunately even without those we shouldn't have been anywhere near as bad as we've been and that falls on him. I looks like the relentless pursuit of Sig was his call and that was a crazy transfer from start to finish - way too much to pay, after the signing of Rooney is didn't make much sense.

We were crying out for a goal scorer and some pace so why not go after those types instead of Sig. Made absolutely no sense to me at the time and doesn't now obviously.

The new guy will have a problem sorting out a system with this squad as some of these number 10's will have to be left out, you just can't play them all

Marco Silva for me, guy looks class but i doubt he'd leave so soon after joining Watford. I've got to say i've no idea who they'll go for but it will be an interesting few weeks.

Regardless of any of this we need to get back to basics and start getting some points on the board or we are going to really be in the shit
Ahh.....Boucheenie i presume