October 22, 2018, 10:37:33 AM

Author Topic: Koeman Sacked  (Read 24477 times)

October 24, 2017, 08:42:36 PM
Reply #15

Lxxx

Let's be honest, Niasse treatment notwithstanding, his methods of working and man management have come under scrutiny wherever he's been it seems. We had a post-Martinez bounce in which it could be argued anyone with a degree of professionalism and managerial experience would have lifted that group of players from the depths they were in, and he got an extra 20% on top due to people wanting to impress a legend of the game. Since then it's unravelled quickly and he's alienated quite a few popular players.

Looking back his treatment of Barkley was met with mixed reactions at the time but he was given the benefit of the doubt as he was Ronald Koeman. Maybe now, if Barkley signs, we'll see a rejuvenated Ross freed from the old self-limiting shackles and given a fresh start. Although God knows where he'll play seeing as we have about a dozen players for about three positions now.

October 25, 2017, 03:18:59 PM
Reply #16

Lxxx

A lot of the stuff being drip fed out now doesnít reflect well on him to be honest. If even half of it is true itís no wonder it looked like morale was low.
There are ways to act as a decent human being which ensures you get respect and it looks like he was lacking in that regards.

October 25, 2017, 05:52:18 PM
Reply #17

Lxxx

October 25, 2017, 06:27:30 PM
Reply #18

Lxxx

He had no intention of becoming our manager, turned us down blaming someone at the club for making his possible appointment public, when in reality he used us to get a hefty payrise from Sky,

I don't think that was entirely true. He'd have been silly not to at least give it some serious thought.

February 13, 2018, 06:40:45 PM
Reply #19

Lxxx

We are a stepping-stone club.

Have we ever been any different this generation?

February 13, 2018, 07:56:16 PM
Reply #20

Lxxx

I get the sentiment like. But, at the end of the day, they are employees and deserve the same legal rights and protections as you or I.

If i wanted to leave my current employer (even if doing so would make me a tit and leave colleagues struggling) then i am and should be allowed to do so.

Especially in the case of Mahrez recently. Denying him the chance to move to the top of his profession after he's helped them perform a miracle and win the league, and they'd also make a 15,000% markup on him, was a bit shitty to be honest. He'll never reach the Champions League or probably win a trophy again for Leicester and they'll probably never get another offer of £60m for him.

March 28, 2018, 10:51:21 PM
Reply #21

Lxxx

Who the fuck does the commercial negotiations at the club? Seriously if this was any other industry other than football, with the amounts of money involved, they would have an army of legal and contractual experts crawling all over the commercials of every aspect of the business. Maybe other clubs do it properly but we seem to scrimp at employing suitably qualified personnel in most areas of the business.