November 21, 2017, 01:27:50 AM

Author Topic: Koeman Sacked  (Read 8899 times)

October 23, 2017, 09:28:34 PM
Reply #165

BlueBeagle

Pretty sure he won the dutch title didn't he.

So did Steve McClaren mate

deCoubertin

October 23, 2017, 09:29:06 PM
Reply #166

Lazarou

Well according to quite a few of our fans even posters on here alluded to it, Koeman was the main reason Barkley wanted to leave....Let's wait and see eh.

I am looking forward to see how that pans out. Could be the big indicator of our nosedive into the abyss. If he decides to stay now he has gone that is a massive fuck you to Koeman and his managerial style.

October 23, 2017, 09:29:25 PM
Reply #167

Lxxx

Well according to quite a few of our fans even posters on here alluded to it, Koeman was the main reason Barkley wanted to leave....Let's wait and see eh.

All depends on whether Spurs still want him. Most players would walk to WHL to play under Poch I would have thought.

October 23, 2017, 09:30:25 PM
Reply #168

hill135

Koeman might have been a bit of a biff to him behind the scenes but he wants to leave cos Spurs have been in his ear since before Ron arrived.

He ain't staying lads.

October 23, 2017, 09:30:57 PM
Reply #169

Tinga

oh hey..We can do that 'Porto guy' thing again with Fonseca.

October 23, 2017, 09:33:27 PM
Reply #170

Faceatthefence

I am looking forward to see how that pans out. Could be the big indicator of our nosedive into the abyss. If he decides to stay now he has gone that is a massive fuck you to Koeman and his managerial style.
Ross just pulled the splint from down his duds!
Night comes down and finds you alone
In a space and time of your own
Lost in dreams in world full of shadows.

October 23, 2017, 09:34:24 PM
Reply #171

Tony Clifton

Hope he didn't forget to pack his little pet "footballer", Cuco, this time.

October 23, 2017, 09:36:55 PM
Reply #172

boothill

I think giving it to unsy for next few games is leaving us in good hands, to say he doesnt know the prem or hasnt got experience isnt at all fair, stepped in before, succesful with the u23s, so knows how to set a team up. Probably knows more about the opposition we face than most of the foriegn coaches mentioned. Give the guy a go till we know more about who is coming in

October 23, 2017, 09:37:40 PM
Reply #173

D15TIN

How can anyone suggest that we have any ambition if we pass the reigns to Unsworth? I have no clue who to go for, but other than the next two games  let us go for someone will some credibility. Unsworth can pick his wonderful U23 team if he likes and we are relegated by  February.  This is the big time we are in, not the Sunday league.
What good is it in the mess were in taking a manager who knows very little about the club & players, whats wrong with employing from within, could have a brilliant manager in unsworth - give him a shot for the next month or so and see how were doing.

October 23, 2017, 09:38:02 PM
Reply #174

Everton Mint

Koeman isnt a bad manager... his Soton spell and first season here showed that.

But the summer transfer window screwed everything, esp the 3 no.10's and not gettng a Lukaku replacement.

Whoever we get will have a job on.

October 23, 2017, 09:38:29 PM
Reply #175

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Koeman might have been a bit of a biff to him behind the scenes but he wants to leave cos Spurs have been in his ear since before Ron arrived.

He ain't staying lads.

It's a slim chance I'd agree. Especially since Spurs are killing it right now. Who'd not want to join them?

However, if we did get someone like Tuchel and we started to show a different mentality and Barkley was central to that again, mix in a huge offer and given we're his boyhood club there might be that desire to give it one more go.

Not holding my breath though.

Given our situation I think we'd be crazy to let him go in January though. We should at least see him finish up the season with us.

October 23, 2017, 09:43:47 PM
Reply #176

Lxxx

I will be hugely disappointed if I even see the words Cuco Martina ever again let alone see the lad in an Everton shirt.

October 23, 2017, 09:44:36 PM
Reply #177

Everton Mint

I love Unsy and he's done a great job with the U23's, but throwing him in in our current situation is a massive ask.

Someone like him could've come in after Moyes with us a strong team, but now isnt the time.

October 23, 2017, 09:46:12 PM
Reply #178

Sixx1402

And so it begins

https://twitter.com/AgentMike_/status/922443744590249984

Oh my god please. Any of them would be great i reckon

Very unlikely though, Ancelotti and Tuchel both turned down approaches from Leicester i've heard

Are we a bigger draw? Hmmmm
Ahh.....Boucheenie i presume

October 23, 2017, 09:48:20 PM
Reply #179

Major Clanger

I love Unsy and he's done a great job with the U23's, but throwing him in in our current situation is a massive ask.

Someone like him could've come in after Moyes with us a strong team, but now isnt the time.

On the other hand, coming in from an absolute car crash like the Koeman era makes things a lot easier too. We're so low now that if he sorts out the basics, fans will be happy, or at least stay onside. Whereas coming in after the relative success of Moyes and with elevated ambitions can be trickier to manage. But, as you say, it's easier in other respects because you start out with something that basically works.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 09:49:46 PM by Major Clanger »
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel