November 18, 2017, 01:44:29 AM

Author Topic: Koeman Sacked  (Read 8582 times)

October 24, 2017, 12:40:53 AM
Reply #240

American Evertonian

The thing that makes this a little worse is that we paid so much for Koeman's number one target and our new manager may not even end up rating him...
A ship is safe in the harbor, but that's not what ships are for.

deCoubertin

October 24, 2017, 12:46:03 AM
Reply #241

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
Fair play to Ross Barkley, he's played a fuckin blinder here.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

October 24, 2017, 12:47:59 AM
Reply #242

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber

Was thinking the same. not as dumb as he looks
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

October 24, 2017, 12:51:31 AM
Reply #243

boothill

Made me chuckle

October 24, 2017, 12:53:08 AM
Reply #244

eyesalwaysblue

Nostradamus.
I still despise Clive Thomas..

October 24, 2017, 12:53:17 AM
Reply #245

WeimaranerBlues

Would love Ross to come out now and sign a new deal , even if he has acted like a bit of a bell,     said ages ago Ron could be gone before Ross,   i also said the same about Pep and Joe Hart but don't think that will happen.

October 24, 2017, 12:56:41 AM
Reply #246

Gash

Global Moderator
The whole hierarchy at the club need to take a look at themselves. It's all very well laying all the blame on Koeman and he deserves a lot of it, but we've got a majority shareholder, chairman, chief executive, director of football etc and they should all shoulder some of the blame for the mess over the last 18-24 months, starting right back when we held on to Martinez for too long.

Moshiri's making all the right moves off the pitch, new ground, record sponsorship deals, clearing debt etc but on the pitch it's all been a bit of a mess and he comes across as almost a little naive. Koeman was a fairly 'safe' if uninspiring appointment and we even managed to drag that out. His first couple of window's weren't great then having started well with this summer's window they went on to make an absolute mess of it and failed in their biggest objective, replacing Lukaku or at least getting someone of a decent pedigree in. That's before we go down the route of all his stupid conversations with Jim White, the biggest attention seeking bellend on Sky who's absolutely lapping it up.

We got Walsh in, who as far as I was aware the manager answers to the DOF yet none of them had the bollocks to walk away from the Sigurdsson deal even though it was becoming clear that we were about to get out pants pulled down to get him and we were still woefully short up front. I've no idea what Steve Walsh even does (scouting trip to Italy proved fruitful) but it's beginning to look increasingly like the story that he discovered Mahrez and Kante (I'm not even sure he did) and Leicester's league win has elevated him to a position beyond that of his abilities.

Koeman's rightfully gone and not many tears will be shed but there's a hell of a lot of lessons need learned over the last 18-20 months, I just hope they can as this is now a massive appointment for the club, two managers sacked in 18 months, we can ill afford to fuck this one up as well. 
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 01:05:16 AM by Gash »

October 24, 2017, 12:57:55 AM
Reply #247

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

October 24, 2017, 01:00:09 AM
Reply #248

Macca77

October 24, 2017, 01:01:47 AM
Reply #249

ally2

Thank fuck. I'll be reveling in it big time.

That's cos you're an idiot

October 24, 2017, 01:04:30 AM
Reply #250

BlueBeagle

Wonder how safe Walsh's job is?

October 24, 2017, 01:05:31 AM
Reply #251

boothill

October 24, 2017, 01:08:19 AM
Reply #252

Bluedylan

Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

October 24, 2017, 01:09:05 AM
Reply #253

eyesalwaysblue

As Jim says "director of football..My Arse".......fuck it off
I still despise Clive Thomas..

October 24, 2017, 01:09:15 AM
Reply #254

Evertonian in NC

The thing that makes this a little worse is that we paid so much for Koeman's number one target and our new manager may not even end up rating him...

More likely Rooney is quietly moved aside (or used as an impact sub), if you ask me.  Sigurdsson is generally a well-regarded player, and he'll be used properly by the new manager, I'd bet.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin