November 20, 2017, 06:36:25 AM

Author Topic: Koeman Sacked  (Read 8811 times)

October 24, 2017, 01:09:19 AM
Reply #255

Simon Paul

Administrator
Said it ages ago and got shot down about Ross waiting for Koeman to go before signing a new deal.

deCoubertin

October 24, 2017, 01:10:40 AM
Reply #256

montanatoffeefan

Just seen a statement posted on fb from the club

I expect to see this post again in the 'Most Liked Messages of the Week' thread.
Everton forever.

October 24, 2017, 01:11:15 AM
Reply #257

Juanito

If Walsh doesn’t go to then there is something wrong with our board. He is just, if not more, culpable than Koeman

Yes, 70 million for Klaassen and Sigurdsson. Shrewd purchases that needed a top class director of football who can unveil hidden gems in the European transfer market.

October 24, 2017, 01:12:40 AM
Reply #258

Rodenplav64

More likely Rooney is quietly moved aside (or used as an impact sub), if you ask me.  Sigurdsson is generally a well-regarded player, and he'll be used properly by the new manager, I'd bet.

We would be even more in the shit without Rooney .

October 24, 2017, 01:14:20 AM
Reply #259

montanatoffeefan

The whole hierarchy at the club need to take a look at themselves. It's all very well laying all the blame on Koeman and he deserves a lot of it, but we've got a majority shareholder, chairman, chief executive, director of football etc and they should all shoulder some of the blame for the mess over the last 18-24 months, starting right back when we held on to Martinez for too long.

Moshiri's making all the right moves off the pitch, new ground, record sponsorship deals, clearing debt etc but on the pitch it's all been a bit of a mess and he comes across as almost a little naive. Koeman was a fairly 'safe' if uninspiring appointment and we even managed to drag that out. His first couple of window's weren't great then having started well with this summer's window they went on to make an absolute mess of it and failed in their biggest objective, replacing Lukaku or at least getting someone of a decent pedigree in. That's before we go down the route of all his stupid conversations with Jim White, the biggest attention seeking bellend on Sky who's absolutely lapping it up.

We got Walsh in, who as far as I was aware the manager answers to the DOF yet none of them had the bollocks to walk away from the Sigurdsson deal even though it was becoming clear that we were about to get out pants pulled down to get him and we were still woefully short up front. I've no idea what Steve Walsh even does (scouting trip to Italy proved fruitful) but it's beginning to look increasingly like the story that he discovered Mahrez and Kante (I'm not even sure he did) and Leicester's league win has elevated him to a position beyond that of his abilities.

Koeman's rightfully gone and not many tears will be shed but there's a hell of a lot of lessons need learned over the last 18-20 months, I just hope they can as this is now a massive appointment for the club, two managers sacked in 18 months, we can ill afford to fuck this one up as well. 

It's all quite strange and maybe someday we'll hear Koeman's side of the sad tale.

It's hard to imagine how he got this bad as a manager so fast...without some "help" from above.
Everton forever.

October 24, 2017, 01:14:27 AM
Reply #260

GrantyBoy78

Fair play to Ross Barkley, he's played a fuckin blinder here.
He’s still a fucking scab

October 24, 2017, 01:18:18 AM
Reply #261

Simon Paul

Administrator
The Echo going wild with the "he never got us" stuff.  Fancy that.

October 24, 2017, 01:18:57 AM
Reply #262

Mayor Farnum

Ancelotti is not going to get involved in a five year plan at this stage of his career. He takes on top clubs for a couple of years at a time and oversees their continued success.

The only thing we can offer him that his former clubs can't is Tuesday and Wednesday evenings off.

October 24, 2017, 01:21:03 AM
Reply #263

BlueForYou

First interview question -

"Do you get us?"
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

October 24, 2017, 01:21:14 AM
Reply #264

D_murph0278

He’s still a fucking scab

And the reason he probably wants to fuck off and leave is cos of the likes of you coming out with shit like that.
"One for Lineker to chase and just look at his pace."

October 24, 2017, 01:21:24 AM
Reply #265

Major Clanger

Yes, 70 million for Klaassen and Sigurdsson. Shrewd purchases that needed a top class director of football who can unveil hidden gems in the European transfer market.

Both obvious Koeman buys.
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

October 24, 2017, 01:23:18 AM
Reply #266

Waltzer

Both obvious Koeman buys.
That's am even more damming assessment of Walsh. Your basically saying Koeman took the piss and walked over him regardless

October 24, 2017, 01:24:04 AM
Reply #267

BlueForYou

First interview answer -

"Not as much as Roberto but more than Ronald"

Keep a happy medium
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

October 24, 2017, 01:26:30 AM
Reply #268

D_murph0278

That's am even more damming assessment of Walsh. Your basically saying Koeman took the piss and walked over him regardless

Bullshit. Koeman has the final say on his team and transfers. A fair few will be down to Walsh, who he will have recommended them to Koeman and got the nod of approval from him, but Klassen and Sigurdsson are clearly Koemans idea.
"One for Lineker to chase and just look at his pace."

October 24, 2017, 01:28:48 AM
Reply #269

Evertonian in NC

Walsh has to answer for the glaring lack of CB depth and LB cover.  The rest I think is indeed to pin at least 80% of the blame on Koeman.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin