November 23, 2017, 01:47:01 PM

Author Topic: Koeman Sacked  (Read 9112 times)

October 24, 2017, 03:17:49 AM
Reply #315

Ridge

The funny thing is I think Niasse actually would wish Koeman good luck and mean it.

Had plenty of opportunity to show it was personal or he held a grudge and never did. I assume Koeman turning away when he scored was partly because he was expecting Niasse might make a point and he did, for the ball. Was one of the only players still trying for him, as the ship was saved from fire, by sinking against Arsenal.

He has now got 4 goals in 180 mins, 3 of them were assists from Davies, 2 of the goals he won the ball in the first place. Now he gets to play for the manager who he played so hard for in the under 23s and who knows his qualities and believed in him.

Love this bit after the 2 goals at Bournemouth.

deCoubertin

October 24, 2017, 04:52:28 AM
Reply #316

bluestevie

Scenario for new manager after first three games -

Out of the League Cup

Bottom two

Out of the Europa Cup

That bloody Koeman

Or

Quarter Final of League Cup

Up 4-5 places in the league

Still with a slim chance of qualifying for Europa knockouts
'Diamonds are forever and so are the Horseman' - Arn Anderson

October 24, 2017, 04:52:49 AM
Reply #317

phillyt

Lots of varying views in this thread, including the bewildering idea that we have gone to early on koeman.

Personally would have binned him at half time in the atalanta match. I donít know whether it was a lack of skill or a lack of will but not being prepared for a massive game is totally unacceptable.

There is also the argument that the transfer window was a shambles. Personally I donít buy that. Replacing lukaku was never going to happen, but itís worth remembering that with or without his goals we would still have finished 7th. The fact is we have options at center forward, not great ones but options all the same. Between Calvert lewin, niasse and even the likes of mirralas he had players capable of playing that role if they had sufficient support or supply.
We have conceded 22 goals in 10 games the argument that a lack of striker is our main issue lacks credibility.

Just because he had 3 number 10s in the squad doesnít mean he had to play more than 1 at a time. Rooney is 32. He should be playing cup games and on the bench or as cover in the league. The only real disaster was martina who was definitely a koeman signing.

Steve Walshís job, as far as Iím aware, covers more than just the first team and he has pulled in a some good players at academy level. I think there is room for improvement but given koemans aloofness and apparent disinterest the question should be asked how supportive koeman was in the transfer process. As a player I imagine you want to know the manager or head coach wants you and is going to put you in the team. If Ronnie either neglected that or participated reluctantly and or sullenly I can see why giroud or whoever else we went for might have decided to stay put.

Iím excited to see what happens now. I think we will see an instant improvement. Chelsea will not have out a first choice team and we should be bang up for it. The fact the next three games are away might be a help rather than a hinderence. Apart from the Chelsea match (if they did put a strong team out) we should win both of those games. A couple of wins breeds confidence and then if can put a decent run together. Squeeze through in the EL thecseason suddenly looks a lot rosier.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 04:16:57 PM by phillyt »
I'm fat, but it's not my fault I have a genetic condition resulting in me retaining burgers.

October 24, 2017, 05:02:13 AM
Reply #318

KingOfNapaValley

October 24, 2017, 05:05:56 AM
Reply #319

Toddacelli

As much as I am happy Unsworth and co. are coming in for a few games and will probably improve feeling about the place regardless of results, I do want the replacement in place with plenty of time to plan for January spending. It will be absolutely crucial.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

October 24, 2017, 05:06:34 AM
Reply #320

bluenuck

Said it before and I'll say it again.

Marco Silva is the flavour of the month. Watford will finish 12-15 and no one will remember his name at the end of the season.

October 24, 2017, 05:07:32 AM
Reply #321

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber

Marco Silva is the flavour of the month. Watford will finish 12-15 and no one will remember his name at the end of the season.

You're running the risk of that being @Jimmywhack next sig!
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

October 24, 2017, 05:17:04 AM
Reply #322

Bally

Administrator
Said it ages ago and got shot down about Ross waiting for Koeman to go before signing a new deal.
We have audio proof, you said it on a podcast
It's the roll I way

October 24, 2017, 05:22:36 AM
Reply #323

Toddacelli

October 24, 2017, 05:24:36 AM
Reply #324

Toddacelli

October 24, 2017, 06:12:33 AM
Reply #325

Django

NSNO Subscriber
Really?? Are you serious?

I am. I just get the feeling that thereís something massively off with the performances under the last two managers. The players seem far to happy to throw in the towel at a momentís notice. Thereís no way our players arenít good enough, thereís an air of unprofessionalism around the whole club.

October 24, 2017, 06:26:38 AM
Reply #326

SANA_DR0

https://twitter.com/FootyAccums/status/921645768955572224

Koeman spoke about this  in the post match press conference after the Lyon match, he said something like he was dutch but he didnt help us, then went on a rant about what you posted.. lol
The only real things in this reality are how perspective is perceived and eventual death...

& Unsworth kicking ass.

October 24, 2017, 06:42:22 AM
Reply #327

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I am. I just get the feeling that there’s something massively off with the performances under the last two managers. The players seem far to happy to throw in the towel at a moment’s notice. There’s no way our players aren’t good enough, there’s an air of unprofessionalism around the whole club.

lol, edit:

Been a number of occasions in which we've just totally collapsed on the pitch with absolutely zero fight, going back to Roberto's reign. Worrying lack of mental strength.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 02:00:36 PM by brap2 »
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

October 24, 2017, 07:16:00 AM
Reply #328

Jamokachi

Southampton.

With whom Koeman had beef. Perhaps he doesn't work well in the structure we're now employing. Which should have been analysed before his appointment.

October 24, 2017, 10:32:52 AM
Reply #329

stirlingblue

Calm down Paul Merson