November 21, 2017, 04:17:38 PM

Author Topic: Unsworth  (Read 18549 times)

November 01, 2017, 01:09:19 PM
Reply #300

sirblue57

Very eloquently put but fuck off.

Short, succinct, and lacking in any point. Probably.your best post recently.
I'm the "trophy husband" from the game my wife regrets playing.

deCoubertin

November 01, 2017, 01:17:37 PM
Reply #301

sirblue57

Gosh,  through all the puking and threats never to go again and hoping the owners fuck off and other gross over reactions, people need to relax a bit and take stock of where we are. It is a mess for all sorts of reasons and will take someone experienced and very good at their job to get us out of the shit we are heading for. That rules out the learner Unsworth in my book. The vilification of Dyche and Allardyce is uncalled for. They are good at what they do. We are probably not an attractive proposition at this stage for any well known available "more prominent" managers from abroad or anywhere else. 3 year contract for Dyche, or a rest of the season one for Sam, and then regroup and see where we stand next May. Either manager would need to spend on established decent goal scorers in January. It is all a big disappointment but it is where we are.

They are not.good enough. Simple. And had Moshiri shown true ambition I doubt we sou.have been in this place now. R K was a poor choice, his record was not the best , probably a safety first appointmemnt. If thats what you want,  lets go for.moyes. not spectacular but proven. Rather him than allerdyce.

But for.now.we have DU, who deserves a chance to show if he can make the transition. Two DIFFICULT games is not.enough, And certainly.not enough to warrant jumping for.fat Sam.

November 01, 2017, 02:08:43 PM
Reply #302

Waltzer

They are not.good enough. Simple. And had Moshiri shown true ambition I doubt we sou.have been in this place now. R K was a poor choice, his record was not the best , probably a safety first appointmemnt. If thats what you want,  lets go for.moyes. not spectacular but proven. Rather him than allerdyce.

But for.now.we have DU, who deserves a chance to show if he can make the transition. Two DIFFICULT games is not.enough, And certainly.not enough to warrant jumping for.fat Sam.

I honestly wouldnt touch Moyes with a barge pole. He has highlighted his limitations on more than 1 occasion since leaving us, and even during spells with us. And Unsworth has done little to warrant this opportunity other than the fact hes an employee of the club.

November 01, 2017, 02:39:09 PM
Reply #303

sirblue57

I honestly wouldnt touch Moyes with a barge pole. He has highlighted his limitations on more than 1 occasion since leaving us, and even during spells with us. And Unsworth has done little to warrant this opportunity other than the fact hes an employee of the club.

I have more faith in either of them than allerdyce. My point is just throwing names like his out there, is wrong, maybe Unsworth won't be good enough long term, but at the very least it gives us time to look at quality managers. And let's not forget, he has Joe Royle to back him up.

Let's just quit with the hyperbole please and give him a chance. And stop with the fat Sam shouts....it's depressing enough without that shit.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 02:43:32 PM by sirblue57 »

November 01, 2017, 03:09:20 PM
Reply #304

Waltzer

I have more faith in either of them than allerdyce. My point is just throwing names like his out there, is wrong, maybe Unsworth won't be good enough long term, but at the very least it gives us time to look at quality managers. And let's not forget, he has Joe Royle to back him up.

Let's just quit with the hyperbole please and give him a chance. And stop with the fat Sam shouts....it's depressing enough without that shit.

So you'd have more confidence in a manager that has been sacked on 2 of his last 3 appointments and left the other after getting them relegated cause he didnt want the fight, and a manager that has no experience managing, with the exception of U23s, who got it woefully wrong against Leicester over a manager that has never been relegated, generally improves teams, albeit his style of play may not be to everyone's taste and got enough recognition to manage his National team?
I dont want Allardyce to take over and think we should be aiming much, much higher but Moyes and Unsworth would be a farcical appointment if we do have plans on progressing, even more so than Sam.

November 01, 2017, 03:51:24 PM
Reply #305

gizzblue

How come we never get the new manager bump?
Martinez first year ?.

November 01, 2017, 04:51:04 PM
Reply #306

sirblue57

So you'd have more confidence in a manager that has been sacked on 2 of his last 3 appointments and left the other after getting them relegated cause he didnt want the fight, and a manager that has no experience managing, with the exception of U23s, who got it woefully wrong against Leicester over a manager that has never been relegated, generally improves teams, albeit his style of play may not be to everyone's taste and got enough recognition to manage his National team?
I dont want Allardyce to take over and think we should be aiming much, much higher but Moyes and Unsworth would be a farcical appointment if we do have plans on progressing, even more so than Sam.

I am saying that allerdyce is not much of a better option,  and i would prefer him not to be associated with the club in any way. And for all moyes faults. He did some goos stuff and brought some veryvtalentes players in, on a paltey budget, and if your judging unsworth after two games against two sides much better than us, thats pathetic. Barely a week to assess and sort all the issues we have is beyond any manager imo.

November 01, 2017, 04:58:08 PM
Reply #307

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I am saying that allerdyce is not much of a better option,  and i would prefer him not to be associated with the club in any way. And for all moyes faults. He did some goos stuff and brought some veryvtalentes players in, on a paltey budget, and if your judging unsworth after two games against two sides much better than us, thats pathetic. Barely a week to assess and sort all the issues we have is beyond any manager imo.

Heís not judging unsworth because as you rightly say you can count his first team games on one fucking hand which is part of the problem.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 01, 2017, 06:24:57 PM
Reply #308

sirblue57

Heís not judging unsworth because as you rightly say you can count his first team games on one fucking hand which is part of the problem.

So if he is not judging him, why bring it up?
We know he has little experience, but how do you get experience? So he is in place till January, that is when he should be judged.

And it gives the board time to make the best choice.....and neither Dyche or Allerdyce will be close...i truly hope.

November 01, 2017, 06:35:03 PM
Reply #309

Lxxx

How come we never get the new manager bump?

Martinez bumped us up to 5th, Koeman bumped us up to 7th.

November 01, 2017, 07:29:41 PM
Reply #310

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
I mean the first few games bunp
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

November 01, 2017, 07:53:51 PM
Reply #311

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I mean the first few games bunp

Won 4/5 of the first games with Koeman didnít we?

November 01, 2017, 07:57:51 PM
Reply #312

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
We know he has little experience, but how do you get experience? So he is in place till January, that is when he should be judged.

And it gives the board time to make the best choice.....and neither Dyche or Allerdyce will be close...i truly hope.

He doesnít necessarily need to be judged though does he?

If thereís a top candidate willing to come in the next 2 weeks or whatever then he just moves aside.

This isnít an actual trial with the idea that if he wins some games he stays on for another x amount of games.

Itís a Best case scenario thing that if a top manager isnít available and heís doing ok then weíre not in a panic stations position.

If for some reason he is in charge for a good while and he turns out to be really good (as really good is what we should be aiming for and as such that standard he should be judged against) then great.

November 01, 2017, 08:23:56 PM
Reply #313

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

Go and get all the experience you like, but not while we’re gasping for air.

As a steady the ship with a man who’s well liked and well thought of in the club - 100% happy with that we are lucky to have a talented young coach so ingrained in our identity who can step up for a few weeks - but we need to start picking up wins NOW and the best way to do that is to hire the best coach possible, not have a little look and see if we can bed someone in slowly.

trying to hang the curtains when the fucking house is on fire over here.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 01, 2017, 10:15:29 PM
Reply #314

Ridge

I'm still fully on board with Unsworth, I can understand why people are panicking or want more reassurance about what it means longer term. 2 games and we lost them both, but both difficult away games with team bereft of confidence. You're not always going to start every game as you intend, but in both games we adapted and improved.

Chelsea game, Conte has best PL win ratio, a manager who has received no end of plaudits for tactics when winning title last year. As game went on he had plenty of reason to worry.

Against Leicester we could have been more cynical with Gray, and I think Davies and Rooney wore that frustration for rest of the match. Also you can't really legislate for Kenny swiping as a cross like that, you have to get behind the ball, if you can't make a strong connection. As game wore on, we were 2 down to a team setup to counter attack with pace. We actually did come back into the game, despite the the obvious risks and dangers, we largely limited them after early mistakes.

I think November has a lot of more winnable matches and I think Unsworth would start picking up wins and points, I'm just not sure he'll be given time or support to do so.