November 18, 2017, 12:41:31 PM

Author Topic: Unsworth  (Read 16081 times)

November 02, 2017, 08:21:07 PM
Reply #345

Lazarou

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/fc-everton-u21/transfers/verein/9261/saison_id/2017

deCoubertin

November 02, 2017, 08:22:37 PM
Reply #346

Major Clanger

Just out of interest whatís this heavy investment being made in the under 23ís?

Off the top of my head all I can recall is DCL being bought for the development squad for a large sum. The likes of Lookman and Vlasic were bought for the first team squad.

Josh Bowler from QPR and Lewis Gibson from Newcastle.
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

November 02, 2017, 08:23:42 PM
Reply #347

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Josh Bowler from QPR and Lewis Gibson from Newcastle.
And the lad from Fulham

Simply simply lovely

November 02, 2017, 08:26:50 PM
Reply #348

Waltzer

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/fc-everton-u21/transfers/verein/9261/saison_id/2017

From that it looks like we get ripped off even more in the under 23s market than we do for our full squad!! 6.39 million spent with a market value of 1.44 million

November 02, 2017, 08:27:28 PM
Reply #349

Bluedylan

Some people appear to be dying to undermine Moshiri and hoping it all goes it all tits up.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

November 02, 2017, 08:28:28 PM
Reply #350

Ross

Do a little more research.

Point me in the right direction?

I dont follow the u23s that much but I know there was kid from Newcastle (Gibson I think) who cost a bit and that Donkor, but dont think its been vast amounts, could be wrong though?

Isnít that Donkor just a loan like Dier was?

Lewis Gibson cost £6m didn't he? The lad from QPR, Josh Bowler, cost £4.25m.

Canít remember about Gibson but Bowler was heavily incentivised wasnít it, pretty minimal outlay initially. Even them fees are pretty standard at that level though now arenít they? Sterling cost £5m when he moved to the shite 10 years ago, Arsenal payed about that for Pennant amongst others back in the late 90ís and 00ís and god knows what City or Chelsea pay for kids.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

November 02, 2017, 08:33:54 PM
Reply #351

Lazarou

From that it looks like we get ripped off even more in the under 23s market than we do for our full squad!! 6.39 million spent with a market value of 1.44 million

Or we could have got a bargain if they develop into world beaters.

November 02, 2017, 08:39:38 PM
Reply #352

Lxxx

Yeh, I always go www.transfermarkt.co.uk for my cutting edge football insights.

November 02, 2017, 08:41:25 PM
Reply #353

Bluedylan

Point me in the right direction?

Isnít that Donkor just a loan like Dier was?

Canít remember about Gibson but Bowler was heavily incentivised wasnít it, pretty minimal outlay initially. Even them fees are pretty standard at that level though now arenít they? Sterling cost £5m when he moved to the shite 10 years ago, Arsenal payed about that for Pennant amongst others back in the late 90ís and 00ís and god knows what City or Chelsea pay for kids.

Convenient that you 'can't remember' a 6 million outlay on an U17s player. Use google, jog your memory.

As you well know there's been plenty of seasons we couldn't spend £10m on the first team, let alone two players for the youth teams. So yeah, there has been clear and indisputable investment.

But you crack on with your agenda and don't let annoying things like facts and information get in the way.

Moshiri out!
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

November 02, 2017, 08:45:05 PM
Reply #354

formerKHL

most of the outlay on young players is "compensation" for the development outlay invested by the selling club...

don't get this mixed up with transfer fees......

the "extension" payments are then incrued on a development basis...ie: if he make the first team we pay x amount...if after so many appearances for the firt team it's Y amount....if we sell on within so many years and make a profit it could be Z amount....

November 02, 2017, 08:46:57 PM
Reply #355

Ross

Convenient that you 'can't remember' a 6 million outlay on an U17s player. Use google, jog your memory.

As you well know there's been plenty of seasons we couldn't spend £10m on the first team, let alone two players for the youth teams. So yeah, there has been clear and indisputable investment.

But you crack on with your agenda and don't let annoying things like facts and information get in the way.

Moshiri out!

What are you going on about?

I couldnít remember so asked. Further investigating reveals its £6m for a lad if he manages to fulfil all kinds of incentives. Thatís not what we paid for him.

If thatís the case we paid £2m to Leeds for Luke Garbutt in 2009. Given the inflation in football transfer fees heíd be going for £20m now.

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

November 02, 2017, 09:05:39 PM
Reply #356

SANA_DR0

What are you going on about?

I couldnít remember so asked. Further investigating reveals its £6m for a lad if he manages to fulfil all kinds of incentives. Thatís not what we paid for him.

If thatís the case we paid £2m to Leeds for Luke Garbutt in 2009. Given the inflation in football transfer fees heíd be going for £20m now.

i guess ive learned not to ask people for facts or links to where said facts could be ascertained, seems like you just get a barrage of abuse instead...
The only real things in this reality are how perspective is perceived and eventual death...

& Unsworth kicking ass.

November 03, 2017, 02:14:23 AM
Reply #357

kramer0

I'm still on board.

Sort Walsh's role first.

November 03, 2017, 02:24:42 AM
Reply #358

BlueBeagle

3 games, 3 defeats, 1 goal for, 7 goals against.

Not the best audition for the full time gig from Unsworth is it.

We need someone asap because things haven't improved in the slightest, if anything we're now worse than when Koeman was sacked.

November 03, 2017, 02:26:39 AM
Reply #359

hill135

Yep.

Not the man for the job.

Who the fuck is I don't know.